+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi guys... I have a lawyer who's doing the sponsorship application for my spouse.... my file was mailed out on Dec 2.

How do I check her status? ECAS? do i have to wait for the AOR1 before I can begin tracking?
You'll be able to access the status on ECAS after your lawyer receives AOR1. Just be sure to remember you personally won't get AOR or any other notifications. Everything will go to your lawyer.

Reactions: takitfree

T.asha

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
My application is out for delivery in Sydney right now ! Do things slow down in the office since it's close to holiday season?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
My application is out for delivery in Sydney right now ! Do things slow down in the office since it's close to holiday season?
Yes, I would expect there will be some slow down for a couple of weeks until after the New Year, lots of government people taking vacation. Hopefully they will be re-energized after the holiday break!!

yuvahrk

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello all, I'm in the same boat as you all. Submitted my sponsorship application under fmily class which is received by IRCC on 9 Dec 2019.

Outland. Sponsor (myself) is PR.

Will post updates here as I get.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mhavie

Dec 13, 2019
Hello, just wondering what is different between inland and outland? I submitted my app to Sydney. And they receive it December 6 friday.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hello, just wondering what is different between inland and outland? I submitted my app to Sydney. And they receive it December 6 friday.
For an inland application PA (primary applicant) must live in Canada, so they apply from within the country.

Outland PAs live in their home countries.

The process is different, for example inland PAs are eligible to apply for an open work permit and therefore work for any employer while their application is being processed.

This thread is for outland applications.

Mhavie

Dec 13, 2019
For an inland application PA (primary applicant) must live in Canada, so they apply from within the country.

Outland PAs live in their home countries.

The process is different, for example inland PAs are eligible to apply for an open work permit and therefore work for any employer while their application is being processed.

This thread is for outland applications.
thank you for response :)

yes my husband lives in Philippines, and Im here in calgary. So how does it take to have the AOR? I called the IRCC this morning and they gave me my application number, and there is “X” on it. They told me that the “X” will only be gone if they send me my AOR. I received my app this month December 6 friday. So long does it take for them to send my AOR?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
thank you for response :)

yes my husband lives in Philippines, and Im here in calgary. So how does it take to have the AOR? I called the IRCC this morning and they gave me my application number, and there is “X” on it. They told me that the “X” will only be gone if they send me my AOR. I received my app this month December 6 friday. So long does it take for them to send my AOR?
Around 3 weeks.

You don't need to call them at such an early stage and I'd recommend not to call at all unless there's a serious reason. You can get all updates online.

Reactions: Mhavie

Nicoleee

Dec 15, 2019
If nothing changes, the first AOR1 for December applicants might be sent even before Christmas. The average time for November is 20 days now.

A huge improvement since last year when just to get AOR1 people had to wait for 3-4 months.

I believe some lucky Mississauga applicants might be done with the whole process in just 2 months :)
Hopefully this will come true. Mine got accepted last dec 9, 2019