+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

varunvnath77

Sep 2, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon I have a question regarding the fluctuating Canadian Dollar rates. The Dollar has gained a lot in last few months when compared to Indian Rupee. Based on the response from IRCC, my eligibility is valid/completed. Does that mean the proof funds have been evaluated as well? I'm worried because the value is not equivalent to the expected value as of today's dollar rate.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question regarding the fluctuating Canadian Dollar rates. The Dollar has gained a lot in last few months when compared to Indian Rupee. Based on the response from IRCC, my eligibility is valid/completed. Does that mean the proof funds have been evaluated as well? I'm worried because the value is not equivalent to the expected value as of today's dollar rate.

IRCC has clarified this:

Reactions: varunvnath77

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Checking in with you all. I still haven't had any updates but Biometrics, estimation time was June so I am not ordering GCSM notes just now. I see that a lot of you are in a hurry to get your PR and I totally feel that! But for people who are outland applicants does it mean you have a plan to enter the country with just PR? Can we get in Canada with CoPR at this time? And what are your plans until then?

MorneLom

Aug 20, 2020
Good morning everyone,
Checking in with you all. I still haven't had any updates but Biometrics, estimation time was June so I am not ordering GCSM notes just now. I see that a lot of you are in a hurry to get your PR and I totally feel that! But for people who are outland applicants does it mean you have a plan to enter the country with just PR? Can we get in Canada with CoPR at this time? And what are your plans until then?
In my case we have extended family in Canada so would qualify for a travel exemption for non-discretionary purposes (If I understand it correctly). I am lucky in that I am working for myself with the person taking over my clients. They are ready to take over when the time comes. So I can patiently work whilst waiting.

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
In my case we have extended family in Canada so would qualify for a travel exemption for non-discretionary purposes (If I understand it correctly). I am lucky in that I am working for myself with the person taking over my clients. They are ready to take over when the time comes. So I can patiently work whilst waiting.
I also do! I have extended family and was also under the impression we could travel but I made a post about that on here, and it seems we still need a very valid reason and request for travel authorization.

MorneLom

Aug 20, 2020
I also do! I have extended family and was also under the impression we could travel but I made a post about that on here, and it seems we still need a very valid reason and request for travel authorization.
I know a couple of people that have gone over between September and now. But the main problem is that each case is assessed individually. When my time comes I will contact and see if I can get Authorisation.

Agie971

Aug 26, 2020
I know a couple of people that have gone over between September and now. But the main problem is that each case is assessed individually. When my time comes I will contact and see if I can get Authorisation.
I hope it's accepted for you! Best case scenario is they just open borders for us again.

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello All,

What is the next update I should be expecting in my profile. MEP is passed and Biometrics is also done on 2nd March 2021.
My AOR was 11 Dec 2020.

Have not seen any updates in my profile. When should I be ordering GCMS notes to check on my profile status?

Any information is much appreciated.

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Hello All,

What is the next update I should be expecting in my profile. MEP is passed and Biometrics is also done on 2nd March 2021.
My AOR was 11 Dec 2020.

Have not seen any updates in my profile. When should I be ordering GCMS notes to check on my profile status?

What's your stream? Have you tried calling IRCC or sending a webform? You could order the notes now if you want to.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello All,

My AOR was 11 Dec 2020.

It depends on your stream
Unless you haven't any update after Medical pass go for GCMS notes. If no updates happened yet then do not waste your efforts and patience.

GL

pap_ON

Apr 25, 2020
I have a couple of questions @legalfalcon, and I appreciate it if you could answer or share your ideas.

Here’s my case:
FSW-inland with a dependent in Canada
AOR - Dec 9, 2020
Biometrics - 2018
Medicals - Jan 14, 2021
Criminality - started on Jan 14, 2021 - still in progress. RCMP checks completed within that day.
Eligibility - not started
Security - not started
Primary VO - Montreal
Secondary VO - CIO
File was transferred to Montreal on Jan 15, 2021 due to workload & capacity. It was not assigned to a visa officer at the time of GCMS notes.

I received my GCMS notes at the end of March to see the above information. Today, I called IRCC and was told the exact same progress as above, except my file has been assigned to an officer since then. According to GCMS notes, my criminality was started by CIO and then my file was transferred to Montreal VO the next day. Since then, there is no progress. I asked the IRCC agent that I assume my file hasn’t been opened since it was transferred to Montreal. He told me that it doesn’t necessarily mean my file hasn’t been opened. It might have been opened and they may be waiting for the criminality to be completed, he said.

My case isn’t a complex one and the police certificates that my home country provided can be verified on the government portal with the QR code on them. So, I think it shouldn’t take so long to get them verified.

How long does criminality stage usually last? Is there any chance that my file has been opened by the visa officer and left with no additional progress at all? Wouldn’t they at least start reviewing the eligibility once they open the file?

I am frustrated to see that some CEC applicants with Jan 2021 AOR (with non-essential NOC codes) are getting their CoPRs. I would understand if they were working on the backlogs from 2019 & 2020 but it doesn’t make any sense to see such cases finalized in 2-3 months! I really wonder what kind of an order VOs are following…

Guifig

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Category........
CEC
I have a couple of questions @legalfalcon, and I appreciate it if you could answer or share your ideas.

Here’s my case:
FSW-inland with a dependent in Canada
AOR - Dec 9, 2020
Biometrics - 2018
Medicals - Jan 14, 2021
Criminality - started on Jan 14, 2021 - still in progress. RCMP checks completed within that day.
Eligibility - not started
Security - not started
Primary VO - Montreal
Secondary VO - CIO
File was transferred to Montreal on Jan 15, 2021 due to workload & capacity. It was not assigned to a visa officer at the time of GCMS notes.

I received my GCMS notes at the end of March to see the above information. Today, I called IRCC and was told the exact same progress as above, except my file has been assigned to an officer since then. According to GCMS notes, my criminality was started by CIO and then my file was transferred to Montreal VO the next day. Since then, there is no progress. I asked the IRCC agent that I assume my file hasn’t been opened since it was transferred to Montreal. He told me that it doesn’t necessarily mean my file hasn’t been opened. It might have been opened and they may be waiting for the criminality to be completed, he said.

My case isn’t a complex one and the police certificates that my home country provided can be verified on the government portal with the QR code on them. So, I think it shouldn’t take so long to get them verified.

How long does criminality stage usually last? Is there any chance that my file has been opened by the visa officer and left with no additional progress at all? Wouldn’t they at least start reviewing the eligibility once they open the file?

I am frustrated to see that some CEC applicants with Jan 2021 AOR (with non-essential NOC codes) are getting their CoPRs. I would understand if they were working on the backlogs from 2019 & 2020 but it doesn’t make any sense to see such cases finalized in 2-3 months! I really wonder what kind of an order VOs are following…
Hi there,
My file ended up in Montreal as well.
Did you answer “yes” to any statutory question?
Have you been asked for any additional documents?
Hope you get your PR soon