Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My medicals expired few days back and I haven't received any update from IRCC to get an updated medical test done. Also there is no Ghost Update on my application. Anyone else in a similar situation? @legalfalcon Should I get a new medical test done or will it be extended again? It was extended once previously. As per my GCMS my application was approved in May 2020 and my AOR is Dec 2019. I applied from India as a FSW-O.

See #13,193

Reactions: pk2711

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
My medicals expired few days back and I haven't received any update from IRCC to get an updated medical test done. Also there is no Ghost Update on my application. Anyone else in a similar situation? @legalfalcon Should I get a new medical test done or will it be extended again? It was extended once previously. As per my GCMS my application was approved in May 2020 and my AOR is Dec 2019. I applied from India as a FSW-O.
Unfortunately outland applications are in a kind of hold at the moment, and there are many with their medical expired ( mine is the same )

Since it is not clear when the restrictions will be lifted you'd better not to take a re-medical on your own now, cause this one might also get expired by the time IRCC starts to issue PPR for outlanders. There is also the possibility of your medical gets extended without asking for remed. So, if you ask me, I would say postpone taking your remed until you here some good news about outland PPR issuance at least.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Unfortunately outland applications are in a kind of hold at the moment, and there are many with their medical expired ( mine is the same )

Since it is not clear when the restrictions will be lifted you'd better not to take a re-medical on your own now, cause this one might also get expired by the time IRCC starts to issue PPR for outlanders. There is also the possibility of your medical gets extended without asking for remed. So, if you ask me, I would say postpone taking your remed until you here some good news about outland PPR issuance at least.
Thank you. Im just concerned that an expired medical could reflect negatively on my application if I dont do a re-med. I've been trying to call IRCC this week but had no luck. Will try next week. My plan is to see if there is a GU on my application by end of may. If I dont see one and if I am not able to speak to IRCC then I might get a re-med.

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon . I recently received PPR and my profile status is changed to Approved at gckey. Considering the travel ban that is being extended every month, if I get married before traveling the first time to Canada , will that affect my existing approved PR ? Will that cause delay ()? Is it mandatory to add my spouse before my first travel to my PR ? Or will I be able to travel and apply for spouse Visa after moving to Canada? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon . I recently received PPR and my profile status is changed to Approved at gckey. Considering the travel ban that is being extended every month, if I get married before traveling the first time to Canada , will that affect my existing approved PR ? Will that cause delay ()? Is it mandatory to add my spouse before my first travel to my PR ? Or will I be able to travel and apply for spouse Visa after moving to Canada? Please help me. Thanks in advance.
If your family composition changes before you land in Canada, even if your PR application has been approved and a COPR issued, you will have to inform IRCC.

You have to inform IRCC of the change of family composition, irrespective of whether your spouse is accompanying to not. You will have to submit your spouse's documents, and your spouse will be subject to medical, criminal, and security admissibility. However, the eligibility will not be re-done.

This would mean that your application will be re-opened, processed and once done, you will be issued a new PPR / COPR.

Reactions: ki2_2019

shalu rana

Jan 13, 2021
Ludhiana
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-12-2019
Can u share ur AOR timeline and Are u a fsw outland applicant?

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019
If your family composition changes before you land in Canada, even if your PR application has been approved and a COPR issued, you will have to inform IRCC.

You have to inform IRCC of the change of family composition, irrespective of whether your spouse is accompanying to not. You will have to submit your spouse's documents, and your spouse will be subject to medical, criminal, and security admissibility. However, the eligibility will not be re-done.

This would mean that your application will be re-opened, processed and once done, you will be issued a new PPR / COPR.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon .

Reactions: legalfalcon

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Raised webform yesterday, selected "Replacement documents, Amendments to documents and Verification of Status documents", and uploaded my certificate of vaccination. I explained that my file is processing since December 2019, so I hope that they will (in the near future) consider that document when making final decision. After submitting, I realised that I wrote wrong date of vaccination (I wrote date in March, first dose while second/final was in April) but they can check that information on the submitted document.

If I get any response I will post it here. This is my last straw of hope to get to the Canada this year.

Reactions: Divyak1234

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Raised webform yesterday, selected "Replacement documents, Amendments to documents and Verification of Status documents", and uploaded my certificate of vaccination. I explained that my file is processing since December 2019, so I hope that they will (in the near future) consider that document when making final decision. After submitting, I realised that I wrote wrong date of vaccination (I wrote date in March, first dose while second/final was in April) but they can check that information on the submitted document.

If I get any response I will post it here. This is my last straw of hope to get to the Canada this year.
good for you, and hope you can get your ppr soon.
I am already expecting to go to canada next year, actually next summer or autumn...

Jenny20133

Jun 16, 2020

Good to know, did you redo your medical as well?

Aspirant3

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
good for you, and hope you can get your ppr soon.
I am already expecting to go to canada next year, actually next summer or autumn...
Hello

Do they want the vaccination card. I too have it but I don’t think it’s required to be sent as the quarantine plan is what they would want even after vaccination.

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Good to know, did you redo your medical as well?
No, I didn't. Under "Review of medical results" I have "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

@legalfalcon posted multiple times that medicals are usually extended for 6 months or 1 year, regarding which country you come from. However, I can't find which country falls under "designated". On the list below, for temporary residents of Canada, applicants from my country doesn't need medical, maybe legalfalcon is talking about that list? Does that imply that my medicals are perhaps extended for 1 year?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, I didn't. Under "Review of medical results" I have "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

@legalfalcon posted multiple times that medicals are usually extended for 6 months or 1 year, regarding which country you come from. However, I can't find which country falls under "designated". On the list below, for temporary residents of Canada, applicants from my country doesn't need medical, maybe legalfalcon is talking about that list? Does that imply that my medicals are perhaps extended for 1 year?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html
Here is the original post: #13,193

Reactions: JaaKaaa