+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 inland spousal sponsorship

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I am still not able to check online. But I got an applicafion number and UCI with the letter/ AOR.
Ok. I got the email letter with uci and application number but not sure if it’s the AOR. It states they will email again once they start processing.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
What does the emailed AOR look like? Or how is it titled? I have received email Dec 10, with UCI and Application # - but simply states application received and basically they will email once they start processing. Email headline reads as follows (omitted file numbers). Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about - what does the AOR read as? Does it specifically state Acknowledgement of Receipt?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What does the emailed AOR look like? Or how is it titled? I have received email Dec 10, with UCI and Application # - but simply states application received and basically they will email once they start processing. Email headline reads as follows (omitted file numbers). Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about - what does the AOR read as? Does it specifically state Acknowledgement of Receipt?
That's AOR. Email with application number.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Pinoy2

Dec 15, 2022
Have you been able to check status online? I (the sponsor) got an email stating that the application has been received however I can’t check status. I’m guessing the AOR is the letter when the processing has started?
Wow that's super fast! I sent mine Nov.11 and didn't get AOR AND UCI til May 2022

Pinoy2

Dec 15, 2022
Wait for a month they will sent you and update saying we officially started processing your application and will email you for any questions or additional documents they might need from you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sponsorship is now online, so it’s quicker at getting the AOR
I think it's because IRCC finally starts to work on newer applications and hopefully with more resources.

Previously online sponsorship was slower than paper based.... Don't ask me why.
But it's good to see that things are moving faster and there is no paper based option any more.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Wait for a month they will sent you and update saying we officially started processing your application and will email you for any questions or additional documents they might need from you.
We got medical requests today. 8 days after filing.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
sponsored my husband (inland)

Dec 7 - application submitted online

Dec 10 - sponsor Received email that application has been received. (I’m guessing not AOR letter as I am unable to check status online).
Dec 15 - medicals requested for spouse and step-children

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Updated timeline.
Inland spousal
Dec 7 - app submitted online
Dec 10 - sponsor received AOR
Dec 15 - medicals requested.

***still can not access status updates online.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Has any December applicants been able to access the status tracker yet? i keep getting the error that my info is not correct as per application or that my application is not in the system. even tho all info is entered correctly and I would assume the info is in the system as we are currently doing medicals. Is there a waiting time frame to be able to check status?

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
Has any December applicants been able to access the status tracker yet? i keep getting the error that my info is not correct as per application or that my application is not in the system. even tho all info is entered correctly and I would assume the info is in the system as we are currently doing medicals. Is there a waiting time frame to be able to check status?
Hi Leeanncr, I am in the same situation. I got AOR, biometrics, and medical updated but still can't sign up for tracker. You can link your application to GC Key and see the updates there if you haven't already.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Hi Leeanncr, I am in the same situation. I got AOR, biometrics, and medical updated but still can't sign up for tracker. You can link your application to GC Key and see the updates there if you haven't already.
We applied online through Gc key I think and all it’s shows it application submitted. Unless I’m supposed to link it a different way. No request for biometrics yet but I don’t know if my husband will get a request for biometrics as his current ones expire in 2024.