+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, my online tracker shows the oath ceremony scheduled for April 1st but I did not receive an email yet. When I submitted the form online last week, I just got a generic reply. I cannot reach them by phone because they do not pick up for citizenship calls. Is this normal, not to receive the email yet? how can I contact them?
If you don't receive it a week before, call them.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Hey guys, have you noticed that the "Last Update date" on the Status tracker has been removed starting with December 1, 2019 received applications?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
It was kind of providing comfort to us that they're getting close to our applications.
Yeah, I had noticed that much as well and even commented on it with some friends. Seems like IRCC is following the path to provide the least amount of information possible. Lovely.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
It is frustrating. Almost there and then they decided to remove the date . I cant get hold of the phone . Line is so busy and defaulted to : we are receiving high volume of calls, we know it’s important to you. you can check status online ! Tada … bye …

Reactions: yoguibrown

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
Maybe they removed it because people using it as ( why you processing 2019 November applications and we waiting since January 2018)
Most likely that's why. I was preparing myself to bombard them with many phone calls and webform messages asking about my application starting December 10th (they received my application on December 09, 2019). Now I don't have a reference to use in my argument.

Reactions: ott-613

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Most likely that's why. I was preparing myself to bombard them with many phone calls and webform messages asking about my application starting December 10th (they received my application on December 09, 2019). Now I don't have a reference to use in my argument.
I would assume lots of people were indeed following that path, but in my case I can say I'm much more upset with the fact that a number of my friends who applied in 2020 or even 2021 have already taken their oath. This is outrageous.

yoguibrown

Jul 7, 2013
I would assume lots of people were indeed following that path, but in my case I can say I'm much more upset with the fact that a number of my friends who applied in 2020 or even 2021 have already taken their oath. This is outrageous.
Hello guys, just thought of providing an update. Even though the last "update date" isn't showing anymore, I guess IRCC is truly finalizing applications received during the first week of December 2019. I had all my statuses turning to Completed. I also checked the ecas and it shows that a Decision is made. Hope you're getting some good news at your side as well. Cheers!