+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

omt26

May 26, 2020
Any idea why they've jumped ahead to Dec 17 applicants when there's still people from Dec 10 waiting? I thought they processed them according to the date it's received?

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Any idea why they've jumped ahead to Dec 17 applicants when there are still people from Dec 10 waiting? I thought they processed them according to the date it's received?
Yeah, this is weird they just skip over files and move to the files received on 17th Dec. My file was received on 5th Dec and I am still waiting for a decision.

gkeenan92

Jun 11, 2020
Hey, I’m actually from the January inland application group. I follow this months forum as a timeline indicator for myself. I see somebody from the January group has been approved for OWP, while most applicants here from dec 9th with the exception of one other are still waiting. Is this an unusual/common situation where an applicant (having applied a month later than others) have received their OWP ahead of other? Or just pot luck?

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Hey, I’m actually from the January inland application group. I follow this months forum as a timeline indicator for myself. I see somebody from the January group has been approved for OWP, while most applicants here from dec 9th with the exception of one other are still waiting. Is this an unusual/common situation where an applicant (having applied a month later than others) have received their OWP ahead of other? Or just pot luck?
This is quite common. When I applied for my PR on 14th Dec 2018 they approved my PR in Sept 2019 and there were a lot of folks after me who got it before me. So this entire system is super unpredictable and no one knows what file they will pick and approve.

Queennie

Jun 12, 2020
Hi guys, I sent my spouse application in Dec 2019, for Pr and OWR, He just got an email that this temporary resident permit is approved. I am confused, does this permit allow him to work full time? Is it the same as OWP?

JonandAshley

Oct 29, 2019
Hi guys, I sent my spouse application in Dec 2019, for Pr and OWR, He just got an email that this temporary resident permit is approved. I am confused, does this permit allow him to work full time? Is it the same as OWP?
It sounds like is OWP has been approved.
What date was your application received in Dec?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
@Queennie sounds like your OWP has been approved, that's if you did not apply for temporary stay extension after your PR +OWP applications.

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hey, did you check your CIC online account you should have received correspondence letter saying your OWP is approved with expiry date.

Did you apply for visitor visa extension?