+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hello,

I'm happy to report that my wife and I received a request to submit our passports for COPRs. I'm currently in the US and my wife is in India. I was planning on flying back to India this upcoming week when I received this request today. I contacted the IRCC call center to ask if it was okay to submit my passport in the VAC in India but they asked me to send an email to the email address listed on the letters. The call center executive mentioned that they will need to provide approval for me to submit my passport in India along with my wife and the file may need to be transferred to the appropriate office but she wasn't sure how it all works.

Could you please share some knowledge with regards to this situation? Do you know how long it would take for them to potentially approve the request for submission in India and if this will add processing time to our application? If it will, I can always extend my stay in the US and submit the passport according to the instructions here but I'm unsure of how long it will take to receive the passport back. For India, I'm aware of premium processing facilities that allows the return of the stamped passport within a week. I don't think this facility exists for US. Thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

For everyone else, we are FSW-O applicants. Montreal Office VO. AOR: Dec 2019. Principal Applicant: USA Wife: India.
Wow many congratulations! Did you have to do remedicals? If yes, when were they passed?

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Does the covid vaccination submission appear to speed up PPR timeline? I'm thinking about doing that but since my file is shown as approved I don't want to throw more stuff at them

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello,

I'm happy to report that my wife and I received a request to submit our passports for COPRs. I'm currently in the US and my wife is in India. I was planning on flying back to India this upcoming week when I received this request today. I contacted the IRCC call center to ask if it was okay to submit my passport in the VAC in India but they asked me to send an email to the email address listed on the letters. The call center executive mentioned that they will need to provide approval for me to submit my passport in India along with my wife and the file may need to be transferred to the appropriate office but she wasn't sure how it all works.

Could you please share some knowledge with regards to this situation? Do you know how long it would take for them to potentially approve the request for submission in India and if this will add processing time to our application? If it will, I can always extend my stay in the US and submit the passport according to the instructions here but I'm unsure of how long it will take to receive the passport back. For India, I'm aware of premium processing facilities that allows the return of the stamped passport within a week. I don't think this facility exists for US. Thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

For everyone else, we are FSW-O applicants. Montreal Office VO. AOR: Dec 2019. Principal Applicant: USA Wife: India.
Congratulations.

If you request IRCC to allow you to submit your passport in India it can take 2-6 weeks to get an approval and few weeks before new instructions are sent to you.

Reactions: anand.damojipurapu

ronton

Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations.

If you request IRCC to allow you to submit your passport in India it can take 2-6 weeks to get an approval and few weeks before new instructions are sent to you.
Thanks for your reply @legalfalcon. I guess it's better to get it stamped from the US then. However, I hear conflicting reports of where to send the passport. My letter says to send it to the cpco office in Ottawa but I've heard of people submitting it to the consulate in their state as well.

Do you by any chance know how long it's taking for the passport stamping process if its sent to Ottawa from the US?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Does the covid vaccination submission appear to speed up PPR timeline? I'm thinking about doing that but since my file is shown as approved I don't want to throw more stuff at them
I sent vaccination proof in May. No progress whatsoever... I do not think it would hurt, but most likely will not matter.

Mauriss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I sent in mine in July, though they acknowledged it, no movement whatsoever since then.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your reply @legalfalcon. I guess it's better to get it stamped from the US then. However, I hear conflicting reports of where to send the passport. My letter says to send it to the cpco office in Ottawa but I've heard of people submitting it to the consulate in their state as well.

Do you by any chance know how long it's taking for the passport stamping process if its sent to Ottawa from the US?
You have to follow the instructions on the PPR letter.

Menyueru

Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to confirm that after almost 2 years since my AOR I have received the Ready for Visa Email and I am scrambling to send everything to my local VFS as soon as possible. Thanks everyone here who answered my questions, you where all so helpful. I do have 2 last questions @legalfalcon or anyone who could help me with this, in the email they ask for:
  • The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
  • The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.
How do I need to provide this information? Just written in a piece of paper? And I was planning to look for housing after I arrived and stay in a temporal venue either a airbnb or cheap hotel until I find an actual apartment to rent, What should I put for complete address then?

Ismath

Jan 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to confirm that after almost 2 years since my AOR I have received the Ready for Visa Email and I am scrambling to send everything to my local VFS as soon as possible. Thanks everyone here who answered my questions, you where all so helpful. I do have 2 last questions @legalfalcon or anyone who could help me with this, in the email they ask for:
  • The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
  • The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.
How do I need to provide this information? Just written in a piece of paper? And I was planning to look for housing after I arrived and stay in a temporal venue either a airbnb or cheap hotel until I find an actual apartment to rent, What should I put for complete address then?
Hey can you confirm your timeline pl

Menyueru

Aug 17, 2020
Hey can you confirm your timeline pl
Sure
  • OINP - Tech Draw selection: August 1st 2019
  • OINP Application approved: November 22nd
  • Country of Residence: Dominican Republic
  • AOR: 09th December 2019
  • Biometrics: 07th January 2020
  • Medical (1st): 22th January 2020
  • Medical Extended: from 22th January 2021 for 1 year
  • Re-Medical Request: 13 October 2021
  • Medical (2nd): 22 October 2021
  • RFV Email: 27th October 2021

Reactions: joyunspeakable

Lithin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Sure
  • OINP - Tech Draw selection: August 1st 2019
  • OINP Application approved: November 22nd
  • Country of Residence: Dominican Republic
  • AOR: 09th December 2019
  • Biometrics: 07th January 2020
  • Medical (1st): 22th January 2020
  • Medical Extended: from 22th January 2021 for 1 year
  • Re-Medical Request: 13 October 2021
  • Medical (2nd): 22 October 2021
  • RFV Email: 27th October 2021
Congrats and all the best for your next steps:)