+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
If this is for gckey, there are several different ways to identify, try different ones until you have some success. (I can't recall them all - I know place of birth didn't work for us)
Another mistake that I made when trying to link the first time was I was using my wife's (sponsors) UCI # instead of my own (PA, which I didn't have yet) so maybe give it a shot with putting in the app # and last name or something

Reactions: Aus8theworld

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Oh thanks for clarifying! I've been driving him crazy with my asking him to check his email several times a day. His file is being sent to Mexico VO so I don't know if that affects anything or I don't know if they sent it to the wrong email. Maybe I will wait a week and send a webform?
I made this a non-issue by having ALL correspondence go to the same email.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Checking Daily is a waste of Time. I put myself a Schedule to check once per week on a Monday. Checking 4x per month is better then checking 31 times a month lol..

Even twice per week like Every Monday, Thursday, would likly work. I am also the rep and sponser for my wife. And my email is on my phone anyway.
That doesn't work for me... when you are waiting on requests to do something, any email/message you get could be a request for a document or for you to do something. Waiting a few days means that many days that you couldn't do what they are asking for. I personally don't want to take a risk.

nemo333

Apr 27, 2021
First time post here... Looking for feedback or some sort of words of encouragement. Also apologies if i don't use all the acronyms, there's a lot...

PA (myself) being sponsored by my Canadian Wife. We applied in December and (according to USPS tracking) our application was delivered 12/21/2020. We had to suddenly move at the end December, then out of state by the end of January. IF that has anything to do with not hearing any confirmation than i wouldn't be surprised.

We have heard nothing in regards to Canada accepting or even receiving our application. I am unable to link the application on IRCC website as well. So feeling a little in the dark and trying not to feel discouraged over this situation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We have heard nothing in regards to Canada accepting or even receiving our application. I am unable to link the application on IRCC website as well. So feeling a little in the dark and trying not to feel discouraged over this situation.
According to the tracker spreadsheet, about 80% of december applicants have received AOR. So you're not alone and it's not that rare.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1777405568

While they don't generally send mail, the one circumstance is where an application is returned as incomplete. They would use whatever mail address you had indicated.

You can call the IRCC and check (they may give you a temporary file number) and should update mailing address.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
According to the tracker spreadsheet, about 80% of december applicants have received AOR. So you're not alone and it's not that rare.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1777405568

While they don't generally send mail, the one circumstance is where an application is returned as incomplete. They would use whatever mail address you had indicated.

You can call the IRCC and check (they may give you a temporary file number) and should update mailing address.
call IRCC, you should have a temporary file # at this point

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, December applicants has been relatively quiet with updates, does anyone have any good news/positive steps to share? :)

123sumitmsd

Jul 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
I submitted my husband application on 12 Sep and it was received in Sydney on Sep 15 but I haven’t heard back. Does anybody know how long it takes for them to send the receipt confirmation. It used to be 3 months before but now with covid not sure how long it takes. They did prioritize spouse sponsorship.
Thank you.
I submitted my wife’s application december 8, 2020 received AOR March 1st 2021 followed with medical and biometrics request on March 2nd.