+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
Help Eligibility Review, GCMS notes ordered after 10 months and Eligibility Review required since February!!!

Issue with letter of employment affecting points what do I do now?

FSW-Inland/ AOR DEC 2020
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I got exactly the same problem. Only difference Criminality is Pass. Eligibility Review Required. There is absolutely no mention in the GCMS why this is the case.

I do have a little bit of doubt on work letters because the Program Assistant in the Notes section says:

work ex
NOC XYZ: description of activities OK
NOC ABC : description of activities in the dossier

It is the « in the dossier » which makes me feel may be he or she didn’t like or understand it, instead of putting OK, they put attached in the dossier to request review from an officer. That’s strange because work letters were detailed, signed, stamped.

@legalfalcon from your point of view, is there a clue here or a more detailed GCMS version to have a confirmed clue on what made them put Eligibility Review Required ? Great thanks for your input and help.

I’ve heard Eligibility Review Required means file will remain untouched for at least 6 months. Also some people say it is just a way to delay processing in pandemic. But in my case, I’m just interested in finding out the reason so I can take pre-emptive action of updating a document or clarify something.

@legalfalcon can I raise a CSE to ask why Eligibility is RR and explain that in the GCMS notes I cannot find the clue.

Also,I changed between post ITA and pre ITA
- wife, put all workex into history to avoid getting letters from employers, explain in LoE, no change in points
- declared no relative versus relative in Canada earlier, mentioned in LoE that I don’t want to disturb them and not close relation. And points remained above eligibility cut off still.
There is NO mention of these aspects in the Notes section.

FSW Outland
Thanks to all forumers out here

Last edited:

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Today I received a GU in my profile. Yesterday night after website opening I tried several times but didn't find my status in profile page. The message was written "Application Status is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and only my messages shown below this. Today when i access my account find "Application/profile updated. My AOR is below in signature.

Reactions: Rustom

samakshkapoor

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-12-2020
Today I received a GU in my profile. Yesterday night after website opening I tried several times but didn't find my status in profile page. The message was written "Application Status is currently unavailable. Please try again later." and only my messages shown below this. Today when i access my account find "Application/profile updated. My AOR is below in signature.
For most people the status was similar, many have claimed to receive GU (in other forums as well), but that seems to be a glitch coz their website faced some issues while bringing it up post maintenance. Not sue if this can be considered as a genuine GU :/ and for the "Application/ profile updated" it was a carry forward from your last login attempt, it does not go until you click on profile status. Hence it looked like a genuine update (which i think was not)

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
For most people the status was similar, many have claimed to receive GU (in other forums as well), but that seems to be a glitch coz their website faced some issues while bringing it up post maintenance. Not sue if this can be considered as a genuine GU :/ and for the "Application/ profile updated" it was a carry forward from your last login attempt, it does not go until you click on profile status. Hence it looked like a genuine update (which i think was not)
You seems to be right, but I have doubt, if its a glitch why not everyone found a GU in his/her profile?

Rustom

Sep 26, 2021
You seems to be right, but I have doubt, if its a glitch why not everyone found a GU in his/her profile?
One cannot be decisive about a glitch, only GCMS notes it will be revealed. however this one in particular is said to be a glitch because it comes after system error. try the below example as a proof :

login into your GCkey account
go through all the verification question
on the main page of your profile
click check application status and immediately click the X button (stop) on your browser and right away click refresh button if not instantly results in profile updated (GU) try it several times in raw .. it will result in a GU of your own make.

so after any login interruption is probably a glitch.

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
One cannot be decisive about a glitch, only GCMS notes it will be revealed. however this one in particular is said to be a glitch because it comes after system error. try the below example as a proof :

login into your GCkey account
go through all the verification question
on the main page of your profile
click check application status and immediately click the X button (stop) on your browser and right away click refresh button if not instantly results in profile updated (GU) try it several times in raw .. it will result in a GU of your own make.

so after any login interruption is probably a glitch.
Someone may be you suggested this sometime ago and I tried this remedy hundered times and never found a self made GU Lol....

• Love
Reactions: Rustom

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
@legalfalcon could you suggest something here from your expertise here ?

Criminality is Pass, médicales bio ok. Eligibility Review Required. There is absolutely no mention in the GCMS why this is the case.

I do have a little bit of doubt on work letters because the Program Assistant in the Notes section says:

work ex

It is the « in the dossier » which makes me feel may be he or she didn’t like or understand it, instead of putting OK, they put attached in the dossier to request review from an officer. That’s strange because work letters were detailed, signed, stamped.

@legalfalcon from your point of view, is there a clue here or a more detailed GCMS version to have a confirmed clue on what made them put Eligibility Review Required ? Great thanks for your input and help.

I’ve heard Eligibility Review Required means file will remain untouched for at least 6 months. Also some people say it is just a way to delay processing in pandemic. But in my case, I’m just interested in finding out the reason so I can take pre-emptive action of updating a document or clarify something.

@legalfalcon can I raise a CSE to ask why Eligibility is RR and explain that in the GCMS notes I cannot find the clue.

- wife, put all workex into history to avoid getting letters from employers, explain in LoE, no change in points
- declared no relative versus relative in Canada earlier, mentioned in LoE that I don’t want to disturb them and not close relation. And points remained above eligibility cut off still.

FSW Outland
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: upon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon could you suggest something here from your expertise here ?

Criminality is Pass, médicales bio ok. Eligibility Review Required. There is absolutely no mention in the GCMS why this is the case.

work ex

FSW Outland
[/QUOTE]

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

These are just some of the scenarios.

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Where are December 2020 applicants? I think everybody get their PR LOL....