+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I don't know of a reason you couldn't. Since your other app was cancelled you are starting over again. What a person can't do is switch it from outland to inland or vice versa when the app is in progress. The 2 processes have a lot of differences so do your homework before re-submitting. Wait for the 1st to get back to you so you can see what the problem was with it.

A couple of big ones are you both have to remain in Canada for the whole process apart from maybe a short duration out of the country if required. You are in the UK I believe, so assuming your spouse is from there they can enter Canada for 6 months visa exempt. Can also apply for an open work permit for the spouse. When your spouse travels to Canada you/they have to say just going to visit my spouse, not moving there to apply for Inland PR or they probably won't be allowed entry.

Mrs.g.89

Jan 2, 2020
I don't know of a reason you couldn't. Since your other app was cancelled you are starting over again. What a person can't do is switch it from outland to inland or vice versa when the app is in progress. The 2 processes have a lot of differences so do your homework before re-submitting. Wait for the 1st to get back to you so you can see what the problem was with it.

A couple of big ones are you both have to remain in Canada for the whole process apart from maybe a short duration out of the country if required. You are in the UK I believe, so assuming your spouse is from there they can enter Canada for 6 months visa exempt. Can also apply for an open work permit for the spouse. When your spouse travels to Canada you/they have to say just going to visit my spouse, not moving there to apply for Inland PR or they probably won't be allowed entry.
Thankyou, so helpful! We'll see what the problem was but I'm thinking we'd be best off asking for a refund on what we can & just start over inland. We're both in the UK now so we needed to prove sponsor would definitely move & this seems the best way. Will plod on researching. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thankyou, so helpful! We'll see what the problem was but I'm thinking we'd be best off asking for a refund on what we can & just start over inland. We're both in the UK now so we needed to prove sponsor would definitely move & this seems the best way. Will plod on researching. Thanks so much!
I think they will automatically refund the money to you, should submit a web form asking if they do and requesting they do if it's not automatic. I am also living outside of Canada with my spouse and son so I know of your concern with the moving back to Canada ASAP after the PR is given. Doing it inland sounds like a good route for you to go if you can both move there before applying. Best of luck.

Reactions: Mrs.g.89

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
File transfered to CPC Mississauga on Thursday.
App received Dec 23
AOR Jan 14
BIL Jan 25
Medical request Jan 27
Biometrics completed Jan 28
SA Jan 28
File transfer Jan 30
Booked the medical appointment for Feb 12.

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi guys,

i am kinda worried here. Firstly i applied through consultant which means all the mails regarding my file goes to her.
So Application received on Dec 20
AOR Jan 10
Biometric on Jan 24th
SA on Jan 28th

My husband did his biometric on 29th Jan and since then i dont have any update.
i have seen most of the files submitted after me have been transferred to VO. in my case no updates evan in ECAS.

Does the VFS where we get our biometric done is also different. i mean some send the document for biometric early n others take their own time?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi guys,

i am kinda worried here. Firstly i applied through consultant which means all the mails regarding my file goes to her.
So Application received on Dec 20
AOR Jan 10
Biometric on Jan 24th
SA on Jan 28th

My husband did his biometric on 29th Jan and since then i dont have any update.
i have seen most of the files submitted after me have been transferred to VO. in my case no updates evan in ECAS.

Does the VFS where we get our biometric done is also different. i mean some send the document for biometric early n others take their own time?
I think you're worrying too soon.... It's only been a few days. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: namratha_s