+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 - Citizenship Application

emadeen

Aug 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have got my Oath date which is March 28, 2022
Now I am outside Canada and plan to travel to take the Oath and have to come back home in one week,
SO,
what do I have to do ?
and how many days to have my certificate and apply for a Canadian passport?
is it possible for my roommate to mail me the certificate and apply for the passport abroad?
thank you guys in advance for your help.

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
You can request for urgent processing to send certificate and get in 3 days and then apply for emergency passport process that takes min 2 days

emadeen

Aug 15, 2017
You can request for urgent processing to send certificate and get in 3 days and then apply for emergency passport process that takes min 2 days
thank you very much for your reply.
did you try it or know someone did?
so much appreciated

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
I am going to try it for passport . Certificate I never told urgent processing so still waiting for cerificate finished my oath on feb 22. It’s better to tell during oath ceremony to clerk that you need urgently . Some people got in 3 days by requested it

Reactions: emadeen

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
We had our oath today in a bilingual ceremony which lasted two hours. We were told we could pick up our certificates on Friday or wait for them to be mailed out on Monday. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: CaBeaver

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi All,
is there anyone with same timeline as me?
  • Jul 13, 2021: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Jul 2, 2021: Citizenship test scheduled
  • Jun 22, 2021: Citizenship test status has been updated to in progress
  • Jan 20, 2021: Background verification status has been updated to Completed
  • Mar 9, 2020: We have received your application and have begun to process your application.
  • File sent to CIC in December 2019
I have not heard back from CIC after my citizenship test since July 2021. Did anyone with same timeline get their OATH invitation?

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi All,
  • Mar 9, 2020: We have received your application and have begun to process your application.
I have not heard back from CIC after my citizenship test since July 2021. Did anyone with same timeline get their OATH invitation?
We just had our oath yesterday and our test was completed May 13, 2021. There were some issues with misplaced documents with our file between agents working from home vs office.

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
Hi All,
I have pretty much the same timeline as yourself (completed my test June 29th, status updated to Complete on July 12th), except I got a passport pages request back in September (which was repeated in November, and then finally receipt of the pages was acknowledged). Still waiting to hear back from them towards next steps.

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
I have pretty much the same timeline as yourself (completed my test June 29th, status updated to Complete on July 12th), except I got a passport pages request back in September (which was repeated in November, and then finally receipt of the pages was acknowledged). Still waiting to hear back from them towards next steps.
ok they sent me passport page request along with test which I guess I didn't realize at that time and just focused on test. I thought I had already sent my passport pages with my application. So they do request it again just incase if its not there.

GryphonCA

Mar 10, 2020
Ottawa
Category........
Other
ok they sent me passport page request along with test which I guess I didn't realize at that time and just focused on test. I thought I had already sent my passport pages with my application. So they do request it again just incase if its not there.
They requested all my passport pages with stamps not in English or French translated. This is not necessarily requested of everyone, though.

gngn

Mar 22, 2022
Hi, my online tracker shows the oath ceremony scheduled for April 1st but I did not receive an email yet. When I submitted the form online last week, I just got a generic reply. I cannot reach them by phone because they do not pick up for citizenship calls. Is this normal, not to receive the email yet? how can I contact them?