+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

natedavi422

Jul 24, 2020
Dang, that's crazy. Im sure there is a bit of people. Here in Manitoba though, there's a million people total. Not sure what the hold up is. Scared though, what of they deny me because I haven't got biometrics yet? So stressed out, still praying for us all.
From a recent email: "We want to assure you that you do not have to give your biometrics until you are able to get an appointment. Your application will not be refused or closed if you cannot give your biometrics due to COVID-19 closures."

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I am so happy for you. All last night I had an Application/profile updated but couldn't get on. When I finally did nothing has changed. So I dont know. :/
I had same on Sunday November 15th @ past 1pm, Application/profile updated. But later it went back to "Submitted". Keeping fingers crossed.
I already had given biometrics for my TRV last January, 2019. Medical passed April, 2020. Praying to GOD for a good news soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: natedavi422

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application + OWP Sent Dec 19, 2019
Dec 20, 2019 Application received(OWP received December 13, 2019 according to IRCC)
Feb 17, 2020 AOR
June 4, 2020 Medical Exam Completed
July 31, 2020 OWP Approved
August 14, 2020 Lawyer received OWP
August 17, 2020 Applied for SIN# Online
August 18, 2020 Received OWP in Mail from Lawyer
August 24, 2020 Received SIN# in the mail.
September 28, 2020 Biometrics Requested.
November 10, 2020 Gave Biometrics & Approved.
November 17, 2020 Spouse met requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

Last edited:

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application + OWP Sent Dec 19, 2019
Dec 20, 2019 Application received(OWP received December 13, 2019 according to IRCC)
Feb 17, 2020 AOR
July 31, 2020 OWP Approved
August 14, 2020 Lawyer received OWP
August 17, 2020 Applied for SIN# Online
August 18, 2020 Received OWP in Mail from Lawyer
August 24, 2020 Received SIN# in the mail.
September 28, 2020 Biometrics Requested.
November 10, 2020 Gave Biometrics & Approved.
November 17, 2020 Spouse met requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
What was timeline of your Medical?

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To GGHUMMAN
I completed the exam on June 4, 2020 I am not sure how long it took the IRCC to enter it into the system as they didn't provide the date entered.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
How long is it currently taking the IRCC to finish reviewing my application after my spouse the sponsor was approved of eligibility to sponsor me?

omt26

May 26, 2020
I have been waiting since Sept 18 to get a phone call about setting up a Biometrics appointment. I have called Service Canada a couple of times and they are no help since apparently they don't even have contact info for the group responsible for making these phone calls. Not sure why they are doing this with a phone call and not email, what if I miss the call(s)?? How many times will they try to call again?? I'm getting frustrated as I'm a December 9 applicant and am seeing that they've already called quite a few applicants received after Dec 9.
Hey, so I missed the call from them 3 weeks ago and they haven't called me again since. They called from a no caller ID and didn't leave a callback number, just a message saying "we will call again". Sent Service Canada an enquiry and was told the agents have 2 days to contact you and if no luck you get put at the bottom of the list. So i guess for me based off missing 1 phone call I'm now at the bottom of the list. Anyway all I can say is try your best not to miss the call but not always possible when people work. Very frustrating situation!!

omt26

May 26, 2020
For people in the Vancouver area that have had their biometrics appointment, just curious what Service Canada location you were sent to?

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hi All,

My Ecas status changed to "Decision made" on both Sponsor and Applicant on Nov 17th.. Also in GC key account status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibilty". But my sponsor and myself has not yet received any SA or AIP.

Application received Dec 30th.

Anybody in same boat?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi All,

My Ecas status changed to "Decision made" on both Sponsor and Applicant on Nov 17th.. Also in GC key account status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibilty". But my sponsor and myself has not yet received any SA or AIP.

Anybody in same boat?
Congratulations, maybe you will get SA and AIP later, COPR on the way too.
My application was recieved sam Dec 30th. I had a ghost update past Sunday. I am hoping to join the good news boat.

Reactions: vaishnavgowni

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
Hi All,

Anybody in same boat?
Hello, I also received a message update that your file is transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga and they will make the approval or let me know if i need interview. I want o add here my application was received on Dec 20 2019. I dont know if it happened to someone else as well. Please let me know because now i am nervous. :)

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello, I also received a message update that your file is transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga and they will make the approval or let me know if i need interview. I want o add here my application was received on Dec 20 2019. I dont know if it happened to someone else as well. Please let me know because now i am nervous. :)
File transfer to Etobicoke usually means longer processing times unfortunately. But hopefully that’s not the case for you. There is a few threads for ppl who have had their file transferred there. Maybe try looking through those threads for more info. When was your file transferred and did they request additional documents before the transfer? Did you get SA?

nitindelhi04

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Received 2 letters for Spouse and Sponsor . And checked Ecas services online.
Sponsorship Application Status: Decision made
Permanent Residence Application Status- Medical results have been received.

GGHUMMAN

Nov 17, 2020
File transfer to Etobicoke usually means longer processing times unfortunately. But hopefully that’s not the case for you. There is a few threads for ppl who have had their file transferred there. Maybe try looking through those threads for more info. When was your file transferred and did they request additional documents before the transfer? Did you get SA?
No did not get SA and yes i saw some other threads which got transferred to Etobicoke. I dont know what to expect anymore. :(