+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
I just want to see my AOR and feel happy that something is going on with my application. I am one of those unfortunate December applicants who is still waiting for an AOR :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: melito

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We really have to wait and be patient
Since people are back in the office, i am not able to understand the reason of not sending AOR... Atleast AOR would give some assurance

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
What happens if you wait 1 year for AOR and then they return your app for a missed checkbox?? This way an application will take 3 years.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Not all provinces are back to work in the same speed, the AoR are sent from Nova Scotia, then officers will forward the file to your nearest city office for processing.

i think we are a bit unfortunate with the pandamic situation but imagine.. the entire world is impacted too. And it is very depressing , i know how it feel as we all in the same boat . we can do nothing but wait and be optimistic.

in 2019 alot of people applied for citizenship got everything done in 6 months including ceremonies. Lets hope things get better now in next new months.

Reactions: smallpotato

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Not all provinces are back to work in the same speed, the AoR are sent from Nova Scotia, then officers will forward the file to your nearest city office for processing.

i think we are a bit unfortunate with the pandamic situation but imagine.. the entire world is impacted too. And it is very depressing , i know how it feel as we all in the same boat . we can do nothing but wait and be optimistic.

in 2019 alot of people applied for citizenship got everything done in 6 months including ceremonies. Lets hope things get better now in next new months.
Not an excuse. Our taxes pay their salaries. I work from home, if I slow down my output, I get fired. Other countries with much higher cases have resumed immigration processing. This culture of low expectations has to stop.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Not an excuse. Our taxes pay their salaries. I work from home, if I slow down my output, I get fired. Other countries with much higher cases have resumed immigration processing. This culture of low expectations has to stop.
Well ... you realize that every none in this forum can do anything about the slow down in the process.. right?

So its not cultur of low expectations,,, actually its feeling empathy for people who might be passing through difficult times .. we dont know what is happening... officers are humans too and might have families and kids at home to teach , they have to also work and meet deadlines at the same time ... exactly like us.. who have to manage work and family in tight situations ..

Empathy is one of the values that everyone should have.

Reactions: smallpotato

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well ... you realize that every none in this forum can do anything about the slow down in the process.. right?

So its not cultur of low expectations,,, actually its feeling empathy for people who might be passing through difficult times .. we dont know what is happening... officers are humans too and might have families and kids at home to teach , they have to also work and meet deadlines at the same time ... exactly like us.. who have to manage work and family in tight situations ..

Empathy is one of the values that everyone should have.
Sydnes NS is covid free for some days now and overall there are only 2 active cases with no new case reported in past 8 days... Situation in nova-scotia is not like Ontario and Québec that's why I wonder why aren't AOR being issued..

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Anyone with a pending app can contact IRCC, order GCMS notes, contact MP. Plenty can be done.
Not everyone shares your passive and fatalistic attitude.

jad_122

Dec 19, 2019
Anyone with a pending app can contact IRCC, order GCMS notes, contact MP. Plenty can be done.
Not everyone shares your passive and fatalistic attitude.
Well GCMS could take up to 3 months to get some info because of Corona.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
What happens if you wait 1 year for AOR and then they return your app for a missed checkbox?? This way an application will take 3 years.
This is exactly my worry too. My application was returned once and sent the application package again just before this pandemic. So I have been waiting for my AOR with no guarantee of not getting my application returned again. This is kind of making me worried as I don't want to wait another 6 months to get my application returned.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
I still wonder what could have been the situation of Citizenship applications if the elections were happening this year :) No pandemic would've slowed the application processing timelines down.

Reactions: rubz9911

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is exactly my worry too. My application was returned once and sent the application package again just before this pandemic. So I have been waiting for my AOR with no guarantee of not getting my application returned again. This is kind of making me worried as I don't want to wait another 6 months to get my application returned.
Did you miss to check on one of the boxes?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Did you miss to check on one of the boxes?
Second identification document for my kid was missing. So I had to request school for a complete school record to add it as my Kid's secondary identification document.