+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi all my MEP/BIL was on 1 Feb, next day I got a ghost update email saying your application status has changed and upon logging, I can't find anything different. any inputs
Happened to most of us. Others say R10 completeness check is done but i don't know really.

Mansourhex13

Feb 18, 2020
Good evening guys,
AOR:11 Dec
BIO request and medical pass: 15 JAN
BIO done: 18 JAN
my application appears as ( submitted ), is that normal?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Anyone here who has had a notable time difference between BIL and MEP? I received my Biometrics Letter last week (Jan 26) but nothing on the medicals yet. For everyone who has updated their status, I see the 2 are very close to each other. Just curious and slightly concerned.

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Anyone here who has had a notable time difference between BIL and MEP? I received my Biometrics Letter last week (Jan 26) but nothing on the medicals yet. For everyone who has updated their status, I see the 2 are very close to each other. Just curious and slightly concerned.
it will be updated soon, as for most of us it comes the next day or within week

Reactions: VinothAJ

dxu

Feb 3, 2021
Hello! I'm wondering if the location of the visa office has any impact on the processing of my application.
Security check and eligibility are in progress and my application is at CIO - Sydney.

Would appreciate the insight of @legalfalcon and experts :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello! I'm wondering if the location of the visa office has any impact on the processing of my application.
Security check and eligibility are in progress and my application is at CIO - Sydney.

Would appreciate the insight of @legalfalcon and experts :)
There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office also the primary office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files, but files are assigned based on workload and office processing specialization.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

Hajimuktar

Oct 16, 2019
@legalfalcon I saw your posts on discrepancy and it got me a bit worried.
In 2018 I applied for a study permit which I was letter refused, while filling out the employment section I only listed my part-time jobs, and excluded my fill-time job. In Dec 2020, I submitted my P.R application in which I am now claiming points for my full-time job only( Reference letter and every necessary documents were attached). I mentioned those part-time jobs in personal history, and also attached the study permit refusal letter and a letter of explanation stating that they were part-time jobs. Do you think there will be any issues? FSW outland.

Lu Niu

Feb 3, 2021
CEC-Inland
ITA: Nov 18, 2020
AOR: Dec 16, 2020
Upfront medical: Passed on Jan 22, 2021

I have done the bio on Jan, 2019, which is valid till 2029, but my spouse still needs bio.
Is that normal I haven't got the bio instruction letter yet?

Thanks!!!