+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi Guys , I am so pleased to be posting on this forum. I just sent my application into Sydney one hour ago. I am enjoying a celebratory beer recognizing the fact that I have my weekends back with no sponsorship application related work to do. May this be the last Christmas we all spend without our spouses. Good luck to everyone !

AB__IND

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hi Guys,
Do we have a link that describes step by step, what happens to our application once it is received. I was just going through the tracker, please help to understand what is SA and AOR2?
Thanks beforehand and All the best to fellow applicants :)

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi Guys,
Do we have a link that describes step by step, what happens to our application once it is received. I was just going through the tracker, please help to understand what is SA and AOR2?
Once your application is received by CPC SYDNEY, they will review to make sure you have submitted all the required documents in the order they were asked. After that you will receive an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT, thats your AOR1.

**If you have appointed a lawyer then he or she will receive that confirmation email an they will choose to forward it to you. Once AOR1 is received, your lawyer can link the paper application to whats called GCkey**

NOTE: Only your lawyer can link it if you have one appointed. If you represent your self the you can do it and you will GET ALL UPDATES VIA GCKEY.

After AOR1 the next step is IRCC will review the SPONSORS ELIGIBILITY to sponsor the Principal Applicant (PA). Assuming your application complete and you meet all the requirements and you are approved, you or your lawyer will receive another email to confirm that YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS SPONSOR and thats your SA.

NOTE: NOT ALL APPLICANTS RECEIVES THE SA EMAIL AS I AND MANY OTHERS DID NOT. But if you are approved, you will see the SPONSOR SIDE change to "Decision Made" in ECAS.

ECAS is an online tool that you can use to check the status by inputting your Application Number/UCI, YYYY/DD/MM of the SPONSOR.

In many cases after the sponsor approval, the PA will be requested to undergo BIOMETRICS AND MEDICAL or vice versa. While the Medical and Biometrics are in process, the file will then be transferred to Case Processing Center Mississauga (CPCM) or to the PAs local visa office for criminality, history and BGC of the PA. (this is process where most time is spent by IRCC). This is when you or your lawyer will receive AOR2.

If all of the above is clear, the visa office will send whats called a pre-arrival letter which will contain information about all the benefits Canada offers to new comers. Following that you will get Passport submit Request (PPR) to have visa stamped and will provide your with CoRP for your PA to land in CANADA.

All that I have said about are what I have collected by reading many forums and comments from senior members. Im sure if I missed something or said something wrong they will jump on it.. ENJOY and sorry I dont have a link.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Guys,
Once an application is received by Sydney, they enter info into their system. At some point later (currently it takes around 3 weeks) a sponsor gets AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) email to their inbox. At this point a sponsor or a PA can link an application to their online account. Either of them can do it. Here's the detailed explanation about that https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/
After AOR is issued, CIC starts processing sponsor's part of the application, i.e. they determine if a sponsor is eligible to be a sponsor. If the sponsor is approved, ECAS shows "Decision Made" under sponsor's part (on the left) and an email is sent to sponsor's inbox notifying of the decision.
At that time PA's part of an application starts and PA is requested to pass biometrics (this is done in the closest VAC) and medical exam for PA and all dependents listed in the application.
Once all that is done (or sometimes even before that) an application is transferred to a visa office responsible for PA's country. That also might be Mississauga which is considered to be the fastest one. A sponsor receives an email from CIC notifying of the transfer, and some time later ECAS starts showing "we started processing your application" under PA's part and a PA receives an email. This email is considered AOR2. Depending on your visa office you might have to wait for a few months before you can see this on ECAS.
And the final step is decision made under PA's part on ECAS and passport request.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Once your application is received by CPC SYDNEY, they will review to make sure you have submitted all the required documents in the order they were asked. After that you will receive an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT, thats your AOR1.

**If you have appointed a lawyer then he or she will receive that confirmation email an they will choose to forward it to you. Once AOR1 is received, your lawyer can link the paper application to whats called GCkey**

NOTE: Only your lawyer can link it if you have one appointed. If you represent your self the you can do it and you will GET ALL UPDATES VIA GCKEY.

After AOR1 the next step is IRCC will review the SPONSORS ELIGIBILITY to sponsor the Principal Applicant (PA). Assuming your application complete and you meet all the requirements and you are approved, you or your lawyer will receive another email to confirm that YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS SPONSOR and thats your SA.

NOTE: NOT ALL APPLICANTS RECEIVES THE SA EMAIL AS I AND MANY OTHERS DID NOT. But if you are approved, you will see the SPONSOR SIDE change to "Decision Made" in ECAS.

ECAS is an online tool that you can use to check the status by inputting your Application Number/UCI, YYYY/DD/MM of the SPONSOR.

In many cases after the sponsor approval, the PA will be requested to undergo BIOMETRICS AND MEDICAL or vice versa. While the Medical and Biometrics are in process, the file will then be transferred to Case Processing Center Mississauga (CPCM) or to the PAs local visa office for criminality, history and BGC of the PA. (this is process where most time is spent by IRCC). This is when you or your lawyer will receive AOR2.

If all of the above is clear, the visa office will send whats called a pre-arrival letter which will contain information about all the benefits Canada offers to new comers. Following that you will get Passport submit Request (PPR) to have visa stamped and will provide your with CoRP for your PA to land in CANADA.

All that I have said about are what I have collected by reading many forums and comments from senior members. Im sure if I missed something or said something wrong they will jump on it.. ENJOY and sorry I dont have a link.
We are pretty much synchronous :D

Reactions: AB__IND

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Seems to be very few people lodging applications in December!!!
Nah, threads for the previous months were also dead for the first couple of weeks. But as soon as some actions start happening then you'll see people posting here at a very intense pace :)

Reactions: takitfree

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Glad we can share what others have shared with us. And just get ready to start living in ECAS from now on lol!
The thing with ecas is it only updates once a day. So if you checked it today, no point to come anymore, it won't change ;) And as for people with very slow VO such as London or Mexico you just realize at some point you only check ecas once a week as it stays the same for months...

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

And here's the official link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#expect
Take a look at Step 8: After you submit your application

Reactions: AB__IND

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Hi guys... I have a lawyer who's doing the sponsorship application for my spouse.... my file was mailed out on Dec 2.

How do I check her status? ECAS? do i have to wait for the AOR1 before I can begin tracking?