+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
I am a Canadian...total disagree with you...I have been waiting for my husband from outland for 9 months ...so yes outland should be faster...you are already in canada with your loved one...don't you have compassion for people that are separated for months and months and over a year!!!

Please visit the guidelines from CIC about what they prioritize in matter of inland and outside canada spousal applications.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-service.html

Mohitalodhia

Jan 9, 2016
I think as we are in the country it should be quicker. Just my personal opinion.
CIC states its priority as following on its guidelines.
Applications for permanent residence from overseas spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children (including children to be adopted) processed under the family class have the highest processing priority. Other members of the family class follow, including: orphaned family members, other relatives, then parents and grandparents. These are operational, not regulatory, priorities.

Wzka

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi guys once biometrics is requested, is there a specific location we will be asked to take em or any visa office/embassy??

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hi guys once biometrics is requested, is there a specific location we will be asked to take em or any visa office/embassy??
Find vfs central at your PA sent application location. For example, I'm from Vietnam, sent application from Korea, I took bio at VFS Korea.

Ontario1976

Star Member
Dec 4, 2019

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I find some applications move much faster than others . The ones that get sent to Mexico seem to have a slow down . I guess because Mexico has so many they have to process ?

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
You can use your GcKey account only when you have receive AOR1. After receving AOR1 you can link you paper application to GcKey account and afte that all updates will show in GcKey account.
Do you use applicant or sponsor’s information to log in ? And do you use Uci or application number ?

stephaniessek

Jan 4, 2020
Hi, so glad I found this forum. I (Canadian) am going to start the process of spousal sponsorship for my husband of 21 years. We have been expats all over the World and think we want to settle down in Canada. Any other Canadians here, sponsoring a German whilst living in Germany? :)