+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
It turns out that IRCC requires me to do extra TB screening since there is something with my X-ray images. AFAIK, the extra screening might take at least about other 2 months (in case that I will be diagnosed negative with TB).

So, is this TB test only for the EE application process or it also puts a hold on my SDS application as well, Mr. @legalfalcon ??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It turns out that IRCC requires me to do extra TB screening since there is something with my X-ray images. AFAIK, the extra screening might take at least about other 2 months (in case that I will be diagnosed negative with TB).

So, is this TB test only for the EE application process or it also puts a hold on my SDS application as well, Mr. @legalfalcon ??
If you have a TRV in process, which requires a medical, that too may be impacted as you have to be medically admissible to receive a PR and/or TRV.

Reactions: haihttran

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Dear friends,
In just over a month 2 years since my medicals have been conducted will pass. I presume that my medicals were extended last year for a period of 1 year (my country is in that group), but do they extend medicals two times? I am not sure if should redo them, or wait for their request. Even if they approve my application, I won't have enough time to land in less than a month.

I haven't done new medicals before because I thought they will not let us in Canada this year, but recent posts made me believe that it will happen, soon.

@legalfalcon and the rest of you guys, I would appreciate your advice on this matter.

Reactions: Alicia Belle

Med1989

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi all came here after a long time to share Good News!!!
Got PPR on 12th of October...
I am PNP Outland , COR India.
This is fresh PPR ...
I got re-meds request on 9th of Feb 2021
Did medicals on 22nd march and passed medicals on 30th of march 2021
Raised number of webforms but received same anwer every time and my application was not moving it was stuck wtih criminality met , eligibility passed and security not started since nov 2020.
So decided not to raise any webform after july.
Thank u all fellas for taking time to clear my doubts... and i feel that they have started to clear backlog so everyone waiting will receive ppr in coming weeks.
Congratulations!
Has your status changed to decision made when you received the PPR or after you submitted you passport?
Thank you

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys,
Just to repeat my question from the previous page, does IRCC extend medicals two times, or just once?

@legalfalcon and the rest of you fellows, I would sincerely appreciate your answer.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Hi guys,
Just to repeat my question from the previous page, does IRCC extend medicals two times, or just once?

@legalfalcon and the rest of you fellows, I would sincerely appreciate your answer.
It is possible.
They extended mine twice.
August 2020 and September 2021.
In fact they approve my application the day after they extend my second medical.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys,

See #13,190

There is nothing that prohibits IRCC from extending medicals more than once. However, it will depend on your assessment, whether it was M1 or not, your country of origin and the discretion of the visa officer and the health branch.

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Great, so now I can make prediction. If I am about to receive golden mail (whatever it's called) it should happen just before Christmas or in January.

This is based on the fact that I have gone through the medical exam on December 17th 2019. Let's see :)

SlyDigits

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2019
Got "Ready for Visa" email today. My details for those who are interested:
  • OINP - Tech Draw selection: July 12th
  • OINP Application approved: August 24th
  • Country of Residence: India
  • AOR: 06th December 2019
  • Biometrics: 06th January 2020
  • RPRF: 29th January 2020
  • Medical (1st): 28th February 2020
  • Medical Extended: from 28th February 2021 to 28th April 2021
  • Re-Medical Request: 2nd February 2021
  • Medical (2nd): 24th February 2021
  • COVID Vaccination submission: 14th September 2021
  • COVID Vaccination (Additional Document acknowledgement): 22nd October 2021
    • Received Mail with message: "Please be advised your application is currently under review by an officer and you will be contacted further in due course."
  • RFV Email: 25th October 2021 (18:40 hr)
Planning to travel in January or early February 2022, before medical expires.

And thanks to anyone who has answered any questions I may have had - especially @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes - you two were especially helpful.

Would be happy to help if you've got any other questions.

Alicia Belle

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Got "Ready for Visa" email today. My details for those who are interested:
  • OINP - Tech Draw selection: July 12th
  • OINP Application approved: August 24th
  • Country of Residence: India
  • AOR: 06th December 2019
  • Biometrics: 06th January 2020
  • RPRF: 29th January 2020
  • Medical (1st): 28th February 2020
  • Medical Extended: from 28th February 2021 to 28th April 2021
  • Re-Medical Request: 2nd February 2021
  • Medical (2nd): 24th February 2021
  • COVID Vaccination submission: 14th September 2021
  • COVID Vaccination (Additional Document acknowledgement): 22nd October 2021
    • Received Mail with message: "Please be advised your application is currently under review by an officer and you will be contacted further in due course."
  • RFV Email: 25th October 2021 (18:40 hr)
Planning to travel in January or early February 2022, before medical expires.

And thanks to anyone who has answered any questions I may have had - especially @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes - you two were especially helpful.

Would be happy to help if you've got any other questions.
I am happy and excited on your behalf. Congratulations

Dec-2019

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Great, so now I can make prediction. If I am about to receive golden mail (whatever it's called) it should happen just before Christmas or in January.

This is based on the fact that I have gone through the medical exam on December 17th 2019. Let's see :)
did you receive the ready to travel mail

ronton

Oct 22, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hello,

I'm happy to report that my wife and I received a request to submit our passports for COPRs. I'm currently in the US and my wife is in India. I was planning on flying back to India this upcoming week when I received this request today. I contacted the IRCC call center to ask if it was okay to submit my passport in the VAC in India but they asked me to send an email to the email address listed on the letters. The call center executive mentioned that they will need to provide approval for me to submit my passport in India along with my wife and the file may need to be transferred to the appropriate office but she wasn't sure how it all works.

Could you please share some knowledge with regards to this situation? Do you know how long it would take for them to potentially approve the request for submission in India and if this will add processing time to our application? If it will, I can always extend my stay in the US and submit the passport according to the instructions here but I'm unsure of how long it will take to receive the passport back. For India, I'm aware of premium processing facilities that allows the return of the stamped passport within a week. I don't think this facility exists for US. Thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

For everyone else, we are FSW-O applicants. Montreal Office VO. AOR: Dec 2019. Principal Applicant: USA Wife: India.