+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Does the background check change to "we are processing your background check" after medicals and biometrics request? I can't remember if it was like that before.
yes I think it changes, because mine was at 17% after MEP/BIL and then next day it changed to 18% and it says we are processing your background check.

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
It should goes up 1% APPROX. each two days
Its 180 days over 100% in total so each 1.8 days is 1%
Oh okay, so it also means that the background check etc is going on simultaneously? I read somewhere that even around 80% people received the COPR.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Oh okay, so it also means that the background check etc is going on simultaneously? I read somewhere that even around 80% people received the COPR.
Yes true, even less than 80% and in some cases it went beyond 100% by another 100%. !
In fact progress bar has nothing to do with application processing it only counts the time elapsed from aAOR on a 6 month basis.
Once you login to your account click the question mark next to progress bar.

Also check below statement by CIC

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1441&top=3

Totally useless tool for us as it indicates nothing, i believe this was created to obstruct candidates inquiries. Now you feel obstructed to make an inquiry with 25% progress. They say unless we exceed 6 months processing time try not to make much questions :p
GL

Last edited:

doug87z

Oct 11, 2015
they should change the default processing time from the progress bar to something more realistic.

Looks like most people are waiting around 8-10 month and not 6 months.

MRafik

Jan 1, 2021
Hello,

i have received an email that your application status has changes, and when i logged in nothing was reflected except that now i have a progress bar of 18%.

there is no other updates for the medical or biometrics, is that normal?

AOR : 29 Dec
All fees paid upfront

Reactions: Jaytee1 and doug87z

doug87z

Oct 11, 2015
Hello,

i have received an email that your application status has changes, and when i logged in nothing was reflected except that now i have a progress bar of 18%.

there is no other updates for the medical or biometrics, is that normal?

AOR : 29 Dec
All fees paid upfront
you should see updates in a day or 2

Reactions: MRafik

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Yes true, even less than 80% and in some cases it went beyond 100% by another 100%. !
In fact progress bar has nothing to do with application processing it only counts the time elapsed from aAOR on a 6 month basis.
Once you login to your account click the question mark next to progress bar.

Also check below statement by CIC

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1441&top=3

Totally useless tool for us as it indicates nothing, i believe this was created to obstruct candidates inquiries. Now you feel obstructed to make an inquiry with 25% progress. They say unless we exceed 6 months processing time try not to make much questions :p
GL
oh great lol, that was actually informative, thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Bacelor

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
I received an email today and it says application updated. When I logged in there was no update but I noticed, the eligibilty requirement states - 'we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' is that normal?

Sonyal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
I received an email today and it says application updated. When I logged in there was no update but I noticed, the eligibilty requirement states - 'we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' is that normal?
Same thing happened to me yesterday. It must be normal.

Aqsa Mumtaz

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Hey all I applied permanent residence online from Canada and then came back to Pakistan I recieved my passport request on 6th March 2020 but from then it started corona and lockdown and I mailed them my passports to Ottawa office in October end and now it's been 3 months I am not receiving any reply. I sent them web form twice but no reply kindly help any Ottawa embassy mailing account or anything? I need passports urgently now, Thanks in advance