+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
hi guys, i had done my biometrics in 2019, when i applied for tourist visa to Canada. Post MEP, my biometric status is- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

is this status supposed to chnage? or does it mean my biometrics have been updated?
My status has also been the same, "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." However, the same day my medical was passed, biometrics details were updated on the application portal with expiry date, biometrics number and date of enrolment. I did my biometrics back in 2018 for a visitor visa.

Reactions: carantho2294

sam_wolf

Jan 5, 2021
Can anyone tell what is the impact of moving out of the country you applied PR from? I am an Indian and work in US. I have my Biometrics processed on feb 8th and its in PR is in Inprogress. If I want to move back to India before I got my PR, what should be done? is it okay to move or try to stay in US until i get my PR. what are the risks and consequences or is it just more paper work and nothing to worry?

heazzy0925

Jan 21, 2021
Can anyone tell what is the impact of moving out of the country you applied PR from? I am an Indian and work in US. I have my Biometrics processed on feb 8th and its in PR is in Inprogress. If I want to move back to India before I got my PR, what should be done? is it okay to move or try to stay in US until i get my PR. what are the risks and consequences or is it just more paper work and nothing to worry?
I’m on the same boat but i’m from the Philippines. Any response would be very helpful.

Reactions: Red Devils

Manik69

Aug 20, 2020
I have received a letter in my cic profile and it states that my application is received by Singapore VO. Does it mean any R10/eligibility pass/IP1? FSW O, AOR:7 DEC 20

Last edited:
Reactions: anuragtanwar

Deedan

Dec 19, 2018
Just spoke to a very nice IRCC agent who was willing to answer all my questions.

AOR - December 2020

Eligibility- Passed ( I asked whats the difference between recommended passesd and passed. She told me that when it is recommended passed- it means its almost done but not officially passed. But when its passed- that means its officially passed.)

Criminality - passed

Security- pending

File still at Central Intake Office and will be sent to Ottawa Office in future.
Hi pls wats the status of ur background check on cic

SimonSaleh

May 6, 2019
Hi, what's the best website to order gcms notes from? And what's the current average time they take to deliver the notes? Thanks

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, what's the best website to order gcms notes from? And what's the current average time they take to deliver the notes? Thanks
It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer (Some/one GCMS provider has disproportionately been receiving 90 day extensions, so beware from where you request)

This is based off stats from IRCC see
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/corporate/publications-manuals/atip-2019-2020-en.pdf

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: SimonSaleh
Mar 8, 2021
@legalfalcon Appreciate your expertise on the below, please. Sorry that the question is lengthy.
My profile: FSW-O (AOR - Dec 2020); Eligibility is passed (1-Feb-2021); Security and Criminality have not been started yet.
My VO is Ottawa, hence I am prepping myself for the long wait. My question is regarding utilizing my idle proof of funds.
Depositing the funds in an FD is not an option for me due to personal reasons. A friend of mine is looking for an investor, and is willing to pay a lucrative amount in return each month. He is willing to sign a written agreement, and also agreed to return the money on my request.
Can I go ahead and utilize the opportunity without jeopardizing my PR application, please?

I was told IRCC calls the bank 2/3 days prior to finalizing the application to verify if the POF balance is still in tact. And the application would be rejected if more than 30% of POF is withdrawn. Is this true?
Also, in case an ADR is issued for POF, will IRCC accept my explanation? (provided I redeem the money and put it back in my savings, also I should be able to prove monthly income from my investment)

TIA. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Appreciate your expertise on the below, please. Sorry that the question is lengthy.
My profile: FSW-O (AOR - Dec 2020); Eligibility is passed (1-Feb-2021); Security and Criminality have not been started yet.
My VO is Ottawa, hence I am prepping myself for the long wait. My question is regarding utilizing my idle proof of funds.
Depositing the funds in an FD is not an option for me due to personal reasons. A friend of mine is looking for an investor, and is willing to pay a lucrative amount in return each month. He is willing to sign a written agreement, and also agreed to return the money on my request.
Can I go ahead and utilize the opportunity without jeopardizing my PR application, please?

I was told IRCC calls the bank 2/3 days prior to finalizing the application to verify if the POF balance is still in tact. And the application would be rejected if more than 30% of POF is withdrawn. Is this true?
Also, in case an ADR is issued for POF, will IRCC accept my explanation? (provided I redeem the money and put it back in my savings, also I should be able to prove monthly income from my investment)

TIA. :)
For PoF, you cannot show any investments that are subject to market risk, or that cannot be readily liquidated. You have to meet the PoF, when you submit your application, as well as when you land in Canada. You cannot show a loan given to someone else as pof.

To read on PoF, see https://bit.ly/36Y9tRX