+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
Some offices have more work load than others, but each application is processed on it own merits. Also, an application can be transferred to any office within IRCC network. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Could you please shed your light on my query. Thanks in advance.

Since Mar'21, security hasn't started and criminality is in progress since then. Today we called IRCC and it is in the same status (will complete 6 months time line in 2 days). I have read in many posts that criminality will be done quickly as we submit PCC for the countries where we stayed 6 months or more and also not sure why security hasn't started yet. Is there any way that we can check about this.

Thanks.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Since Mar'21, security hasn't started and criminality is in progress since then. Today we called IRCC and it is in the same status (will complete 6 months time line in 2 days). I have read in many posts that criminality will be done quickly as we submit PCC for the countries where we stayed 6 months or more and also not sure why security hasn't started yet. Is there any way that we can check about this.

Thanks.
i see from your comment history that your eligibility is recommended pass. It is possible your security started but the call agent cant see the progress in it (security is usually a bit more secretive) -- ive seen a few with security not started and then a surprise ppr in a few days (as it all happens in the background).

Khush91

Oct 14, 2018
Dear All,

How many of us are having Eligibility = "Review Required" in our Dec 2020 AOR group like me ?

Thanks,
Vikram
Hi, AOR Dec 4 2020. Review required due to previous Refusals of me and my dependent. Security not started as per the today's conversation with agent.
Thanks

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
i see from your comment history that your eligibility is recommended pass. It is possible your security started but the call agent cant see the progress in it (security is usually a bit more secretive) -- ive seen a few with security not started and then a surprise ppr in a few days (as it all happens in the background).
Thank you @amairena95 for your update. Hope it is happening in background but even my criminality is also not completed and it is in progress since almost 3 months. Do you know why it is taking so long to complete.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a question regarding my on-going criminality check that's been in progress since February (AOR Dec, 2020, CEC-inland). Does sending an ATIP request to RCMP reveals what's going on and why criminality is taking this much time?

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/access-information-and-privacy

Thanks so much for your help!
When you send an ATIP request, you will not be informed about the reasons for the delay, which mostly happen at IRCC's end. RCMP sends a report to IRCC and based on that IRCC will make a determination on your criminality.

When you request information from RCMP, you will only be informed of what all personal info RCMP has about you. At the most you can request the date when the biometrics were submitted to RCMP and if RCMP has sent the report to IRCC and the date it was sent on.

For the procedure see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Thanks.
Security is only initiated in most cases after the eligibility is conclusively passed. So check of your eligibility is passed or not. To read on this and how long security takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

The criminality is based on two factors, PCC and the biometrics you give. The PCCs are evaluated early in the processing around the same time as R10.

However, the biometrics take longer as they have to be run though RCMP, and RCMP then submits it report and based on which the criminality is passed. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Even if your criminality is pending, other stages will continue to progress. Lately there were backlogs for medicals and biometrics.

Reactions: lakshmi123

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
Thanks @legalfalcon , our eligibility is recommended passed in Mar'21 but GCMS notes as of May indicated that security hasn't started yet. When we called IRCC today, they also mentioned that security is not yet started. Is it possible that though security is started, it is not updated in GCMS or in profile.
Thanks.

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
hey all and @legalfalcon , need some advice.
so my partner and I are both on our own pgwp (we were not common law when we first got those). Hers expires in november 30th 2021, while mine in oct 2022.
I've got a CEC-inland application (i'm the principal applicant, so she's not eligible for the BOWP, she is the dependant on the app). Should we just wait on the pr app (assuming it gets approved in the next month or so), or should she apply for an owp based on my pgwp just to be extra safe -- keeping in mind that the inland-owp app has an estimated 43days processing time at the moment, so our pr app could very well be approved before the work permit is processed?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon , our eligibility is recommended passed in Mar'21 but GCMS notes as of May indicated that security hasn't started yet. When we called IRCC today, they also mentioned that security is not yet started. Is it possible that though security is started, it is not updated in GCMS or in profile.
Thanks.
Check if your eligibility is conclusively passed or just passed by an analyst or assistant. See my previous post for guidance #4,004

If your eligibility is conclusively passed, then most likely your application has been placed on hold and this is why your security has not been initiated.

Also, check under Admissibilities ---- Security ---- Activities. If you see any activities then your security has been initiated, even though not updated in the assessment summary on pg 2.

Reactions: lakshmi123

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hey all and @legalfalcon , need some advice.
so my partner and I are both on our own pgwp (we were not common law when we first got those). Hers expires in november 30th 2021, while mine in oct 2022.
I've got a CEC-inland application (i'm the principal applicant, so she's not eligible for the BOWP, she is the dependant on the app). Should we just wait on the pr app (assuming it gets approved in the next month or so), or should she apply for an owp based on my pgwp just to be extra safe -- keeping in mind that the inland-owp app has an estimated 43days processing time at the moment, so our pr app could very well be approved before the work permit is processed?
It is always better to be in status. If your worker status expires, then you can no longer work and if you do so, you contravene and are in violation of immigration laws, which can delay the processing of your PR application.

Irrespective of what stage your PR application is at, make sure you file in time any extensions for your work permits. You have nothing to lose.

Reactions: amairena95

lakshmi123

Jun 7, 2021
Check if your eligibility is conclusively passed or just passed by an analyst or assistant. See my previous post for guidance #4,004

If your eligibility is conclusively passed, then most likely your application has been placed on hold and this is why your security has not been initiated.

Also, check under Admissibilities ---- Security ---- Activities. If you see any activities then your security has been initiated, even though not updated in the assessment summary on pg 2.
Hi @legalfalcon , eligibility is 'Recommended passed' and not conclusively passed and it is done by Case Analyst. Even with this status, are there any chances that application will be put on hold and we haven't received any ADR. No activities are listed in security activities.
Thanks for helping us.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , eligibility is 'Recommended passed' and not conclusively passed and it is done by Analyst. Even with this status, are there any chances that application will be put on hold and we haven't received any ADR. No activities are listed in security activities.
Thanks for helping us.
If your eligibility status is by an analyst, it will be reviewed by an officer who will make a note and in most cases after that the security is initiated. To read on security and how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Your application is not on hold, it is just waiting an offer's review.