+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 inland spousal sponsorship

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
I have almost the same timeline up to Pre arrival letter however my PR tracker is saying background check not started. Did you have this and then just suddenly got portal invitation etc?

I phoned and agent said BG not started from what she could see too. They lost my paper application from July 2021 and this is my second application so I just really want this to be over.

any insight you have to the background check would be really appreciated. Congratulations on getting PR:)
I have almost the same timeline up to Pre arrival letter too!I received it last Friday and my GC key says my background check and eligibility are both in progress, however, in my tracker,both are not started.
What does it show in your Gc key? Maybe it's updated there already.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I have quick question. Aren't medical examination valid for 5 years?

"We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application."
I have no idea. My spouse has been in Canada for 8 years as a temporary foreign worker, so 8 years ago he did medical and biometrics. His work is based on 2 year contacts, so he has never left for anything more than a few weeks for vacation so never had to redo medicals during those 8 years, but had to do medical for pr. he didnt have to do biometrics tho as they are good for 10 years.

Elwest2

Sep 17, 2021
Is anyone still having trouble accessing the tracker? I received my sponsor eligibility email on Jan 18 and was finally able to create a tracker account on Feb 1, but the PA is still not able to create one. He received his eligibility email on Jan 28, so I wonder if I need to wait another week or so, so he can create an account. Sponsor account only has details for sponsor application and not the whole application.
I applied on Dec 9th 2022 and I was only able to create account on
I have almost the same timeline up to Pre arrival letter too!I received it last Friday and my GC key says my background check and eligibility are both in progress, however, in my tracker,both are not started.
What does it show in your Gc key? Maybe it's updated there already.
My Gc Key does say that BG check is in progress but I don’t know which tracking is more accurate as it also says my eligibility is in process when I’ve actually received approval of eligibility. Whereas my tracker says eligibility complete and background check not started?? So hard to know what’s happening!!

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
I applied on Dec 9th 2022 and I was only able to create account on

My Gc Key does say that BG check is in progress but I don’t know which tracking is more accurate as it also says my eligibility is in process when I’ve actually received approval of eligibility. Whereas my tracker says eligibility complete and background check not started?? So hard to know what’s happening!!
I know! It is so confusing! I even read about people receiving Portal with eligibility and BG still in progress. I just checked my tracker again, it says my eligibility has been complete since Feb 2nd, but I have received no email about that. Only my spouse received his eligibility on that day, but mine(PA) eligibility should be approved somehow too, right? Sooooo confusing!

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I know! It is so confusing! I even read about people receiving Portal with eligibility and BG still in progress. I just checked my tracker again, it says my eligibility has been complete since Feb 2nd, but I have received no email about that. Only my spouse received his eligibility on that day, but mine(PA) eligibility should be approved somehow too, right? Sooooo confusing!
myself and spouse rec'd eligibility emails on separate dates. I (sponsor) rec'd mine Jan 18 and my spouse rec'd his Jan26. I myself could register for tracker feb 1 and my spouse still can't. At this point, just waiting for email updates. I think our next step would be uploading the photo and address verification. GC key still shows eligibility under review and background under review

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
myself and spouse rec'd eligibility emails on separate dates. I (sponsor) rec'd mine Jan 18 and my spouse rec'd his Jan26. I myself could register for tracker feb 1 and my spouse still can't. At this point, just waiting for email updates. I think our next step would be uploading the photo and address verification. GC key still shows eligibility under review and background under review

The tracker really is frustrating. Although it's quite pointless now for us to use the tracker, I was still curious about it. I (sponsor)can't set up an account. But my hubby (PA) was able to.
We're just waiting for the ECOPR now and even that is not updated on his tracker account.

GCkey still says the same, application submitted. BG check in review and all that.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
The tracker really is frustrating. Although it's quite pointless now for us to use the tracker, I was still curious about it. I (sponsor)can't set up an account. But my hubby (PA) was able to.
We're just waiting for the ECOPR now and even that is not updated on his tracker account.

GCkey still says the same, application submitted. BG check in review and all that.
yes, i think I am more curious as well. The sponsor account just shows sponsor application and thats all. I think at this point we are just waiting for the email to upload photo etc. I am assuming we will get that email before we see any updates on gc key

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
If so,it would be the best news ever. I heard that background check can take months. That's the thing that I am anxious about. I just hope the IRCC really speeds up and we can both get Portal ASAP. Fingers crossed.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
If so,it would be the best news ever. I heard that background check can take months. That's the thing that I am anxious about. I just hope the IRCC really speeds up and we can both get Portal ASAP. Fingers crossed.
I hope its as quick as some, i see some from October and November with ecopr already. I have two dependants on our application and they just did biometrics on Jan 31, the deadline was Feb 12, so i dont know if they follow up after the deadline or process them as they come in, or how that is handled.

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
I hope its as quick as some, i see some from October and November with ecopr already. I have two dependants on our application and they just did biometrics on Jan 31, the deadline was Feb 12, so i dont know if they follow up after the deadline or process them as they come in, or how that is handled.
In my experience, I think IRCC processes updates like medical and biometrics as they come in, because I did my medical check on Jan 17th, and it has been completed on GC key on the 19th. That's pretty fast, right? I hope it will be the same for your family too.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
In my experience, I think IRCC processes updates like medical and biometrics as they come in, because I did my medical check on Jan 17th, and it has been completed on GC key on the 19th. That's pretty fast, right? I hope it will be the same for your family too.
Yes, thats quick. my spouse did his medical Dec 21 and his kids did theirs Jan 9 and Jan 18 it was showing completed, however biometrics were showing completed before his kids even did their biometrics, so i am thinking maybe it only updates for the principal applicant.

vamsi1988

Oct 30, 2021
My wife’s 6 months stay in Canada ends on March 3. I haven’t received Copr. Wondering if I have to apply for extension or she can stay.

Feb 8, 2023
My wife’s 6 months stay in Canada ends on March 3. I haven’t received Copr. Wondering if I have to apply for extension or she can stay.
Yes!!! You should’ve applied for a visitor record at least 30 days before your wife’s status expires (Feb 3, 2023). Don’t know what you can do about that. Maybe worth consulting an immigration consultant.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you apply for her OWP? If not, then it's better to apply to extend her stay before her visitor status expires (That can be done any day before her status expires). Or you can apply OWP for her and that will also give her maintenance status.

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
I have almost the same timeline up to Pre arrival letter however my PR tracker is saying background check not started. Did you have this and then just suddenly got portal invitation etc?

I phoned and agent said BG not started from what she could see too. They lost my paper application from July 2021 and this is my second application so I just really want this to be over.

any insight you have to the background check would be really appreciated. Congratulations on getting PR:)

We were not able to create an account on the PR tracker til a few days ago. We already got the invite to the Portal and had submitted the declaration even before we got to see what the tracker was all about.

Once we were able to log on the tracker, we saw the timeline what not. If we compare it with GCkey, it only says info about medical and biometrics and everything else is still in progress.

Hopefully things get resolved for your application soon.