+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread. I applied for my husband in Dec 2019. Have not heard anything since Feb 2020. How can I order GCMS notes? I am with Delhi VFS and it is still closed. My application was moved to Delhi in Feb and have not heard anything from them since then.
Hey ..how you know that Delhi VFS is closed?

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I think this is not correct. Everything is open in India it seems.. When it was closed it shows temporarily closed but now they are working 9 to 5 as per my knowledge. I will call them on Monday to get confirmation too.. But I am afraid after spousal eligibility the next thing is background verification. Don't know how they are doing it with the local police verifications and all. Let's hope for the best and pray to get things done ASAP. We are all frustrated and suffering from helplessness because we don't know what we are doing now. As time is passing and we are not able to track anything.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I think this is not correct. Everything is open in India it seems.. When it was closed it shows temporarily closed but now they are working 9 to 5 as per my knowledge. I will call them on Monday to get confirmation too.. But I am afraid after spousal eligibility the next thing is background verification. Don't know how they are doing it with the local police verifications and all. Let's hope for the best and pray to get things done ASAP. We are all frustrated and suffering from helplessness because we don't know what we are doing now. As time is passing and we are not able to track anything.
It is Canada, who is not opening VFS is few nations.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

VFS cannot do anything until Canada moves further. There was protest happened, but I guess Canadian government is showing their priority for:

A. International Students (everyone knows why) (P.s. I was an international Student as well years ago)
B. Asylum claimants working in the health-care sector (At least they have to show that they are working and caring)
C. Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Many are getting Medical requests and Openwork permit pilot program for Inland Spousal applications in Canada class)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Few of our fellows have seen the progress on their applications too, from some VOs. Not sure when will CPC-Mississauga start working on outland applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: KATHIA08

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
It is Canada, who is not opening VFS is few nations.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

VFS cannot do anything until Canada moves further. There was protest happened, but I guess Canadian government is showing their priority for:

A. International Students (everyone knows why) (P.s. I was an international Student as well years ago)
B. Asylum claimants working in the health-care sector (At least they have to show that they are working and caring)
C. Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Many are getting Medical requests and Openwork permit pilot program for Inland Spousal applications in Canada class)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

Few of our fellows have seen the progress on their applications too, from some VOs. Not sure when will CPC-Mississauga start working on outland applications.
Ok, I have heard that the application which is registered before March is considered by the CANADA government.. Sorry not following the forum regularly as it is depressing most of the time. As for my application last thing I have seen in March which says We have started working on your application on March 4rth.. Not sure what is left. What they are doing in the background check. I think Open Work Permit is not valid for Outland application. However, I would like to apply for job if they allow the Spouse to apply for the same when the PR is in the process. If they are not clearing the TRV at least they should give the eligibility to Outland to apply for open work permit.
Thanks for the response. Between what is your application status?

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
The reason I asked about what your wife showed ircc is because I think its more important the money to be in the applicant's account....the inviting spouse can be a millionaire in Canada, but if the wife has not sufficient proof of funds (less than 5K) then the reviewing officer might suspect that he/she will decide to remain in Canada with her millionaire spouse.... that's my thinking anyways.
what you think! i did know that i showed 15k in her account alone and rest in our joint account

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Ok, I have heard that the application which is registered before March is considered by the CANADA government.. Sorry not following the forum regularly as it is depressing most of the time. As for my application last thing I have seen in March which says We have started working on your application on March 4rth.. Not sure what is left. What they are doing in the background check. I think Open Work Permit is not valid for Outland application. However, I would like to apply for job if they allow the Spouse to apply for the same when the PR is in the process. If they are not clearing the TRV at least they should give the eligibility to Outland to apply for open work permit.
Thanks for the response. Between what is your application status?
Looking at current activity on the forum looks like they are working on Inland applications and few VO's outside Canada, as few outland applicants received communication from them,

Here is my timeline.

Application Received - December 19, 2019
AOR1 - January 11, 2020
ECAS In Process - January 10, 2020
BR - January 23, 2020
MR - January 24, 2020
SA DM - January 24, 2020
Biometrics Done - January 27, 2020
Medical Done - January 28, 2020
Moved to Mississauga VO: January 30, 2020
PA Status Application Received - February 3, 2020
Medical passed - February 6, 2020

Reactions: babychikay

Ritika13

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Alright ..it is similar as mine.. just mine is sent to Delhi and they have started working on the application on March 4 rth..after that nothing.

Reactions: Delhi321