+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

Vikram_kumar123

Feb 24, 2020
hi there,
I made my appointment online.
I just done my biometrics yesterday , it was really quick and easy, i brought the letter and my passport for the appointment.
After everything is done, they put a sticker on my letter and told me to keep it for further references , that's it , we don't have to do anything on our end.
Thanks a lot Neha

StarrySavannah

Jan 5, 2021
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
4-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-1-2021
The email you received is because the agent filled in your data into VFS system take a look at the receipt they gave you (kind of tiny thermal paper) you will see your email printed on it it is totally a separate system from IRCC. I mean it is their own internal system and gives a Zero indicator.

However, it would be wise to be patient but no harm to explain the issue for them at least by phone.
Sigh. I thought biometric was straightforward, but thank you for the information !

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Thankyou for your time. If I keep her accompany and in case cic refuses her application. So will they give me approval or both of us will be refused.
Thanks
If she is determined as inadmissible then there couls be an issue. Any inadmissible family member, whether accompanying or not, would render the primary applicant inadmissible.

For non-accompanying member, I guess, there is no need for a completed application like accompanying ones. But medical and background checks are required.

If the PA’s family members are listed as non-accompanying and are missing, presumed dead or in detention, there is no need to submit a photo or a completed and signed Schedule Aand Schedule 2 for them. Sponsors must include a cover letter with the application package explaining the reasons why the non-accompanying dependents were unable to provide a photo or complete and sign these forms. If the non-accompanying dependents are not missing, presumed dead or in detention, they must submit the following with the application package for the PA: a completed and signed Schedule Aand Schedule 2(if they are 18 years of age or older); and, one photo that meets the relevant specifications.

Source: http://www.rstp.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Accompanying-vs-Non-Accompanying-Family-Members.pdf

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys, I would appreciate your input on an issue. I have a question about my patronymic name. In my country we use patronymic name, and it is usually not used as a middle name when applying for visas/paperwork. My national ID (that was used as a travel document until Dec 2019) includes my patronymic name on the page in local language, but does not include patronymic name on the page in English. My current passport only has a page in English, and it includes patronymic name. When I was filing my e-APR application last December, I did not include my patronymic name in the application because I believed it is never used for any legal purposes except in my own country of citizenship. All of my other paperwork (IELTS, ECA, etc.) do not include patronymic name. I have submitted a webform last night with a letter of explanation to explain the discrepancy. Do you think any other steps are necessary? Should I provide an Affidavit for One and the Same person? Would this be a big issue during processing?

Thank you all for input!

(@legalfalcon, could you please look at this as well?)

The name as it appears on your passport is what should be there in your application. If your other documents includes your patronymic name you can explain it in your LoE and if required file a same name affidavit.

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
The name as it appears on your passport is what should be there in your application. If your other documents includes your patronymic name you can explain it in your LoE and if required file a same name affidavit.
Thank you for such a prompt response!
So only my latest passport has my patronymic name (which is different from my previous passport that I submitted as well; in my country they changed the format of passports in 2018, so the newest version now has patronymic name). All other paperwork does not contain patronymic name, including all my previous Canadian visitor visas. I already failed to add my patronymic name in the application in December, and I have my MEP and BIL received. I would really like to avoid having my application refused because of this stupid mistake of mine. What can I do apart from Letter of Explanation to fix the situation? Or am I being overly paranoid about this?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for such a prompt response!
So only my latest passport has my patronymic name (which is different from my previous passport that I submitted as well; in my country they changed the format of passports in 2018, so the newest version now has patronymic name). All other paperwork does not contain patronymic name, including all my previous Canadian visitor visas. I already failed to add my patronymic name in the application in December, and I have my MEP and BIL received. I would really like to avoid having my application refused because of this stupid mistake of mine. What can I do apart from Letter of Explanation to fix the situation? Or am I being overly paranoid about this?

Your passport is your identity document. Your name as it appears in the passport has to be entered in your application and all official documents that will be generated after PR.

An incorrect name is not a ground for refusal, but you can send a webform and explain this issue and correct it.

• Love
Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Your passport is your identity document. Your name as it appears in the passport has to be entered in your application and all official documents that will be generated after PR.

An incorrect name is not a ground for refusal, but you can send a webform and explain this issue and correct it.
Thank you! I guess this was my biggest concern - could this be fixed without the application being refused, or I would have to withdraw and reapply again. I have already submitted an LoE, and I am working on the affidavit to confirm the names/identities to be submitted in the next couple of days.

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
when do you usually see the progress bar? I got my AOR on 29th December 2020 and there's no update on my profile