+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

hyong1991

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Hi,

Could you please tell the process of Biometric. Do we need to upload anything or just need to get Biometric done ? (I have received Biometric letter)

CEC Inland application for self and dependents
ITA - 14 Oct 2020
AOR - 10 Dec 2020
MEP passed - 18 Jan 2021
Biometric - 18 Jan 2021 ( letter received)
Progress bar - 22%
hi there,
I made my appointment online.
I just done my biometrics yesterday , it was really quick and easy, i brought the letter and my passport for the appointment.
After everything is done, they put a sticker on my letter and told me to keep it for further references , that's it , we don't have to do anything on our end.

Khush91

Oct 14, 2018
Hi,
I need advice from all of you if you can please.
AOR- Dec 04
My wife is dependent in this file. Is there any possibility CIC only approve my application not my wife. Just concerned because she had 4-5 Refusals (student and OWP).

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hey guys, I would appreciate your input on an issue. I have a question about my patronymic name. In my country we use patronymic name, and it is usually not used as a middle name when applying for visas/paperwork. My national ID (that was used as a travel document until Dec 2019) includes my patronymic name on the page in local language, but does not include patronymic name on the page in English. My current passport only has a page in English, and it includes patronymic name. When I was filing my e-APR application last December, I did not include my patronymic name in the application because I believed it is never used for any legal purposes except in my own country of citizenship. All of my other paperwork (IELTS, ECA, etc.) do not include patronymic name. I have submitted a webform last night with a letter of explanation to explain the discrepancy. Do you think any other steps are necessary? Should I provide an Affidavit for One and the Same person? Would this be a big issue during processing?

Thank you all for input!

(@legalfalcon, could you please look at this as well?)

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

Could you please tell the process of Biometric. Do we need to upload anything or just need to get Biometric done ? (I have received Biometric letter)

CEC Inland application for self and dependents
ITA - 14 Oct 2020
AOR - 10 Dec 2020
MEP passed - 18 Jan 2021
Biometric - 18 Jan 2021 ( letter received)
Progress bar - 22%
Congrats
For biometrics you only need the bio instruction letter (you find it in your account inbox) and the service center appointment confirmation if you manage to get one.And your passport.

They take your E-finger prints and a photo 15 minutes and you are done. You should receive a printout receipt and an bio. ID sticker also Same day you get an update in your account says that biometrics are complete

Last edited:

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can either wait for a few days, they said in Twitter that they'd be opening more services in the coming days.

Else, you can travel to Kathmandu, Dhaka or Dubai and give your biometrics there. Sri Lanka is also an option, but expensive.
nepal doesnt have slots until March

StarrySavannah

Jan 5, 2021
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
4-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-1-2021
Congrats
For biometrics you only need the bio instruction letter (you find it in your account inbox) and the service center appointment confirmation if you manage to get one.And your passport.

They take your E-finger prints and a photo 15 minutes and you are done. You should receive a printout receipt and an bio. ID sticker also Same day you get an update in your account says that biometrics are complete
Do they always update the account immediately after biometrics saying it's completed or is there usually a lag period. I gave my biometrics on 15th Jan but nothing really has changed in the account. It still shows action needed .

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Do they always update the account immediately after biometrics saying it's completed or is there usually a lag period. I gave my biometrics on 15th Jan but nothing really has changed in the account. It still shows action needed .
It should reflect immediately , however it might be done differently at your place
Do not freak out but Call the service center and make sure that they did right, the thing is they should link / map your biometrics directly into your account through a barcode and identification number if they have done it wrong you will be waiting for ever also IRCC will never know about it because for them you never appeared and yes it happened to many candidates.

Tell them you will be raising a webform enclosing the receipt they gave you and whatever they gave you, then they they should check your Record to avoid a penalty from the embassy because if so they'll pay for their mistakes

Last edited:

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi,
I need advice from all of you if you can please.
AOR- Dec 04
My wife is dependent in this file. Is there any possibility CIC only approve my application not my wife. Just concerned because she had 4-5 Refusals (student and OWP).
I believe you can change the status to non-accompanying, which will leave it with just your application. but you cannot remove her as a dependent, because she will always be your dependent unless you separate. She still has to pass medical and the security/background checks in order for you to get PR.

See this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-remove-my-spouse-from-my-pr-application.486009/

StarrySavannah

Jan 5, 2021
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
4-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-1-2021
It should reflect immediately , however it might be done differently at your place
Do not freak out but Call the service center and make sure that they did right, the thing is they should link / map your biometrics directly into your account through a barcode and identification number if they have done it wrong you will be waiting for ever also IRCC will never know about it because for them you never appeared and yes it happened to many candidates.
Thank you . It's probably different at my place as I recall the lady using the barcode reader and following the process I immediately recieved an email from VFS that states the biometrics has been dispatched to to ircc for processing.
However if I see no changes soon I'll definately get in touch with the service center. Thank you !

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Thank you . It's probably different at my place as I recall the lady using the barcode reader and following the process I immediately recieved an email from VFS that states the biometrics has been dispatched to to ircc for processing.
However if I see no changes soon I'll definately get in touch with the service center. Thank you !
What was your biometrics location?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
The email you received is because the agent filled in your data into VFS system take a look at the receipt they gave you (kind of tiny thermal paper) you will see your email printed on it it is totally a separate system from IRCC. I mean it is their own internal system and gives a Zero indicator.

However, it would be wise to be patient but no harm to explain the issue for them at least by phone.

Khush91

Oct 14, 2018
I believe you can change the status to non-accompanying, which will leave it with just your application. but you cannot remove her as a dependent, because she will always be your dependent unless you separate. She still has to pass medical and the security/background checks in order for you to get PR.

See this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-remove-my-spouse-from-my-pr-application.486009/
Thankyou for your time. If I keep her accompany and in case cic refuses her application. So will they give me approval or both of us will be refused.
Thanks