+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

We submitted our spousal sponsorship to Sydney, NS on: December 20, 2019 (Outland PR application)

Application Sent: December 20, 2019
First letter received: January 8, 2020
Biometrics Request: January 22, 2020
Sponsorship Approval: January 23, 2020

Anyone else with similar timelines? When I initially called immigration said it will take 2 1/2 months to even receive our first letter, but ours came in 2 weeks, even with the holidays.

wishing everyone a pleasant journey with this sponsorship
Hi

goes the same for me.
Submitted on 20th December
Aor on 10th jan
Biometric request was yesterday (24th Jan)

but then I applied through a consultant. I dono how will I get to know about SA

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi

goes the same for me.
Submitted on 20th December
Aor on 10th jan
Biometric request was yesterday (24th Jan)

but then I applied through a consultant. I dono how will I get to know about SA
that’s great! you can check your status online or the consultant will receive the email and notify you. But judging by the dates you’ll probably receive SA on Monday.

Aneela1234

Jan 21, 2020
During your description on how to process spousal application, don't you forget how and who will process eligibility of PA as a family member for sponsor?

MFG11

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I received this email this afternoon, upon checking my online account I didn’t see any changes on my application. What is this for?

My timeline:

Application received: Dec 23
AOR1 - Jan 10
Waiting for SA, biometrics and medical request

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.

Reactions: akbarz

sly_007

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Hi , Does anyone know how get NOC ( No objection certificate) from Canada for marriage abroad ?
I became a Canadian citizen last year ( immigrated from India in 2014) and I am planning to get married in India next month- my financee is Indian national. I read online that one of the requirements for foreign nationals is to get a NOC from Canada to be able to register marriage in India. It would be great if someone could guide me through the process of registering marriage in India for foreign nationals.

chris504

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

We submitted our spousal sponsorship to Sydney, NS on: December 20, 2019 (Outland PR application)

Application Sent: December 20, 2019
First letter (AOR1) : January 8, 2020
Biometrics Request: January 22, 2020
Sponsorship Approval (SA): January 23, 2020

Anyone else with similar timelines? When I initially called immigration said it will take 2 1/2 months to even receive our first letter, but ours came in 2 weeks, even with the holidays.

wishing everyone a pleasant journey with this sponsorship
Received dec 18
Biometric request Jan 10
Started processing sponsorship application Jan 9 what the heck!! Why are they taking so long for me ?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,

I received this email this afternoon, upon checking my online account I didn’t see any changes on my application. What is this for?

My timeline:

AOR1 - Jan 10

2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
I believe that is what is called a "ghost update", you get an email then there is nothing changed.

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi,

My timeline:

AOR1 - Jan 10

Hey, I have the same timeline as you. I got an email today too and when I checked there was nothing, apparently its a ghost update and it happens a few times during the process. Also waiting on my SA, BIL and Medicals.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi , Does anyone know how get NOC ( No objection certificate) from Canada for marriage abroad ?
I became a Canadian citizen last year ( immigrated from India in 2014) and I am planning to get married in India next month- my financee is Indian national. I read online that one of the requirements for foreign nationals is to get a NOC from Canada to be able to register marriage in India. It would be great if someone could guide me through the process of registering marriage in India for foreign nationals.
Are you in India or Canada now? If in India you can get it from the Embassy or a Consulate. You would need to make an appointment, go in and basically swear an affidavit saying you are not married in Canada and you can legally get married. If in Canada I don't know. It would be from the Federal gov't though. Maybe start with Foreign Affairs.

https://www.international.gc.ca/gac-amc/index.aspx?lang=eng

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
that’s great! you can check your status online or the consultant will receive the email and notify you. But judging by the dates you’ll probably receive SA on Monday.
Okay

Does the website also get updated??? As I have applied through consultant she has access to the thing.

but I keep checking on website. So when you got sponsor approved what does the website say???

MFG11

Dec 16, 2019
Hey, I have the same timeline as you. I got an email today too and when I checked there was nothing, apparently its a ghost update and it happens a few times during the process. Also waiting on my SA, BIL and Medicals.
What will happen after this ghost update?