+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kimtaeyung

Oct 20, 2021
We applied through EE but got nomination through PNP from SINP. I guess that would make us PNP?
So my whole concern about when to land is around my daughter, and if you say that the best is for us to land there at the earliest, then that would mean we would have to make a rushed landing in December in which case we will not have enough time to prepare our "To follow list" for goods we want to ship at a later stage. Anyways her education comes first for us.
Thank you for you feedback. If you or anybody else have further advise, please do suggest.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
We applied through EE but got nomination through PNP from SINP. I guess that would make us PNP?
So my whole concern about when to land is around my daughter, and if you say that the best is for us to land there at the earliest, then that would mean we would have to make a rushed landing in December in which case we will not have enough time to prepare our "To follow list" for goods we want to ship at a later stage. Anyways her education comes first for us.
Thank you for you feedback. If you or anybody else have further advise, please do suggest.
Yup, If you got 600 bonus points to your EE profile by getting provincial nomination, then you're classified as a PNP applicant.

kimtaeyung

Oct 20, 2021
Yes thats right, we got 600 points for being nominated by SINP. Do you know if it's alright to do soft landing? So we can land, get our PR cards and travel back to finish the academic year. Then we shift to Saskatchewan permanently in July. In December, are there too many holidays in Canada or can we still expect PR cards in about 2 weeks or so after landing? And finally, since we are SINP, I believe we have to land in Saskatchewan but there are no direct flights to Saskatchewan from UAE so how do people handle this? Is it ok to land in Toronto or Montreal and take a flight from there to Regina or Saskatoon?

Ashbeel

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
19-02-2021
Nomination.....
02-03-2021
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Med's Done....
04-01-2021
Yes thats right, we got 600 points for being nominated by SINP. Do you know if it's alright to do soft landing? So we can land, get our PR cards and travel back to finish the academic year. Then we shift to Saskatchewan permanently in July. In December, are there too many holidays in Canada or can we still expect PR cards in about 2 weeks or so after landing? And finally, since we are SINP, I believe we have to land in Saskatchewan but there are no direct flights to Saskatchewan from UAE so how do people handle this? Is it ok to land in Toronto or Montreal and take a flight from there to Regina or Saskatoon?
Correct on the flight path. At the port of entry, they will check with you on how you plan on going to your nominating province and when.

Regarding your daughter's study, you are the best judge for the situation. Not a suggestion, but if I was in your shoes I might end up making the hard decision of sending my wife and kids back to UAE and in the meantime work on making things ready in Canada. Plus, I will still be in the country to get the PR cards and probably visit UAE and help them come back.

Again, it's just something I would do. The situation may be different for you. Check if schools there will enroll your daughter this late into the year? That can be a way out of it as well

kimtaeyung

Oct 20, 2021
Correct on the flight path. At the port of entry, they will check with you on how you plan on going to your nominating province and when.

Regarding your daughter's study, you are the best judge for the situation. Not a suggestion, but if I was in your shoes I might end up making the hard decision of sending my wife and kids back to UAE and in the meantime work on making things ready in Canada. Plus, I will still be in the country to get the PR cards and probably visit UAE and help them come back.

Again, it's just something I would do. The situation may be different for you. Check if schools there will enroll your daughter this late into the year? That can be a way out of it as well
Thank you all for your replies and Ashbeel for your latest reply too. My daughter is already enrolled here in the UAE in her last year. I already know that we can enroll her in Canada even if we land in November or December as it is still the end of 1st term but the issue is since she is schooling in the GCSE syllabus, she is not very keen on changing for the last term or 2 and therefore we prefer to complete her schooling here.
As for your suggestion, thanks and yes we were thinking around the same lines but for all of us to wait there till we get our PR cards and then we all come back to UAE. As for settlement in Canada, we have my brother there so we are good in terms of landing and having a place to stay for at least a few weeks if not longer during our short term trip we must now plan this December and also when we finally shift there.
Our whole concern to go through all this and get the PR cards is just to make sure that after we do that we can apply to universities in Canada as a PR rather than international student even when we are back here in the UAE after getting our PR cards. If you can throw some light on this will be great.

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
@legalfalcon : I got ready for visa mail today( CEC Outland ). There it is mentioned that COPR will be valid till 1yr from date of medical exams. My medicals were extended till 1st Feb 2022 by IRCC and my wife did re medical in July 2021. So, what could be the expiry date of COPR? After we get a passport stamped it will be very less time to wind up a travel. Does IRCC give extension to COPR if there is a justifiable reason?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I got ready for visa mail today( CEC Outland ). There it is mentioned that COPR will be valid till 1yr from date of medical exams. My medicals were extended till 1st Feb 2022 by IRCC and my wife did re medical in July 2021. So, what could be the expiry date of COPR? After we get a passport stamped it will be very less time to wind up a travel. Does IRCC give extension to COPR if there is a justifiable reason?
Getting extensions is a tough job, they are given but take a long time.

The officer who approved your file may at his discretion give you a PR visa and COPR beyond the validity of your medicals. So wait until you receive the COPR and PR visa to know the actual dates before which you have to land.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
@legalfalcon i saw one post that IRCC is asking eye color of approved applicants. Is this true? If if it is, what if you have placed black instead of brown, will it affect the applicants upon entering border?

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon , I submitted the medical exam result of my Study Permit application as a re-medical checkup for Express Entry application. This morning I received an email from Regional Medical Office for additional information as follow:

Date: 2021-10-20

UCI: XXXXXXXX

UMI/IME: U00XXXXXXX/XXXXXX

Name of the Applicant: XXXXXXXXXX

E-mail on File: xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Dear applicant,

Your immigration medical examination results were received and in order to complete the assessment, additional information is required.

Details of the medical information required were recently sent to your e-Medical file. Contact the panel physician first to confirm their operating hours and any specific requirements for this follow-up, as you may not be required to visit the clinic prior to a certain date or they may just need to confirm information on the phone with you.

Please contact the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination. If you cannot go to the clinic where you did your IME, you may utilize the services of another panel physician used for Canadian immigration medical examinations and a list of all Panel Physicians can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx. Do not redo a new IME.

Keep a copy of this letter for your records as it contains information the Panel Physician/clinic will need. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

We recognize that you may have some difficulty in accessing the health professionals required to meet this request due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need more time, contact your responsible Visa Office as the Regional Medical Office does not make decisions on application document extensions.

Kind regards,
Is it something special or abnormal?

Last edited:

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I just got my gcms notes

PS5894

if you happen to google your badge number, just want to say thank you for approving my file
It's been more than a year since someone touched my file. the previous officer was leaving final decision blank.
me too. Just got my gcms notes and saw that this guy was the one to finally approve my file. So happy for it

Reactions: Caprio

Aqsara

Oct 8, 2019
I need some expert advice.
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia

FSW Outland
AOR - DEC 2019
COR - India

Currently in a limbo, the wait for PR Approval seems endless.

I'm planning to get married in coming December. I seem to be losing CRS points if I add my Spouse to my profile.
My Consultant advised me to declare to IRCC of the change in my marital status after receiving COPR, and not before that. Because the decision will already be made on the profile.

1.. Do you think this is a safe move to make.?
As I want to migrate with my spouse

2.. If not, What other options do I have?
and How Long will that process take?

Kind Regards.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I need some expert advice.
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia

FSW Outland
AOR - DEC 2019
COR - India

Currently in a limbo, the wait for PR Approval seems endless.

I'm planning to get married in coming December. I seem to be losing CRS points if I add my Spouse to my profile.
My Consultant advised me to declare to IRCC of the change in my marital status after receiving COPR, and not before that. Because the decision will already be made on the profile.

1.. Do you think this is a safe move to make.?
As I want to migrate with my spouse

2.. If not, What other options do I have?
and How Long will that process take?

Kind Regards.
If you have already submitted your application, then a change of family composition has no bearing on the CRS.

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.
Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

The above line in red means, that the newly added family member will not be subject to eligibility (A11.2) if the family composition changes after the submission of electronic application (e-APR).

The newly added family member will only be subjected to medical, criminality, and security admissibility.

Ask your consultant to update him/her and read the policies and regulations.

Reactions: Aqsara

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , I submitted the medical exam result of my Study Permit application as a re-medical checkup for Express Entry application. This morning I received an email from Regional Medical Office for additional information as follow:

Is it something special or abnormal?
Nothing concerning, all this letter means is that instead of creating a new IME number, they are asking to transmit the medical under the same number and if applicable, any additional instructions or tests have been sent to the e-Medical file, i.e. the electronic record created by the physician.

Contact the panel physician and ask them to do as instructed in the letter.

Reactions: haihttran

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i saw one post that IRCC is asking eye color of approved applicants. Is this true? If if it is, what if you have placed black instead of brown, will it affect the applicants upon entering border?
It has no bearing. Mos people will have brown eyes, which may appear black as it is darker.

If you incorrectly entered the wrong colour, no need to be concerned.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Nothing concerning, all this letter means is that instead of creating a new IME number, they are asking to transmit the medical under the same number and if applicable, any additional instructions or tests have been sent to the e-Medical file, i.e. the electronic record created by the physician.

Contact the panel physician and ask them to do as instructed in the letter.
Thank you so much for your answer. Much appreciate.

Reactions: legalfalcon