+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Hi everyone. I got an FP request on March 13 and got them done within next few days. The results were mailed by RCMP to CIC on March 27. There has been no change in the application status since then. Should I contact them online through the web form to confirm if they received my results?

Here are my application details:
Family status - My wife and I
Location - Toronto
Physical presence - 1152 days
Application sent - Dec 6, 2019
Application received by IRCC - Dec 11, 2019
AOR - Feb 18, 2020
In processing - Feb 27, 2020
Fingerprint request - Mar 13, 2020
Fingerprint results sent by RCMP to CIC - March 27

Thanks.
how do you see the status ? i login to my status online portal and i only see recieved. did you link your account ? or called them for such detail?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
how do you see the status ? i login to my status online portal and i only see recieved. did you link your account ? or called them for such detail?
Step1 - Go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Step2 - Select "I have read, understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions."
Step3 - Click Continue
Step4 - Enter/Select the following information:
  • Identification Type
  • Identification Number
  • Surname/Family Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Place of Birth
Step5 - Then click Continue
Step6 - Click the link under the Citizenship Application Status. (The application's current status will be displayed here and it needs to be clicked to see all the stages the application has gone through till now)
Depending on the status/process done on your application you will see messages like below:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on AAAAA. Receipt of your application
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on BBBBB. Formal Acknowledgement of the application receipt also known as AOR
3. We started processing your application on CCCCC. Beginning of the processing (IP)
4. We sent you a notice on DDDDD to appear and write the citizenship test on EEEEE at HH:MM AM/PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. Test invite update.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
What documents are required for writing the test and oath ? Is the passport mentioned in the citizenship application required to be "active" ? My passport is about the expire. I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and renew my passport. Apparently it is taking quite long for passport renewal. Thanks.

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
What documents are required for writing the test and oath ? Is the passport mentioned in the citizenship application required to be "active" ? My passport is about the expire. I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and renew my passport. Apparently it is taking quite long for passport renewal. Thanks.
I heard they require 2 pieces of ID during the oath ceremony. They will ask also to destroy your PR online.

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Thank you s23srinivas for posting the link. I accessed my online application and just discovered that my application was received and in process from March 4, 2020.

It seems that the mailing address on my profile was still the old one for my representative in the immigration process. I updated the mailing address so they can contact me in future.

My application details:
family size : 4
application sent : December 5, 2019
application received : December 11, 2019
AOR : February 18, 2020
In Process: March 4, 2020

ralfana

Jul 21, 2017
Hi everyone. I got an FP request on March 13 and got them done within next few days. The results were mailed by RCMP to CIC on March 27. There has been no change in the application status since then. Should I contact them online through the web form to confirm if they received my results?

Here are my application details:
Location - Toronto
Physical presence - 1152 days
Application received by IRCC - Dec 11, 2019
AOR - Feb 18, 2020
In processing - Feb 27, 2020
Fingerprint request - Mar 13, 2020
Fingerprint results sent by RCMP to CIC - March 27

Thanks.

Hey @Abhishek901 - How do you know when your FP results were mailed by RCMP? I have done my through an approved institution called Commissionaires of BC (British Columbia).

Below is my timeline:
Location - Vancouver
Physical presence - 1140 days
Application received by IRCC - Dec 10, 2019
AOR - Feb 28, 2020
In processing - Mar 11, 2020
Fingerprint request - Mar 12, 2020
Fingerprint taken by approved institution: Mar 13,2020
Fingerprint results sent by RCMP to CIC - ???

Should I fill out the web form to confirm they received my FP results?

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
I have a question,

on my timeline it does not have the line of "Fingerprint request". The last line is "In Processing". Does this mean they did not ask for FP or they could sent it by email and I did not get it?

Thank you :)

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I have a question,

on my timeline it does not have the line of "Fingerprint request". The last line is "In Processing". Does this mean they did not ask for FP or they could sent it by email and I did not get it?

Thank you :)
Your case went into the in process status just before covid-19 hit.

So it is highly likely they have not asked for a finger print yet. IRCC sends a followup/reminder mail/ecas update if they do not get any reply for their request from the applicant.

Also, not everyone is asked for a FP. So don't worry.

Wait and hope the processing gets faster.

All the best.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hey @Abhishek901 - How do you know when your FP results were mailed by RCMP? I have done my through an approved institution called Commissionaires of BC (British Columbia).

Below is my timeline:
Location - Vancouver
Physical presence - 1140 days
Application received by IRCC - Dec 10, 2019
AOR - Feb 28, 2020
In processing - Mar 11, 2020
Fingerprint request - Mar 12, 2020
Fingerprint taken by approved institution: Mar 13,2020
Fingerprint results sent by RCMP to CIC - ???

Should I fill out the web form to confirm they received my FP results?
I emailed RCMP to check and they replied back. This is the email - CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Share your name and DCN number (or whatever identification number you received after fingerprints were taken) in your email.

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
Hi there,

Can someone add me to the spreadsheet please

Family size: Single
Physical Presence: 1130
App. Sent: December 1
App. Delivered: December 2
AOR: Feb 13
In Process: Feb 21

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Guys i dont know if i am the only one feeling this here , but with covid19 situation, stress at work, family, delays on job interviews, delays in the cashier if at any store due to sanitation , delays on application.. etc etc ..

it is overwhelming and I am finding myself loosing patience with everything happening at once, I don't know for how long this situation is going to last, some would say this is the new normal and for a while.

some positive news would really make my day, if anyone heared anything about the process please share, I hope IRCC start processing soon , at least this would relief some of the stress we are feeling those days.

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Guys i dont know if i am the only one feeling this here , but with covid19 situation, stress at work, family, delays on job interviews, delays in the cashier if at any store due to sanitation , delays on application.. etc etc ..

it is overwhelming and I am finding myself loosing patience with everything happening at once, I don't know for how long this situation is going to last, some would say this is the new normal and for a while.

some positive news would really make my day, if anyone heared anything about the process please share, I hope IRCC start processing soon , at least this would relief some of the stress we are feeling those days.
Hey,
I don't know if it will helpbut still I'm gonna say
you are not the only one feeling like this. I totally understand with all the stress and anxiety. I feel the same maybe more sometimes. I sent my file in Feb 2019, In process since June,2019. Im still waiting for the test.Called them before pandemic lock down. I think on 26 February, 2020. Call center lady told me since its just 6 days over the 12 months period. She said I should be patient about it since she saw in the system someone was recently working on my file. Until today no news. I have never been so stressed. All we can do is wait and I know you already know this. Hang in there. I'm hoping they will start calling people for tests while following social distancing. I hope and pray. One good news I would say is getting coverage from some news channel(websites). Things might start to move again a little.

Reactions: ott-613