+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Hello guys, just thought of providing an update. Even though the last "update date" isn't showing anymore, I guess IRCC is truly finalizing applications received during the first week of December 2019. I had all my statuses turning to Completed. I also checked the ecas and it shows that a Decision is made. Hope you're getting some good news at your side as well. Cheers!
That's great news and thanks for that update, it gives me some hope that my application will be finalized before the end of the year :rolleyes:

Reactions: yoguibrown

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Has anyone else received their oath ceremony invitation? Whose application was submitted to CIC on December 30th, 2019?

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Has anyone else received their oath ceremony invitation? Whose application was submitted to CIC on December 30th, 2019?
Hi,

I am Nov 2019 (family application). Same boat. No updates. Only Background check and citizenship test complete.

shakeelkhan

Oct 17, 2017
I m December 2019 Applicant and in my case only the the knowledge test,language activity and Physical presence are completed right after the next day my citizenship ship test on July 28 ,2021 while the background verification and prohibitions are still in progress.I went to my local MP office and his office called the IRCC regarding the current status of my application and he was told by the ircc that in my case the criminality is passed and security check has been in progress since February 3,so my question is that how much time does the security check take to complete in the citizenship application if someone in this fourm has gone through the same experience as I have please share it and I have another question if I have hire the services of lawyer to ask about the delay in completion of back ground verification and prohibitions from the IRCC will it help me to expedite the process of my application so advise me should I go for this option thanks

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
I m December 2019 Applicant and in my case only the the knowledge test,language activity and Physical presence are completed right after the next day my citizenship ship test on July 28 ,2021 while the background verification and prohibitions are still in progress.I went to my local MP office and his office called the IRCC regarding the current status of my application and he was told by the ircc that in my case the criminality is passed and security check has been in progress since February 3,so my question is that how much time does the security check take to complete in the citizenship application if someone in this fourm has gone through the same experience as I have please share it and I have another question if I have hire the services of lawyer to ask about the delay in completion of back ground verification and prohibitions from the IRCC will it help me to expedite the process of my application so advise me should I go for this option thanks
Nobody here can tell you how long it will take. Even IRCC itself will just give you some vague answer, such as "each case is different".

A lawyer just asking will not be of much help. A lawyer filing for a writ of mandamus might get their attention, but note that they can now point to their announced 27 months for typical processing. So there would have to be an argument that the processing so far has taken substantially longer than that.

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Nobody here can tell you how long it will take. Even IRCC itself will just give you some vague answer, such as "each case is different".

A lawyer just asking will not be of much help. A lawyer filing for a writ of mandamus might get their attention, but note that they can now point to their announced 27 months for typical processing. So there would have to be an argument that the processing so far has taken substantially longer than that.
still your application will be beyond the 27 months timeline considering that you applied in dec 2019 :/

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Hello Gentlemen,

I got an oath invite for May 27th. I am a December 2019 applicant. Apologies for the silly question, but can I attend the ceremony virtually from a province other than the one I have my file at (I will be in Toronto on the oath date and my application is in Montreal)?

Sharing my Timeline below:
Application received on Dec 09, 2019;
Test done: July 30, 2021;
Everything turned "Completed" in the tracker except for Oath on April 11, 2022;
Scheduled for Oath ceremony in the tracker, awaiting instruction email.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes