DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hello guys. Outland applicant. Timeline as follows
App received dec 23
Aor1. Jan 10
Bil. Jan 24
Ecas changed to decision made on Saturday Jan 25. No sponsor email as of yet. Anyone else with this timeline. I expect that this means sponsor approval but I notice that everyone usually gets that email the day after the request for biometrics. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated with persons with this timeline
I have a very similar timeline:
App received December 23
AOR Jan 14
BIL Jan 25
ECAS changed to DM Jan 26
Med request Jan 27

It's normal. Don't worry.

Reactions: mrgarvin

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Seeing people with AOR same time or after mine and no BIL or medicals yet.
I have my (sponsor) email and signed a representative form so expecting to get email to my email. Had a ghost update on Saturday but no signs yet. How long should I wait before contacting them? Im just worried I'll miss an email or something. I have application linked to PA GCKEY account.

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Okay

Does the website also get updated??? As I have applied through consultant she has access to the thing.

but I keep checking on website. So when you got sponsor approved what does the website say???
I checked the website, it doesn’t say anything new yet. Just that my application has been received. I’m assuming it will be updated next once my spouse completes his biometrics.

has anyone else had their account updated with new information after being approved as a sponsor?

Last edited:

sly_007

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Yes, I applied for NOC. It will take around 3 weeks to get it and this is free of cost. But if you will give your indian address at the time of marriage registration then no NOC required. NOC is only required if you will give your Canadian address. I would suggest just fill your indian address at time of marriage registration and present any indian id such as adhar card. If you are planning to use Canadian address then marriage registration process is lengthy, you and your partner have to give notice to marriage registar before 30 days of marriage after 30 days you have to book the appointment and register your marriage. For NOC you can follow the link https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/study_work_travel-etude_travail_voyage/authentication-authentification/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng
I got in touch with this department. They are saying that they don't issue the Statement in Lieu of Certificate of Non Impediment to Marriage for India as India doesn't have this as a mandatory requirement. Will a statutory declaration be enough for a Marriage Registrar in India ??

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
I checked the website, it doesn’t say anything new yet. Just that my application has been received. I’m assuming it will be updated next once my spouse completes his biometrics.

has anyone else had their account updated with new information after being approved as a sponsor?
same here. Everyone has got sponsor approval and my ecas says in process and biometric request. I have to ask about it to my consultant but I am waiting for my husband to finish off his biometric on Wednesday. Hoping for some update after that

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I have my (sponsor) email and signed a representative form so expecting to get email to my email. Had a ghost update on Saturday but no signs yet. How long should I wait before contacting them? Im just worried I'll miss an email or something. I have application linked to PA GCKEY account.
What bothers me is they have just
same here. Everyone has got sponsor approval and my ecas says in process and biometric request. I have to ask about it to my consultant but I am waiting for my husband to finish off his biometric on Wednesday. Hoping for some update after that
did your sponsor get decision made or no?

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
What bothers me is they have just

did your sponsor get decision made or no?
What bothers me is that after decision made update on ecas there is no word on if positive or negative.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I got the medical request with only my spouse's name alone mentioned, though we have children on the application. is this normal? is it needed for all or only my spouse?

just to confirm because earlier we had done it as a family which expired in Nov'19. is this why our children are exempt from it this time or do we have to wait for their medical requests to come too?

Last edited:

fruze

Jan 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

We submitted our spousal sponsorship to Sydney, NS on: December 20, 2019 (Outland PR application)

Application Sent: December 20, 2019
First letter (AOR1) : January 8, 2020
Biometrics Request: January 22, 2020
Sponsorship Approval (SA): January 23, 2020

Anyone else with similar timelines? When I initially called immigration said it will take 2 1/2 months to even receive our first letter, but ours came in 2 weeks, even with the holidays.

wishing everyone a pleasant journey with this sponsorship
wow that's really fast! so I'm wondering what happens after SA?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I got the medical request with only my spouse's name alone mentioned, though we have children on the application. is this normal? is it needed for all or only my spouse?

just to confirm because earlier we had done it as a family which expired in Nov'19. is this why our children are exempt from it this time or do we have to wait for their medical requests to come too?
We had separate letter requests for my spouse and our child. I am guessing you had a previous app since you say you had medicals that expired in Nov. If they have expired you should get new requests. I think our requests were a couple of days apart.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
We had separate letter requests for my spouse and our child. I am guessing you had a previous app since you say you had medicals that expired in Nov. If they have expired you should get new requests. I think our requests were a couple of days apart.
When I applied for PR for myself(with them showing as Non-accompanying) all of us were asked to do the medicals. This expired in Nov.
When I sponsored them now, it was asked to show the previous medical reports.

How many days apart were the requests? Just to know how long to wait.

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
I got in touch with this department. They are saying that they don't issue the Statement in Lieu of Certificate of Non Impediment to Marriage for India as India doesn't have this as a mandatory requirement. Will a statutory declaration be enough for a Marriage Registrar in India ??
Yes, that will be fine. But i would suggest use any Indian ID (I used Aadhar card in my case) and Indian address for marriage registraion. the process is straight forward. you will get the marriage certificate within 2 hours.

Reactions: sly_007

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
My timeline is here:
App received: 24 dec 2019
AOR: 14 Jan 2020
BIL: 27 Jan 2020
SA (decision made): 28 Jan 2020