DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
HOW DID U LINKED WITH ECAS WITHOUT APPLICATION OR FILE NUMBER. COULD YOU LET ME KNOW HOW WE CAN LINKED TO ECAS WITH JUST UCI NUMBER?
I used my PR card number. there is an option for that.

Nicoleee

Dec 15, 2019
I am December 13, no update yet. I called cic to know if any update. but they said that they have received my application but not started working on it.
so I am not assuming to get AOR very soon. it may take some time I guess.
How did you call them? May I know the contact?

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
How did you call them? May I know the contact?
888-242-2100
then follow the instructions.
option 2.1.1.0 will lead you to the agent you suppose to talk. try calling them morning would be best at 9.30 am as lines would be less busy. but still there would be waiting time of at least 15 to 20 minutes

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
HOW DID U LINKED WITH ECAS WITHOUT APPLICATION OR FILE NUMBER. COULD YOU LET ME KNOW HOW WE CAN LINKED TO ECAS WITH JUST UCI NUMBER?
First of all, you don't need an application number to check ecas. There are multiple options in the dropdown, choose whatever you like.

Second of all, there is no "linking" to ecas. Please don't mix it up with the GCKEY account. On ecas you can just check the status using your credentials.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
pr card and uci number are same......
No. UCI number is a unique number that is assigned to you when you the first time contact CIC, for example when you apply for a tourist visa, PR or a work permit. This number never changes and stays with you your whole life. Whereas a PR card number is a number on the back of the card I believe.

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
First of all, you don't need an application number to check ecas. There are multiple options in the dropdown, choose whatever you like.

Second of all, there is no "linking" to ecas. Please don't mix it up with the GCKEY account. On ecas you can just check the status using your credentials.
I tried on ecas. I know gckey is different.
Now Ecas. ask the information like UCI number, pr card number etc.
suppose being a sponsor I put my uci number or pr card number. then I put my spouse(principal applicant) name date of birth and country of birth.
this is the total information.
then it says we are unable to find any record on that. this is what happens with me.
is there any other way of information.

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
No. UCI number is a unique number that is assigned to you when you the first time contact CIC, for example when you apply for a tourist visa, PR or a work permit. This number never changes and stays with you your whole life. Whereas a PR card number is a number on the back of the card I believe.
oh. if it is on the back of pr card then it is different.
what about the rest of the information. should I put my name , date of birth etc or my spouse details. as I have just my own pr card number with me.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
oh. if it is on the back of pr card then it is different.
what about the rest of the information. should I put my name , date of birth etc or my spouse details. as I have just my own pr card number with me.
It should be either yours or your spouse's, not a mix.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
:p
Hi Everyone,

Please add your case details to the tracker. Details and more in this post:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.666715/

Hi all!!

Sensing a lot of panic in the group and we are only at the first stages.

Based on the tracker it’s taking between 15-22 days to receive your AOR1. As the person above stated, to get a sense of where things are and where you may stand in the process PLEASE ADD your name and dates to the TRACKER HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1344700066

Please remember each one of us has our own journey. This journey can take up to a whole year in this process. No need to be stressed all of 2020! :) As long as CIC received our package be patient and wait on the next step. Sending love and light to you all.

Congrats to those who have received AOR1 and are onto the next step. Those who are still waiting, we’re right behind yuh! :p

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
When checking ECAS, I’m using the receipt number R******* and my information(sponsor) should I be using the PA’s information?
I am a Canadian citizen by birth and this is the first time applying for anything for the PA so neither of us have PR numbers , application numbers Uci etc

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
When checking ECAS, I’m using the receipt number R******* and my information(sponsor) should I be using the PA’s information?
I am a Canadian citizen by birth and this is the first time applying for anything for the PA so neither of us have PR numbers , application numbers Uci etc
No, what you're doing is enough. Receipt number and your personal info should work. Are you able to see the application details? Did you get AOR already?