+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

Dubyskye

Nov 29, 2017
I had two jobs for which I claimed points. For the old one I could get a proper director signed cic format letter. For the current job, since I could not discuss with my Mgr or HR, I could not get the roles and responsibilities letter. I submitted all other proofs for this current job, just the work reference letter is not as per Cic guidelines
I have a similar situation as well. I could not get experience letter for one of the jobs for which I claimed points. The company got acquired by another company after I had left the company. I attached some documents to prove that I did this job, together with a letter of explanation. I ordered GCMS notes and from the notes, my application was recommended for review particularly because of this situation. It's likely yours is similarly under review and this may imply that our applications will take a longer time to process before a decision is made.

Reactions: bbq_g3

den89

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/01/2018
Hello Guys,

I have a question to all the seniors out there.

IRCC states it takes an avg of 6 months to process an Express Entry application, is it 6 months from AOR or 6 months after we submit the requested documents (ADR)?
It’s 6 months from the date ur R 10 is complete.

Reactions: Nobatia

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
I had two jobs for which I claimed points. For the old one I could get a proper director signed cic format letter. For the current job, since I could not discuss with my Mgr or HR, I could not get the roles and responsibilities letter. I submitted all other proofs for this current job, just the work reference letter is not as per Cic guidelines
The question is do you need your current job to obtain the required CRS points? Or will the old job suffice? If the old job's duration is sufficient for the required CRS points of your ITA round, then you don't need to worry really. If not, did you submit affidavits or colleague's reference letters for the current job and provide LOE?

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Guys I'm freaked out! One December AOR got rejected cause they didn't submit the roles and responsibilities reference letter.

https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/december-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker/cases/case-38522

I'm beginning to imagine the worst cause mine is a similar case! :(
If you read his comments, he did not submit any letters of reference showing work experience related to the NOC for which he was claiming points. No roles and responsibilities and no affidavit.
Is that the case with you too?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
If you read his comments, he did not submit any letters of reference showing work experience related to the NOC for which he was claiming points. No roles and responsibilities and no affidavit.
Is that the case with you too?
Same case. Did not submit affidavit. Could not get an official or colleagues to provide a letter. Instead I submitted a self attested letter stating my job description and an LOE explaining the situation. Guess that was enough to raise red flags. Explains why it's 102 days and still my application is at IP2 at NDVO :(

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
The question is do you need your current job to obtain the required CRS points? Or will the old job suffice? If the old job's duration is sufficient for the required CRS points of your ITA round, then you don't need to worry really. If not, did you submit affidavits or colleague's reference letters for the current job and provide LOE?
Yep needed to include current job to increase score. Did not submit affidavit. A colleague was to give me the letter but got cold feet and backed out at the last minute. So I was left with no choice to give a self attested reference letter and an LOE.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I have a similar situation as well. I could not get experience letter for one of the jobs for which I claimed points. The company got acquired by another company after I had left the company. I attached some documents to prove that I did this job, together with a letter of explanation. I ordered GCMS notes and from the notes, my application was recommended for review particularly because of this situation. It's likely yours is similarly under review and this may imply that our applications will take a longer time to process before a decision is made.
Wow that's pretty nerve wrecking. Wish they would atleast provided some updates in terms of expected timelines or such a we didn't need to be anxious all the time.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Same case. Did not submit affidavit. Could not get an official or colleagues to provide a letter. Instead I submitted a self attested letter stating my job description and an LOE explaining the situation. Guess that was enough to raise red flags. Explains why it's 102 days and still my application is at IP2 at NDVO :(
Well, if you are at IP2, I guess the officers must have processed your eligibility wrt the NOC otherwise you would have heard the news you didnt want to hear. I pray and hope that's the case.
Plus, doesn't matter if it is 102 days since AOR, a lot of people with perfect documents are waiting too.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Yep needed to include current job to increase score. Did not submit affidavit. A colleague was to give me the letter but got cold feet and backed out at the last minute. So I was left with no choice to give a self attested reference letter and an LOE.
How many years of experience are you claiming in your current job? Could you have contacted any ex-colleagues who had left the organization?
Did you receive any ADR during the process?

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
When did u apply for gcms?
Feb 27, same day as the mass IP2 update I believe.

Is that "recommend passed" different than "just passed"? lol
Probably the first officer sets it to recommend passed and a second officers reviews and updates it to Passed, similar to the other assessments.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
From what I understand, to verify your employment they do a web search on the company to confirm its existence, check it's website, and sometimes contact the references you provide in your letters (supervisor/manager/HR). Though in my case none of my co-workers got any calls or emails, at least that's what they claim. In notes they did mention the other checks they did though. Ideally, you'd want some kind of reference other than yourself, so I don't know what they'd do in that situation. Have you ordered any GCMS notes before?

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
From what I understand, you have submitted a self attested role and responsibilities letter with an LOE. I do not think you should be worried then.

The person who got rejection did not submit anything. Only slips, offer letter etc. No mention at all of role and responsibilities. Now that is a red flag. CIC explicitly states your R&R should be available since you are applying under a specific NOC.

But in your case, the letter is available (only not on letterhead or by a colleague). Don't worry, it should be fine.

PS I have a friend who has got her PR in a similar situation.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
From what I understand, you have submitted a self attested role and responsibilities letter with an LOE. I do not think you should be worried then.

The person who got rejection did not submit anything. Only slips, offer letter etc. No mention at all of role and responsibilities. Now that is a red flag. CIC explicitly states your R&R should be available since you are applying under a specific NOC.

But in your case, the letter is available (only not on letterhead or by a colleague). Don't worry, it should be fine.

PS I have a friend who has got her PR in a similar situation.
That's very encouraging. Really hoping that is the case. Thank you so much..

Reactions: Dubyskye and CANPRI

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Well, if you are at IP2, I guess the officers must have processed your eligibility wrt the NOC otherwise you would have heard the news you didnt want to hear. I pray and hope that's the case.
Plus, doesn't matter if it is 102 days since AOR, a lot of people with perfect documents are waiting too.
That's really helpful to know! Keeping the hopes alive.. thank you!