FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Does anyone know how long it takes federal government to send ATIP notes? I applied in July and no update since then.
Same...

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
After more than 1 year, my application went back from In Progress to Decision Made. I recently received a phone call from IRCC to ask me to verify some stuffs and at the end the agent said she will approve of my application and that I will receive my oath ceremony "shortly". No clue how long that "shortly" is. What an absolutely crazy ride. It's been 33 months since I applied. Every time I called IRCC, they kept telling me my file is "being worked on." On August 1st, 2022, I called IRCC again to ask for an update since it was way past the processing time of 27 months. Luckily the agent there said that he will look into my file. It turned out my file was part of a pilot program to streamline processing time for citizenship, however, my file then fell through the cracks TWICE and the decision to cancel my oath back in 2021 was because the agent approved my file too quickly. My file was transferred from MTL to Sydney and back to MTL with no movements. Due to the early approval, there must have been some automated process that led to the premature scheduling of my oath ceremony. The funny thing is that had it not been for the GCMS notes and the helpful agent who told me about what happened, I would have never known that my file was being handled in such a messy way. The March 14th, 2022 update was because my BG needs to be re-verified (probably expired security clearance after 1 year). The agent on the phone who told me about this apologized and helped escalate my file to the MTL office and 1 month later I received the phone call that led to the Decision Made status. Here's to hoping I won't have to wait for at least another 4 months before my oath ceremony again.

Name: hola1997
Family size: Single
Physical Presence: 1267
App. Sent: December 2, 2019
App. Delivered: December 5, 2019
Signed by: Adam M
AOR: Feb 14, 2020
IP: Feb 27, 2020
Test Invite: Jan 19, 2021
Test Period: Jan 22 - Feb 11, 2021
Test Completed: Jan 22, 2021 (20/20)
Decision Made: Feb 4th, 2021
Oath Invite: Feb 19th, 2021
Oath Date: Feb 23rd, 2021
Oath Cancelled: Feb 22nd, 2021 (agent left a voicemail saying my Oath was canceled due to "extra verifications")
eCAS went back from Decision Made to In Progress: Jun 2021
Ghost update on the new portal on March 14th, 2022.
Decision Made: Sept 10th, 2022

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: trumprefugee

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
After more than 1 year, my application went back from In Progress to Decision Made. I recently received a phone call from IRCC to ask me to verify some stuffs and at the end the agent said she will approve of my application and that I will receive my oath ceremony "shortly". No clue how long that "shortly" is. What an absolutely crazy ride. It's been 33 months since I applied. Every time I called IRCC, they kept telling me my file is "being worked on." On August 1st, 2022, I called IRCC again to ask for an update since it was way past the processing time of 27 months. Luckily the agent there said that he will look into my file. It turned out my file was part of a pilot program to streamline processing time for citizenship, however, my file then fell through the cracks TWICE and the decision to cancel my oath back in 2021 was because the agent approved my file too quickly. My file was transferred from MTL to Sydney and back to MTL with no movements. Due to the early approval, there must have been some automated process that led to the premature scheduling of my oath ceremony. The funny thing is that had it not been for the GCMS notes and the helpful agent who told me about what happened, I would have never known that my file was being handled in such a messy way. The March 14th, 2022 update was because my BG needs to be re-verified (probably expired security clearance after 1 year). The agent on the phone who told me about this apologized and helped escalate my file to the MTL office and 1 month later I received the phone call that led to the Decision Made status. Here's to hoping I won't have to wait for at least another 4 months before my oath ceremony again.

Oath Cancelled: Feb 22nd, 2021 (agent left a voicemail saying my Oath was canceled due to "extra verifications")
Hi I am in the same boat I sent my file in December 2019 got AOR april 2020 and then test july 2021 but my file was never touched from July 2021 to Aug 2022. Recently they updated on Aug 12 and decision was made but no Oath request until now.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Hi I am in the same boat I sent my file in December 2019 got AOR april 2020 and then test july 2021 but my file was never touched from July 2021 to Aug 2022. Recently they updated on Aug 12 and decision was made but no Oath request until now.
Depending on your office processing office I guess, but technically, they have 4 months to schedule you an oath date (though I wouldn't count on that too much because I can see people having oaths 8-9 months after DM). I would take a call to IRCC and ask if they can give an estimate or send a message to your processing office since you've been waiting for more than 27 months now

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Finally an update today with my oath ceremony scheduled! My advice to those waiting for more than 27 months is to keep calling IRCC and tell the agent to escalate your case to the processing office if that hasn't been done. If there is no movement after 1 month, keep trying again and see if your processing office is at least "acknowledging" the escalation from the phone service.

Oath Scheduled: Sept 21st, 2022

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Finally an update today with my oath ceremony scheduled! My advice to those waiting for more than 27 months is to keep calling IRCC and tell the agent to escalate your case to the processing office if that hasn't been done. If there is no movement after 1 month, keep trying again and see if your processing office is at least "acknowledging" the escalation from the phone service.

Oath Scheduled: Sept 21st, 2022
congratulations to you that was quite fast!! hope I get mine soon too.

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi all I just got this update in the CAS but I didnt get any email invite or mail invite. Does anyone know what to do in such case how to confirm the invite?

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2022.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Hi all I just got this update in the CAS but I didnt get any email invite or mail invite. Does anyone know what to do in such case how to confirm the invite?

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 4, 2022.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.
The oath notice should come at the latest 7-10 days before your oath ceremony. In some cases, applicants have received their oath notice the day before the ceremony. If you want to be safe, I'd contact IRCC webform or call IRCC to relay the message to the processing office if you haven't receive the notice at least 1.5-2 weeks before your oath date.

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
The oath notice should come at the latest 7-10 days before your oath ceremony. In some cases, applicants have received their oath notice the day before the ceremony. If you want to be safe, I'd contact IRCC webform or call IRCC to relay the message to the processing office if you haven't receive the notice at least 1.5-2 weeks before your oath date.
ok thank you for sharing!!

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi all so I received my oath invite email but there is no instruction how to confirm the invite that I will be there to attend. Do I even need to confirm it or just be there for it?
I am confused because the tracker said waiting for you to confirm the oath invite.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Hi all so I received my oath invite email but there is no instruction how to confirm the invite that I will be there to attend. Do I even need to confirm it or just be there for it?
I am confused because the tracker said waiting for you to confirm the oath invite.
Some might get a call to confirm your presence for the oath. I will just follow the pdf that was sent to you and if you are worried, you can always call IRCC. I didn't get any call and I am in the ceremony right now. My tracker used to say "Waiting on You to attend". Right now the status is In Progress.

swat_25s

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Ok so
Some might get a call to confirm your presence for the oath. I will just follow the pdf that was sent to you and if you are worried, you can always call IRCC. I didn't get any call and I am in the ceremony right now. My tracker used to say "Waiting on You to attend". Right now the status is In Progress.
oh ok so you didn't do anything to confirm but just showed up on the date and time as per pdf right? how did the oath go? how long was it? congratulations on becoming an official Canadian citizen.

Last edited:

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello @swat_25s , did you get your oath date yet? And which office are you

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello @swat_25s , did you contact them regarding the oath or they sent you an email automatically to schedule your oath?