DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
  • Canada Visa Application Centres reopened
  • From 10 August 2020, the Canada Visa Application Centres in Georgetown (Guyana), Rabat (Morocco), Al Khobar, Jeddah and Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), and Kampala (Uganda) will resume enrolling biometrics for BIL holders only.
    The Canada Visa Application Centre in Kuwait City (Kuwait), will resume operations on 2 August 2020.
    The Canada Visa Application Centres Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), New York (USA), Kigali (Rwanda), Dublin (Ireland), London (UK), Singapore, Amman (Jordan), Port Louis (Mauritius) and Tbilisi (Georgia) have resumed operations.
    The centres in Ankara and Istanbul (Turkey), and Kingston and Montego Bay (Jamaica) have reopened for biometrics collection for BIL holders only, as well as the return of decision envelopes.
    The centres in Lyiv and Lviv (Ukraine) have resumed operations.
    The centres in Warsaw (Poland) and Beirut (Lebanon) have resumed operations. The Warsaw centre will operate from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. The centre in Beirut will operate on all business days from 8 AM t0 2 PM.
    The centre in Castries (St. Lucia) is now operating from 7.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
    The centre in Kingstown (St. Vincent and the Grenadines) is now operating on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7.30 AM to 12.30 PM.
    The centres in Madrid (Spain) and Bangkok (Thailand) are now operating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
    The centre in Port of Spain (Trinidad & Tobago) is now accepting applications from 8 AM to 1 PM.
    The centres in Sydney (Australia), Suva (Fiji), Paris and Lyon (France), Auckland (New Zealand), Colombo (Sri Lanka) have resumed operations offering limited services.
    The centre in Berlin (Germany) is currently operating from 9 AM to 5.30 PM.
    The centre in Accra (Ghana) is open from 9 AM to 1 PM, and the one in Belgrade (Serbia) from 9 AM to 12 PM.
    The centre in Bucharest (Romania) will accept applications on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    The centre in Rome (Italy) is now operational every Tuesday from 8.30 AM to 5 PM.
    The centres in Osaka and Tokyo (Japan) have resumed operations at limited hours, from 10 AM to 5 PM.
    The centre in and The Hague (The Netherlands) has resumed operations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
    The centres in Athens (Greece) and Vienna (Austria) has resumed operations from 9 AM to 5.30 PM, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) from 9 AM to 3 PM, and Dusseldorf (Germany) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to 5.30 PM.
    The centres in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (UAE) from 10 AM to 6 PM and 12 PM to 6 PM respectively, for biometric collection and passport passback services.
    The centre in Manama (Bahrain) has resumed operations from 8 AM to 12 PM for biometric collection and passport passback services.
    The centre in Tel Aviv (Israel) has resumed operations on 27 May 2020 and will operate from 9 AM to 3.30 PM for return of decision envelopes to applicants and for biometrics collection for Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) holders only.
    The centre in Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania)
nice info. what is the source?

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
My understanding is that pre-arrival is often issued once a basic eligibility check is completed but security, criminality and background checks are still pending. It is these checks which can be the most time-consuming aspect of the process.

What is the difference between criminality security and background checks

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
My understanding is that pre-arrival is often issued once a basic eligibility check is completed but security, criminality and background checks are still pending. It is these checks which can be the most time-consuming aspect of the process.
Pre-arrival/DM/BGC completed 13.03
I received in one day but info on gckey that they bgc comleted I can see later (when received PPR)

Reactions: canadan_

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
What is the difference between criminality security and background checks
Criminality is to check your criminal record and that you’ve disclosed everything with regards to that; security to ensure you’re not on any Interpol/most wanted/associated with terrorism etc. lists and background check checks your history against what you’ve declared ie. job, residency, travel history.
That’s as far as I understand things anyhow.

atefalvi

Feb 23, 2013
I received our GCMS notes in which it said under
  • Notes - "Please request passport and photos" - 2020/06/29.
  • Document Issuance - Counterfoil has been created. - 2020/06/29. (Counterfoil is the Visa IM-1)
The issue I am facing right now is VFS is for VAC in Dhaka, Bangladesh is closed. Hence they haven't sent it to me.
  • Has anyone faced this sort of situation?
  • Has anyone directly mailed their passport to Singapore VO?

Last edited:

RMH12

Jan 23, 2020
I finally got my medical exam request today! I'm so relieved

APP Received: Dec 19, 2019
AOR: Jan 10
BR: Jan 23
SA: Jan 24
Bio completed: Jan 27
Moved to Amman VO: Feb 04
AOR 2: Feb 24
Pre arrival: April 23
Medical Request: August 11

I hope you all hear news soon!

Good luck hope u hear good news soon

Just one more question
If someone has pre arrival and then DM
But no email yet to clarify what the decision is
Just the status on ecas changed
Could the DM be refusal?

Reactions: risingstar111

risingstar111

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

Just one more question
Could the DM be refusal?
As far as I know, if you reached DM then it's most probably accepted.
I think they would send the application back if it was refused.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Just one more question
Could the DM be refusal?
It's possible but unlikely could be refusal.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I finally got my medical exam request today! I'm so relieved

APP Received: Dec 19, 2019
AOR: Jan 10
BR: Jan 23
SA: Jan 24
Bio completed: Jan 27
Moved to Amman VO: Feb 04
AOR 2: Feb 24
Pre arrival: April 23
Medical Request: August 11

I hope you all hear news soon!

Best of luck. We all should host a get together in Canada :p . This whole process is biggest struggle of my life. which i never thought i would have to do and any one of us deserve to wait that long.

Delhi321

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread. I applied for my husband in Dec 2019. Have not heard anything since Feb 2020. How can I order GCMS notes? I am with Delhi VFS and it is still closed. My application was moved to Delhi in Feb and have not heard anything from them since then.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread. I applied for my husband in Dec 2019. Have not heard anything since Feb 2020. How can I order GCMS notes? I am with Delhi VFS and it is still closed. My application was moved to Delhi in Feb and have not heard anything from them since then.
almost everyone from indian didn't hear anything from NDVO since march i think. I think its still closed so cannot expect

apply here.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/