+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

allawi

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Did anyone get any updates since March 9th or so? I know oath ceremonies and tests are cancelled for now but it seems like they have completely stopped working on citizenship applications.

Reactions: Tess90

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get any updates since March 9th or so? I know oath ceremonies and tests are cancelled for now but it seems like they have completely stopped working on citizenship applications.
March 13 was the last day of any updates from IRCC. The day they canceled the ceremonies.

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
This is from their website. Looks like they are shifting focus to help with the Covid 19 situation...

Domestic IRCC operations are reduced to critical services. We have cancelled all citizenship ceremonies, tests and retests, as well as all in-person permanent resident landing appointments and refugee claimant appointments. We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone. Clients will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointment.

We are also suspending non-essential settlement services and biometrics collection services at 58 Service Canada locations.

Floreena

Jun 21, 2016
Is it everyone that they request the fingerprint from? I’ve heard some people say after AOR the next request they got was to write the citizenship exam...does anyone know the reason why some people get fingerprint request and some don’t??

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
maybe some provinces have working officers, and others not when covid-19 was new , now i imagion IRCC stop processing anything in all country level. lets hope everyone stay safe , and this crisis finish soon to get to our normals.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Is it everyone that they request the fingerprint from? I’ve heard some people say after AOR the next request they got was to write the citizenship exam...does anyone know the reason why some people get fingerprint request and some don’t??
There might be a number of different reason for FP requests; in a nutshell, though, it mostly seems related to instances when IRCC is unable to uniquely identify an individual for any given reason. A couple whom I've been friends with for a long time had FP request for the husband but not for the wife, because apparently his name is very long and might not be correctly registered in a number of databases. In general, though, getting a FP request should be nothing to worry about.

Oh, and lastly (in case it wasn't too evident in what I said above), it's most definitely not requested of everyone to provide their FPs.

Reactions: Floreena and Tess90

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
There might be a number of different reason for FP requests; in a nutshell, though, it mostly seems related to instances when IRCC is unable to uniquely identify an individual for any given reason. A couple whom I've been friends with for a long time had FP request for the husband but not for the wife, because apparently his name is very long and might not be correctly registered in a number of databases. In general, though, getting a FP request should be nothing to worry about.

Oh, and lastly (in case it wasn't too evident in what I said above), it's most definitely not requested of everyone to provide their FPs.
Ya, also if your name is very common then you are more likely to get an FP request

Reactions: Floreena

twilly

Mar 9, 2020
hi everyone. Im wondering, do i need to renew my pr card? :eek:o_OMy pr card expired and as well as my passport as I was not planning to travel. My papers were already in process.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone. Im wondering, do i need to renew my pr card? :eek:o_OMy pr card expired and as well as my passport as I was not planning to travel. My papers were already in process.
No you don’t need to renew neither unless you need to leave the country. PR status doesn’t expire.

Reactions: Tess90

Yulduz

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi members!
I checked my ecas today it says we send you discover Canada book on feb 14. But I didn’t receive anything in mail. Anyone else had experienced such thing. If yes what should I do? Please guide.
Thanks

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi members!
I checked my ecas today it says we send you discover Canada book on feb 14. But I didn’t receive anything in mail. Anyone else had experienced such thing. If yes what should I do? Please guide.
Thanks
They only send you an electronic copy via email. You can order a physical copy online yourself.

dspa1

May 25, 2019
Toronto
Name: dspa1
Family size: Family (1)
Physical Presence: 1466
App. Sent: December 23
App. Delivered: December 30
AOR: February 26, 2020
ECAS Status: Application Received; February 27, 2020
ECAS Status: In Process; March 10, 2020

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
How many offices does IRCC have in GTA region ? I know that there is an office in Toronto and Mississauga. Does
the application go to the nearest office from the applicant's address for processing. Thanks.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Hi , i hope everyone is safe in those uncertain covid days.
does anyone knows what will happen to our applications? it has been over 2 months now and my application is received only. i know the website said to expect delays but how long this delays are going to be? anyone getting news/notifications during this pandemic?
trying to be optimistic and see if we will do any progress, i hope we have vaccine soon and end this nightmare of virus.