+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
@legalfalcon hi please i hve a question. the ircc gave me ADR and two months to get a PCC from a country i was stuck in during the pandemic. i have applied and tried various agents to get the PCC but the authorities are not issuing because i wasnt a resident so i dont have a resident number they insist they need to issue PCC for foreigners, this which i had originally explained to the IRCC when submitting my application. They are also not even given me a correspondence to say they are not issuing which i can show the IRCC as proof. all i have is proof that i applied over a month ago. my question now is , what do i do? and do i take action now and respond to the IRCC or wait till the 60 day period for the ADR lapses?

Last edited:

Khush91

Oct 14, 2018
Hi,

I just found out that I messed up the month of my New Zealand refusal in my application. It was Nov. 2017 but I mentioned Oct 2017. Do I need to inform cic or what should I do ?

AOR Dec. 04

Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi please i hve a question. the ircc gave me ADR and two months to get a PCC from a country i was stuck in during the pandemic. i have applied and tried various agents to get the PCC but the authorities are not issuing because i wasnt a resident so i dont have a resident number they insist they need to issue PCC for foreigners, this which i had originally explained to the IRCC when submitting my application. They are also not even given me a correspondence to say they are not issuing which i can show the IRCC as proof. all i have is proof that i applied over a month ago. my question now is , what do i do? and do i take action now and respond to the IRCC or wait till the 60 day period for the ADR lapses?
If you are unable to obtain PCC from a country you can inform IRCC and list in detail all steps you have taken. Also if there is any public info where it states that you need a resident number such as government website etc. you can quote that too and explain that you are not a resident and this a PCC cannot be issued. IRCC will take this into consideration and process your application without the PCC.

As per IRCC:

The officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them.

Some countries will not issue police certificates to applicants, and instead will only communicate directly with the relevant Canadian authorities. In such cases, existing IRCC procedures to obtain documentation should be followed.

The IRCC website provides instructions to applicants on Where to obtain a police certificate.

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept both of the following:

• proof of having requested a police certificate for some countries; and
  • an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance)
    • In this explanation, the applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document in the country-specific field. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their invitation to apply.
In such exceptional cases, the client will be advised to upload a document into the upload field stating country-specific details that support their explanation of best efforts.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Hope this helps!

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
You mean you exceeded your allowed residency period for lockdown reasons?
For curiosity which country ?
thx
GL

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
thank y
If you are unable to obtain PCC from a country you can inform IRCC and list in detail all steps you have taken. Also if there is any public info where it states that you need a resident number such as government website etc. you can quote that too and explain that you are not a resident and this a PCC cannot be issued. IRCC will take this into consideration and process your application without the PCC.

As per IRCC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Hope this helps!
Thank you so very much . this helps a lot. do you suggest i do this now or wait till the deadline for the ADR submission is up?

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
You mean you exceeded your allowed residency period for lockdown reasons?
For curiosity which country ?
thx
GL
no i went on a tourist visa but the lockdown there was very strict and i happened to be stuck for about 3 extra monrths before my country was able to get a repatriation flight out for me and other foreign nationals stuck there. not really comfortable putting the country on the public forum.

PS_2020

Dec 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

ITA: November 25, 2020
AOR: December 31, 2020
Medical Passed: February 1, 2021
Biometric Request: February 1, 2021

Any idea on when can we expect VFS India to resume services for all categories?

Reactions: davian09

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
no i went on a tourist visa but the lockdown there was very strict and i happened to be stuck for about 3 extra monrths before my country was able to get a repatriation flight out for me and other foreign nationals stuck there. not really comfortable putting the country on the public forum.
Check out below link you might need a less sophisticated certificate ... or not cannot tell.
However it is mandatory requirement to pass criminality, you have to provide sort of evidence to proceed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
Corona virus has devastatingly confused our affairs. Wish you find a way around please keep us posted if you don't mind.

Best of luck

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
Check out below link you might need a less sophisticated certificate ... or not cannot tell.
However it is mandatory requirement to pass criminality, you have to provide sort of evidence to proceed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
Corona virus has devastatingly confused our affairs. Wish you find a way around please keep us posted if you don't mind.

Best of luck
Thank you so very much

• Love
Reactions: Bacelor

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all my MEP/BIL was on 1 Feb, next day I got a ghost update email saying your application status has changed and upon logging, I can't find anything different. any inputs