+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Mar 8, 2021
For PoF, you cannot show any investments that are subject to market risk, or that cannot be readily liquidated. You have to meet the PoF, when you submit your application, as well as when you land in Canada. You cannot show a loan given to someone else as pof.

To read on PoF, see
Thank you for the prompt response @legalfalcon
Is it true that the PoF balance is verified with the bank just before a final decision is made (before PPR)?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the prompt response @legalfalcon
Is it true that the PoF balance is verified with the bank just before a final decision is made (before PPR)?
No, there is no such protocol, and no bank will release any personal information of any customer or your details. The only thing a bank can do is verify the authenticity of the document they have issued.

Reactions: Linalin
Mar 8, 2021
No, there is no such protocol, and no bank will release any personal information of any customer or your details. The only thing a bank can do is verify the authenticity of the document they have issued.
Once again, thank you @legalfalcon
I am feeling good about lending my funds since I am certain I can get my money back when I need it (probably before I fly).
What’s the probability of IRCC issuing an ADR for my PoF, please? I am guessing it is least likely since my Eligibility has been conclusively passed?

Appreciate your response. :)

Jezzy2

Mar 9, 2021
Hi there! I am new here. I am interested in relocating to Canada. How do I go about it. I am from Nigeria

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Once again, thank you @legalfalcon
I am feeling good about lending my funds since I am certain I can get my money back when I need it (probably before I fly).
What’s the probability of IRCC issuing an ADR for my PoF, please? I am guessing it is least likely since my Eligibility has been conclusively passed?

Appreciate your response. :)
As per IRCC "funds must be readily available to you" when you apply as all as you land and IRCC can ask for an update PoF at any time. There is no such rule that if your eligibility is conclusively passed, IRCC will not ask for and updated PoF. They may, or maynot.

It is your application, what you deem best for your application, you can do it.

Reactions: doug87z
Mar 8, 2021
As per IRCC "funds must be readily available to you" when you apply as all as you land and IRCC can ask for an update PoF at any time. There is no such rule that if your eligibility is conclusively passed, IRCC will not ask for and updated PoF. They may, or maynot.

It is your application, what you deem best for your application, you can do it.
Thank you for the invaluable feedback @legalfalcon. It'd be better not to complicate the application at this point. Just to clarify;
Quoting from IRCC website: "the requirement and criteria for settlement funds must be met at the time the application is made as well as when the permanent resident visa is issued".
You had mentioned that the funds should be available at the time of landing. Could you please clarify the difference between "the time PR visa is issued" and "time of landing in Canada"? Is it both the same and used interchangeably?

Last edited:

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for the invaluable feedback @legalfalcon. It'd be better not to complicate the application at this point. Just to clarify;
Quoting from IRCC website: "the requirement and criteria for settlement funds must be met at the time the application is made as well as when the permanent resident visa is issued".
You had mentioned that the funds should be available at the time of landing. Could you please clarify the difference between "the time PR visa is issued" and "time of landing in Canada"? Is it both the same and used interchangeably?
Start reading "When you arrive in Canada"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

Once you land an immigration officer might ask for POF to allow your landing.

GL

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/if-your-express-entry-application-is-approved.719108/

Reactions: Linalin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The PR visa is issued when you are asked for your passport to give you the PR visa and COPR.

When you land in Canada as a PR, and examined by an officer at the PoE you can be asked for the PoF there too.

See the links shared above by @Bacelor

Ram27

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Anyone recently cleared eligibility ? Any Idea how long it will take usually ? My AOR is Dec 3rd. When I called last week, criminality was started and eligibility not started.

Ovi6109

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Did anyone got IMM 5669 form request from dec 2020 aor? Why is it sent to applicants? One of my colleague who has secondary applicant received the letter but I didn't..both of our applications has been transferred to SGVO on feb 26..what's the significance of it? Pls help

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Anyone recently cleared eligibility ? Any Idea how long it will take usually ? My AOR is Dec 3rd. When I called last week, criminality was started and eligibility not started.
what number u use to call, i am inland AOR 5th Dec

yexxa

Dec 4, 2020
I called with an IRCC agent today and she said I passed criminality, I will update my signature soon so you'll be able to see the details in it soon.

Reactions: Ram27