+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************December 2020****************AoR Join here

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
It is always better to be in status. If your worker status expires, then you can no longer work and if you do so, you contravene and are in violation of immigration laws, which can delay the processing of your PR application.

Irrespective of what stage your PR application is at, make sure you file in time any extensions for your work permits. You have nothing to lose.
Thanks for the swift response! We will do that if we havent heard back by the end of the month!

Im just a tiny bit concerned about her sowp -- ive held a skilled noc a job for 2 years and have payslips, showing common law is not an issue either, but im worried about the old 'ties to home country' and the app getting rejected for that, she doesnt have much ties if im here (although ive seen on other post/forums that ties to country dont matter much once youre inside Canada and ppl dont really show much for sowp of pgwp if applying inside).
Do you think there will be any issues as she is on her own pgwp, and now moving into a dependant sowp or its a normal thing and should be ok?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the swift response! We will do that if we havent heard back by the end of the month!

Im just a tiny bit concerned about her sowp -- ive held a skilled noc a job for 2 years and have payslips, showing common law is not an issue either, but im worried about the old 'ties to home country' and the app getting rejected for that, she doesnt have much ties if im here (although ive seen on other post/forums that ties to country dont matter much once youre inside Canada and ppl dont really show much for sowp of pgwp if applying inside).
Do you think there will be any issues as she is on her own pgwp, and now moving into a dependant sowp or its a normal thing and should be ok?
Each application is processed on it own metric and its unique circumstances. Given that you received a work permit before, there is no reason why you would not be given one again. However, it is a TRV and you will have to meet the conditions.

You can see my previous post on this issue at #5,143

MorneLom

Aug 20, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I know that the security sections are withheld, on my GCMS notes it says withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c). When I research this it says the following:

"(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information "

Not sure what this means or if it is standard.

On the latest note it says the following: REVIEW TYPE A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: E**** REGULATION PNP: FSW,
2020-12-12 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note
the following: RECOMMENDATION:*** Appears to meet requirements***

Am I right in understanding the above as meaning eligibility wholly passed? On assessments on page 2 it states Eligibility: Passed.
Under EE Eligibility it says Status: Passed - Candidate

Many thanks,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I know that the security sections are withheld, on my GCMS notes it says withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c). When I research this it says the following:

"(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information "

Not sure what this means or if it is standard.

On the latest note it says the following: REVIEW TYPE A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT APPLICATION: E**** REGULATION PNP: FSW,
2020-12-12 I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note
the following: RECOMMENDATION:*** Appears to meet requirements***

Am I right in understanding the above as meaning eligibility wholly passed? On assessments on page 2 it states Eligibility: Passed.
Under EE Eligibility it says Status: Passed - Candidate

Many thanks,

Most notes have security redacted under section 16(2)(c) and it is fairly common. See https://bit.ly/3vsgbcf

As per the note your eligibility is recommended passed. This note must be by an assistant or analyst.

This will be reviewed by an officer and another note will be placed whereby your eligibility will be conclusively passed.

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR is on 5th December ( FSW-Inland with inland dependent). I recently got a GCMS note and I saw that primary applicant RCMP Review required. I have ordered the RCMP certificate from the local police office. Can I upload through webform before IRCC ask me to send the RCMP certificate? I want to do anything to expedite the process.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR is on 5th December ( FSW-Inland with inland dependent). I recently got a GCMS note and I saw that primary applicant RCMP Review required. I have ordered the RCMP certificate from the local police office. Can I upload through webform before IRCC ask me to send the RCMP certificate? I want to do anything to expedite the process.

Thanks
Requesting a RCMP PCC by itself will not expedite the process as RCMP has to do a biometrics scan of the finger prints provided, and after they submit the report it is reviewed by IRCC.

If you already have a RCMP report, you can surely submit it, but whether it will be taken into account or not will be at the discretion of the officer.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Reactions: doug87z

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Each application is processed on it own metric and its unique circumstances. Given that you received a work permit before, there is no reason why you would not be given one again. However, it is a TRV and you will have to meet the conditions.

You can see my previous post on this issue at #5,143
Thanks again for the response! Final question.
On the LOE for the SOWP for my partner, should we mention anything a about the pending pr application or simply focus on the work permit and the intention to 'accompany spouse until the end of his own work permit' .
I guess in the questions 'have you previously apply to enter Canada' we should state the pending pr app right?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks again for the response! Final question.
On the LOE for the SOWP for my partner, should we mention anything a about the pending pr application or simply focus on the work permit and the intention to 'accompany spouse until the end of his own work permit' .
I guess in the questions 'have you previously apply to enter Canada' we should state the pending pr app right?
Whenever you file any application, during the checks IRCC already know of any previous applications, as well as any pending application.

Reactions: upon

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi! When you order notes through a Canadian friend does he need to be in Canada at the time of application for notes?

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
Hi! When you order notes through a Canadian friend does he need to be in Canada at the time of application for notes?
"To be eligible to make a request, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada."

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
So no need for a Canadian friend to be present in Canada at the time of the request? Cuz I’m waiting for my notes for more than three months now. And my friend was in the US back then. I was thinking that maybe the delay was caused by it, not just a delay but unavailability to make a request even though we did t receive any emails at all :/

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
So no need for a Canadian friend to be present in Canada at the time of the request? Cuz I’m waiting for my notes for more than three months now. And my friend was in the US back then. I was thinking that maybe the delay was caused by it, not just a delay but unavailability to make a request even though we did t receive any emails at all :/
Don't know how the system works in processing the GCMS notes. But as per the condition, the requestor must be in Canada. If you are saying that you have not received any email, then you should keep an eye on your Spam folder as well. Sometimes IRCC emails go to the Spam folder. Generally, after 30 days IRCC will email the requestor either with the notes or asking for an extension.

ilovepreetdhaliwal

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Helo ...

I submitted my federal file through express entry after done BC Pnp .

I submitted my file on 3 dec 2020.

Upfront medical and Upfront police clearance certificates.

After 1 month and 8 days i got my biomatric letter and i have done with my biomatric.

It's been 6 months and 15 days since my file was submitted. How much longer can PR take?

Any one passed security check who submitted their files in 1st week of December 2020 ?

Thnxxx

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Helo ...

I submitted my federal file through express entry after done BC Pnp .

I submitted my file on 3 dec 2020.

Upfront medical and Upfront police clearance certificates.

After 1 month and 8 days i got my biomatric letter and i have done with my biomatric.

It's been 6 months and 15 days since my file was submitted. How much longer can PR take?

Any one passed security check who submitted their files in 1st week of December 2020 ?

Thnxxx
It can take anything from few months to 2-3 years.

Aspirant3

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
It can take anything from few months to 2-3 years.
Was this not the case before express entry was launched? EE was launched for faster processing since 2015.
Delays are possible due to Covid but 2-3 years seems to be over estimated.
I can still be wrong. But hoping and praying for all...I too completed my 6 month processing time with all submissions done. I may opt for GCMS notes now.

thanks