+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 inland spousal sponsorship

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hi Leeanncr, I am in the same situation. I got AOR, biometrics, and medical updated but still can't sign up for tracker. You can link your application to GC Key and see the updates there if you haven't already.
My apologies, I tried to link in GC Key but still cand find the application. I will give it more time or just wait for the emails to come in

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019

Chers

Dec 9, 2022
Has anyone applied in December 2022 inland and not gotten the acknowledgement of receipt email from IRCC? I applied on December 2nd but have not gotten the AOR.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Has anyone applied in December 2022 inland and not gotten the acknowledgement of receipt email from IRCC? I applied on December 2nd but have not gotten the AOR.
I’ve been told in forums that the email the sponsor gets with the application number and UCI is the AOR even though it doesn’t specifically state “acknowledgment of receipt”. That’s what we plan to use when we apply for OWP

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi guys,

I am going to apply for spousal PR in feb as I'll be getting married to my wife in India. If anyone could guide me on documents I need in order to apply. I just want to be prepared in advance rather scrambling here and there. We'll be flying to Canada & will live together. What are her options of work till she gets her PR as for time being she'll be on tourist visa. Can I apply for Open Work Permit? Would she need to fly out of canada after 6 months & re-enter ?

Appreciate if anyone / everyone could advise on this.

Thanks.

( PS.
1 - I guess this would be an inland application since she's with me.
2 - I am Canadian Citizen, Indian Origin if this matters )

msxtea

Dec 27, 2022
I've applied on the December 17th but now realizing that the email for my sponsor might've not been not included in the application. Does the AOR get sent to the sponsor email? If it wasn't provided, would it be sent to the address on file or would the applicant receive the AOR? I'm assuming the email address would've need to be including on the IMM1344 to which communications would be sent, otherwise, it would come to the address that is used there. Would that be where the email would've have to been included?

Last edited:

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Finally, today I was able to link application in IRCC account even though it wasn’t a paper application. Using PA passport info was the key, along with application number, as all other variations would not work. Not much for updates. Just that medicals were requested and background checks in progress. Still not able to register for the online tracker.

eedwards92

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
22-05-2018
Med's Request
05-06-2018
Inland Sponsorship
Nov 7th - Online app subitted
Dec 3rd - rec'd AOR
Dec 6th - Medical request
Dec 16th - Medical Done
Dec 25th - Medical Pass (in Portal) - Tracker has not yet been updated with Medical
Biometrics was done prior to Online app and completed within Portal Tracker

What is next and how long it takes?

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
On December 19 we got a reminder email for medical and for rprf which is already paid. It states we must include a copy of this letter along with the medical which the medical is being submitted by the doctor. Do I just upload this letter in the IRCC account? I’m kind of confused that they would want a copy of the letter that they sent us?

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
On December 19 we got a reminder email for medical and for rprf which is already paid. It states we must include a copy of this letter along with the medical which the medical is being submitted by the doctor. Do I just upload this letter in the IRCC account? I’m kind of confused that they would want a copy of the letter that they sent us?
Hi Leeanncr, I think you are referring to the generic email that you got from IRCC. Does the Subject of the email look like this?
( Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland Express Request Letter <Application No.> )
In fact, my medical was approved first then I got this email and from what I have seen with others, everyone gets that email. To the best of my knowledge, you do not need to do any action if you have already completed your medical.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hi Leeanncr, I think you are referring to the generic email that you got from IRCC. Does the Subject of the email look like this?
( Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Inland Express Request Letter <Application No.> )
In fact, my medical was approved first then I got this email and from what I have seen with others, everyone gets that email. To the best of my knowledge, you do not need to do any action if you have already completed your medical.
Thank you. Yes that is the header on the email. IRCC doesn’t really show updates and I still can’t register for the status tracker so I have no idea if they have received the medical or not.

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
Just updating our progress

December 6, 2022 ~ Application Submitted
December 9, 2022 ~ AOR
December 15, 2022 ~ Medical Request
December 21, 2022 ~ Medical Done
December 21, 2022 ~ Biometrics Request
December 29, 2022 ~ Medical Passed
December 29, 2022 ~ Biometrics Received

*December 18 ~ My husband got his Visitor Record valid for a year. He did not have a VR when he came in August. He's from the US. We were able to submit inland spousal application before his visitor status expires in January.

* still can't access PR Tracker
But we were able to link it to GCkey/IRCC account.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022

December 6, 2022 ~ Application Submitted
December 9, 2022 ~ AOR
December 15, 2022 ~ Medical Request
December 21, 2022 ~ Medical Done
December 21, 2022 ~ Biometrics Request
December 29, 2022 ~ Medical Passed
December 29, 2022 ~ Biometrics Received

*December 18 ~ My husband got his Visitor Record valid for a year. He did not have a VR when he came in August. He's from the US. We were able to submit inland spousal application before his visitor status expires in January.

* still can't access PR Tracker
But we were able to link it to GCkey/IRCC account.
Awesome! We also still can’t access the tracker but was able to finally connect in GC Key. But i find it doesn’t show much. My husband completed his medical last week and my step kids couldn’t get an appointment until Jan 9 at earliest in Jamaica. 5 days before our 30 day period ends. So I hope it doesn’t mess it up. My husband has current biometrics on files as he is a temporary foreign worker here for 8 years. No biometric request yet for step kids.

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017

December 21, 2022 ~ Application Submitted
December 30, 2022 ~ AOR1 (Temporary Application Number)

Just wondering if any received a Temporary Application Number instead of the actual permanent application number. If yes, how long it took for IRCC to provide the actual AOR?

Regards