+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
Hi , i hope everyone is safe in those uncertain covid days.
does anyone knows what will happen to our applications? it has been over 2 months now and my application is received only. i know the website said to expect delays but how long this delays are going to be? anyone getting news/notifications during this pandemic?
trying to be optimistic and see if we will do any progress, i hope we have vaccine soon and end this nightmare of virus.
Hey, They are back to work. But they said that it will be delayed coz of Covid 19.At least they are back.

JCMTL

May 19, 2020
I sent the application in Dec, received in the mail for some corrections in Feb and sent it back.
I haven't even received an AOR....
Is that normal....? I'm in Montreal.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I sent the application in Dec, received in the mail for some corrections in Feb and sent it back.
I haven't even received an AOR....
Is that normal....? I'm in Montreal.
Typically, AORs are sent within 2 months. However, owing to this COVID-19 disaster, things are, obviously, expected to take longer than normal.

Carson_99

Dec 17, 2019
Hi , i hope everyone is safe in those uncertain covid days.
does anyone knows what will happen to our applications? it has been over 2 months now and my application is received only. i know the website said to expect delays but how long this delays are going to be? anyone getting news/notifications during this pandemic?
trying to be optimistic and see if we will do any progress, i hope we have vaccine soon and end this nightmare of virus.
I'm in the same boat, sent in my application for Proof of Citizenship, haven't heard anything since they notified me that my application was "Received" in early March... my guess is immigration is most likely delayed due to Covid... I sent in an enquiry about it anyways.

Godliness

May 23, 2020
Hi every one, hope you are keeping safe. I am wondering if CIC has resumed. Their site still says all citizenship ceremonies cancelled.

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Nothing will be resumed for a long time, because covidiots are going on picnics in the parks
Outrageous! We all need to be locked down for at least another full year until this horrible virus is gone. Anyone who disagrees is a danger to public safety.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
A quick question for all the pros here, my PR is officially expiring on 18 June next month, when I applied in December I was hoping that I would become citizen before June but due to COVID it is getting delayed, I don't have any plans to leave Canada for any work or leisure trip, my question is should I be worried that my PR card is expiring? Should I apply for an extension and even if I do will it even work because CIC it seems is not working at all and they are the ones who will process the PR extension request

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick question for all the pros here, my PR is officially expiring on 18 June next month, when I applied in December I was hoping that I would become citizen before June but due to COVID it is getting delayed, I don't have any plans to leave Canada for any work or leisure trip, my question is should I be worried that my PR card is expiring? Should I apply for an extension and even if I do will it even work because CIC it seems is not working at all and they are the ones who will process the PR extension request
Your PR status won't expire. Only the PR card would expire. If you are not leaving Canada, you don't have to renew it.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone. I got an FP request on March 13 and got them done within next few days. The results were mailed by RCMP to CIC on March 27. There has been no change in the application status since then. Should I contact them online through the web form to confirm if they received my results?

Here are my application details:
Family status - My wife and I
Location - Toronto
Physical presence - 1152 days
Application sent - Dec 6, 2019
Application received by IRCC - Dec 11, 2019
AOR - Feb 18, 2020
In processing - Feb 27, 2020
Fingerprint request - Mar 13, 2020
Fingerprint results sent by RCMP to CIC - March 27

Thanks.