+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Yes, as a landed PR she can.
Are you 100% sure about this? Cuz the Pfizer vaccine is not provided close to her, she has to go to Erbil I think to get Pfizer, so it's quite a while far.

Where does it say that a Landed PR can skip quarantine? Cuz is she not entering with her country passport and visa?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Are you 100% sure about this? Cuz the Pfizer vaccine is not provided close to her, she has to go to Erbil I think to get Pfizer, so it's quite a while far.

Where does it say that a Landed PR can skip quarantine? Cuz is she not entering with her country passport and visa?
Oh, I thought you meant landing in Canada? She will land as a permanent resident. Permanent Resident's don't have to go to hotel or quarantine.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Oh, I thought you meant landing in Canada? She will land as a permanent resident. Permanent Resident's don't have to go to hotel or quarantine.
ok so if she gets Pfizer from Iraq. And comes to canada. I thought she gets her PR after 1 week. If spousal application is complete. And she enters canada first time. She is considered permanent resident?

she has to have both doses of pfizer right? And it’s ok if it’s from Iraq?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
ok so if she gets Pfizer from Iraq. And comes to canada. I thought she gets her PR after 1 week. If spousal application is complete. And she enters canada first time. She is considered permanent resident?

Both doses and proof that she's been vaccinated. I am uncertain of all the details. Yes, after meeting with the immigration officer in Canada airport she will be landing as a permanent resident. <3

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

I agree with @his*marty but keep in mind you deal with CBSA regarding quarantine before you get to Immigration and do your landing is my experience. So will she be treated as a PR before doing the landing with Immigration is unknown?

Reactions: armoured

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Also consider when traveling to Cda, will the airline recognize the COPR as being a PR, she doesn't have a PR card so they might require proof of a quarantine hotel. Best to contact airline and CBSA to get more info.

Reactions: armoured

vam0307

Dec 5, 2019
It's third party services that the PA can access prior to arrival regarding life in Canada, follow the link in the letter. Some people receive this letter months or days before a PPR. In my case it came 4 days before PPR.
Thanks for your reply! One small question: Is AOR2 stage before Pre-Arrival? Sorry, my case is being handled by my agent. So, did not created Online account. ECAs saying "In Progress".

vam0307

Dec 5, 2019
Hello folks! Under Primary Applicant's ECAS page, below is the status. I just want to understand whether May 14, 2021 is my AOR2? (Please note, we have got Pre arrival on July 6, 2021). Kindly suggest.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 26, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on May 14, 2021.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on May 7, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello folks! Under Primary Applicant's ECAS page, below is the status. I just want to understand whether May 14, 2021 is my AOR2? (Please note, we have got Pre arrival on July 6, 2021). Kindly suggest.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on May 7, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Sounds like AOR1 to me unless you got another message before May 14 saying they started processing the app.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply! One small question: Is AOR2 stage before Pre-Arrival? Sorry, my case is being handled by my agent. So, did not created Online account. ECAs saying "In Progress".
It usually is but with covid some people aren't being advised of AOR2 so it could end up being Pre-arrival and not even knowing your app was transferred to another VO.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yes, under PA's account #2 would give you your AOR2. :)

From what I understand pre-arrival can come at any time, but I haven't seen any case where there was anything more required after getting pre-arrival, unless you've been sitting there so long your PCC expires and they need a new one.