DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi everyone,

This is to update our timeline as we have finally received COPR!

Application received - December 2,2021
AOR 1, AOR 2 - June 14,2022
Medical received - June 14, 2022
Medical Biometrics updated - June 20,2022
Eligibility, background completed - Sept 10
Pre- Arrival - sept 10
Copr appeared - sept 12

Awaiting PPR

Principal applicant from India
VO - New Delhi
Congratulations!

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I'm a part of a couple groups on facebook for PR as well. Apparently this exact scenario has happened to several people in the last couple days! Applied online outland some time ago, heard nothing, and it was just now returned because of the inland error. So there's clearly an issue.
I wish I could say I was surprised. They won't admit the error though. Even my MP told me today that it must have been our error, that we must have mailed it to the wrong address. Apparently they never read any of the 15+ emails we've exchanged over the last 7 months properly where numerous times I stated that we applied online Outland. I had to explain the process to her. We're surrounded by idiots. At least she said now that I clarified the error, as if I hadn't before, she would look into it further. I doubt anything will come of that though.

• Sad
Reactions: fashiontart

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Well said. Again, I have a friend who works at the department and told me that MPs do have an impact on application processing. Maybe some have good reputations while others don't. But usually, he said once an MP complaint gets to the Minister, IRCC has what they call higher-level processing agents who can and do expedite applications within a 72-hr window. It all depends on how far the initial agent has left the file. If it's just a simple PPR email or CoRP matter, they will do it instantly. These 2nd-tier agents have more "power" than the ones processing our applications. In summary, some MPs' inquiries do get heard and acted upon quickly.
My advice is to go to your MP's office, bring everything and get dramatic if you have to... speak from your soul, for the rest of us...
Interesting. How can I make sure the actual MP get the message
Well said. Again, I have a friend who works at the department and told me that MPs do have an impact on application processing. Maybe some have good reputations while others don't. But usually, he said once an MP complaint gets to the Minister, IRCC has what they call higher-level processing agents who can and do expedite applications within a 72-hr window. It all depends on how far the initial agent has left the file. If it's just a simple PPR email or CoRP matter, they will do it instantly. These 2nd-tier agents have more "power" than the ones processing our applications. In summary, some MPs' inquiries do get heard and acted upon quickly.
My advice is to go to your MP's office, bring everything and get dramatic if you have to... speak from your soul, for the rest of us...
This is very interesting but my concern are MP’s staff don’t take the complaint to actual MP

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Interesting. How can I make sure the actual MP get the message

This is very interesting but my concern are MP’s staff don’t take the complaint to actual MP
No, they don't. If they don't like you or feel like you can wait longer, then it never gets to the MP. Unless, you play golf with your MP or run into him at the parking lot, all comms go through their staff

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No, they don't. If they don't like you or feel like you can wait longer, then it never gets to the MP. Unless, you play golf with your MP or run into him at the parking lot, all comms go through their staff
Well, there's a lot more to it than that - but yes, surprise, public figures have staff to manage their time, reputations, use of resources, etc. This is true in the public and private sectors alike.

And for anyone who hasn't figured this out: one of the first and most important rules of this is to play gatekeeper, and keep the crazy, dangerous, deranged, unrealistic, etc., away from the principal.

Does this mean they have to 'like' you? Not exactly - but if the reasons they don't like you coincide with a perception of any risk of having something to do with you, yep, being not-liked is going to harm you. (General rule of life here: being liked by other people is often a big help - not always but often). It's worth keeping in mind - the staff that get results from IRCC and/or their own MPs are probably the ones that know when to be polite and nice, and value that behaviour in others.

That said: both MPs and staff vary in what they care about, but the MP sets the tone. Not all MPs are interested in immigration issues, and not all are very interested in helping their constituents. Most care somewhat, though - helping your constituents may not win you a lot of elections but not helping does lose some, word of mouth matters.

After that luck of the draw stuff though: staff and MPs are busy. They're going to treat routine inquiries ("hey what's up with my app") as routine and do no more than the basics. And they're probably going to treat 99% of first inquiries as routine, and only expend additional work on the ones that come back after the first inquiry (after a respectable period, i.e. 'avoid spammers.')

So make their job easy: write concise, simple, clear explanations of what the problem is, and why it deserves their attention, and what exactly you are asking for. Don't write novels - write short memos. If you need to include anything voluminous (like evidence), include ti as an attachment. Appear credible - don't ask for impossible stuff. Don't write screeds about how everyone in IRCC is against you or make broad claims of racism, discrimination, mistreatment, etc unless you REALLY have proof. (In fact, most longwinded complaints are going into the 'circular file' that every office has for correspodnence with crazy people).

Div_09

Sep 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

This is to update our timeline as we have finally received COPR!

Application received - December 2,2021
AOR 1, AOR 2 - June 14,2022
Medical received - June 14, 2022
Medical Biometrics updated - June 20,2022
Eligibility, background completed - Sept 10
Pre- Arrival - sept 10
Copr appeared - sept 12

Awaiting PPR

Principal applicant from India
VO - New Delhi
Finally got PPR today!
End of long long journey!

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
Anyone from Singapore VO?
My wife sent me a letter. It said if I can't give her any update within a month she has to choose her own path.
Can I do anything with this letter to bring the attention of my MP.
This country is terrible when it comes to immigration. They are more concerned about refugees of Ukraine and other countries but not worried about breaking their own citizens' family.
Utterly disappointed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Anyone from Singapore VO?
My wife sent me a letter. It said if I can't give her any update within a month she has to choose her own path.
Can I do anything with this letter to bring the attention of my MP.
This country is terrible when it comes to immigration. They are more concerned about refugees of Ukraine and other countries but not worried about breaking their own citizens' family.
Utterly disappointed.
Our vo is Singapore. Very slow with updates and processing so far.
What's your time-line?