+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hello experts , do we have to pay Biometrics fees upfront and than CIC will send the biometric request ? I didn’t pay upfront . And waiting for biometric .......I only received Medicals , I see almost everyone getting biometric , just wondering I didn’t get cause I didn’t pay the fees ?

Yamoo15

Jan 15, 2019
Hello experts , do we have to pay Biometrics fees upfront and than CIC will send the biometric request ? I didn’t pay upfront . And waiting for biometric .......I only received Medicals , I see almost everyone getting biometric , just wondering I didn’t get cause I didn’t pay the fees ?
I want to know this too! It’s a bit confusing. I believe applicants up to December 2018 were not asked bio up front. They’ll let you know if they require bio. There are a few people here who recently got their dm and ppr, but nowhere in their timeline were they asked for a bio. And currently our gckey account says we do not need your fingerprints. My husband passed his medical back in March 14. No news or update since medical passed. ☹

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I want to know this too! It’s a bit confusing. I believe applicants up to December 2018 were not asked bio up front. They’ll let you know if they require bio. There are a few people here who recently got their dm and ppr, but nowhere in their timeline were they asked for a bio. And currently our gckey account says we do not need your fingerprints. My husband passed his medical back in March 14. No news or update since medical passed. ☹
For many countries biometrics weren't required for those who applied in 2018. Probably you don't need them too. If you do need, you'll get a request to pay for them first, and after you pay you'll get another request to actually give fingerprints.
Relax for now :)

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
For many countries biometrics weren't required for those who applied in 2018. Probably you don't need them too. If you do need, you'll get a request to pay for them first, and after you pay you'll get another request to actually give fingerprints.
Thankyou but on website it says it might delay your process . Should we pay on and submit receipt on web form?

Yamoo15

Jan 15, 2019
Thank you! That’s what I thought. Asia pacific applicants were only required to give bio starting from dec 31, 2018 and onwards.

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
I think we all sent the old checklist, but I've been reading that when this happens they give a period of grace, in June of 2018 they gave it.
We sent the old check list too. Immigration sent an email informing us if the error and told us to submit Schedule A. I actually thought it was nice of them as they didn't return the whole application

Reactions: schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
So far, the number of messages from our thread surpassed Nov, Oct, Sept and August 2018 outland threads. But I see Jan 2019 thread is catching up quickly. Everyone was excited about AOR1, MR, BR etc. We are entering the painful "Application is in progress" blackhole:D

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
So far, the number of messages from our thread surpassed Nov, Oct, Sept and August 2018 outland threads. But I see Jan 2019 thread is catching up quickly. Everyone was excited about AOR1, MR, BR etc. We are entering the painful "Application is in progress" blackhole:D
I am still in background check. I wonder how long it will take. A few people from November already recieved their PR and the background check was done in a few days :(

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I am still in background check. I wonder how long it will take. A few people from November already recieved their PR and the background check was done in a few days :(
I would be happy if I were in your place, my wife's BGC was not even started.:(

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
My wife is in Beijing...not a good location considering all the tensions between the two countries:eek:
Sorry to hear that. She will get it all done I have seen a few people in other threads from there and they got the PR card. Best wishes

Reactions: ryester