+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi, I didn't get SA and it been a month.

1. We received your application to sponsor on December 31, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

On the Ecas it says they sent the correspondence letter on Feb 28th, but only I got was email for biometrics payment on March 5th.
I paid for it immediately and got a confirmation email on March 8th.
But after that, I didn't get any email. Is it normal?
Patience is key (although, I was definitely not patient) but after waiting for a little over a month, I got SA and MR yesterday... so I’m sure yours will come soon!

Creg

Mar 12, 2019
England
Hello All,

Not sure if anyone else is waiting for their AOR 2 & background checks to start but below is the timeline for my wife's permanent residence application.

Anyone else who has been transferred on March 08 to CPC-Mississauga can advise if you are also waiting for BGC ? GC key shows no update on BGC

Application type - Outland Applicant (Applicant is in India)
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 28, 2018
AOR 1 - Feb 20, 2019
Sponsor Approval - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Received - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Completed - March 04, 2019
Medical Passed - March 08, 2019
File Transfer to CPC-M - March 08, 2019
AOR 2 - No Update
BGC - No Update
Our timelines are very similar (see my signature on a computer). We were transferred to Mississauga too on March 8th 2019.

Ever since I linked to GCkey on Feb 15th 2019, my GCkey has said background checks are processing.

The last 7–10 days I have seen applicants who applied in early to mid December 2018, get Decision Made. So I’m hoping me and you, may get DM in the next 1-2 weeks? Someone I know in another group, who applied 3 days before me, got DM in Principal Applicant’s ECAS today. So we could even see it in the next few days. Fingers crossed, but I’m equally prepared for a longer wait.

Good luck!

Reactions: jaggy257

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Has anyone uploaded extra documents without a request? I just visited my husband for 10 days and we would like to show more proof of our relationship.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018
I'm Dec 19th and still waiting for medicals to pass and file to transfer. I think it depends on which VO they are getting sent to. Mine should be Mexico and they seem to be waiting to send them. Where is yours headed?
mine should be headed to Abu Dhabi, but I hope its Mississauga *fingers crossed*

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018
Us too. Waiting waiting. Could be the destination VO is severely inundated or backlogged... OR could be a Bring Forward Date thing? (Our Visa Office is apparently in Mexico City) I see the trend for Mexico VO is that some aren't transferred for up to 5 months after initial receipt of application.

I am impatient. Our application is still sitting in Sydney. Why not just mail it?! I went to the MPs office today. Every day it sits there is puzzling to me.
The last 3 weeks were 0 visible progress after medicals passed; They won't mail off the application... I don't understand it. How hard is it to send it over to the VO? What is going on with Mexico VO o_O

PA GC Key still showing notes like...

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I agree, it should not be so hard to just mail out the application. It has been almost a whole month now since our application is sitting at Sydney. I am just wondering why is it that other applications get sent out but some applications are still sitting in one spot. Why the difference when every requirement is met with.

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Our timelines are very similar (see my signature on a computer). We were transferred to Mississauga too on March 8th 2019.

Ever since I linked to GCkey on Feb 15th 2019, my GCkey has said background checks are processing.

The last 7–10 days I have seen applicants who applied in early to mid December 2018, get Decision Made. So I’m hoping me and you, may get DM in the next 1-2 weeks? Someone I know in another group, who applied 3 days before me, got DM in Principal Applicant’s ECAS today. So we could even see it in the next few days. Fingers crossed, but I’m equally prepared for a longer wait.

Good luck!
Thank you... I too hope we hear back something soon.. Cheers :)

Reactions: Creg

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Has anyone uploaded extra documents without a request? I just visited my husband for 10 days and we would like to show more proof of our relationship.
I was wondering the same thing. I’ve visted my husband twice since I mailed out the application and I also got insurance and added him as beneficiary but I wasn’t too sure on whether it was necessary or not unless they ask for it..

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
I was wondering the same thing. I’ve visted my husband twice since I mailed out the application and I also got insurance and added him as beneficiary but I wasn’t too sure on whether it was necessary or not unless they ask for it..
I used webform to upload a document unprompted, because we sent in a "work related police check" initially, instead of the proper "international travel" one. IRCC confirmed it has been added to our file. They didn't ask for it because they haven't started the background check, but I caught my mistake early and didn't want to risk ANY further delay. The police check would have expired anyway after 3 months, so I was more than happy to have an up-to-date one on file, hopefully preventing future delays and BFDs. Webform upload link: IRCC Web form.

Would recommend this only if you feel these developments to be contingent to approval and you truly need to show more proof etc. If you already proved your relationship extensively in your application, no need to worry. If IRCC require additional proof of relationship in any way, they'll request specific proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy and mari5

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I have asked this question before as well but no one had a valid response. What if the app isn’t yet transferred but Background check on GCKEY says we started processing.... ?
Quite a few of us here are in the same position. My account has shown eligibility and background "in process" since the first day we linked accounts. I can think of 4-5 others here who have had the same.

No one knows for sure, but it seems likely that it doesn't mean a whole lot... My hubby previously lived in Canada, so initially I assumed they had started the Canadian side of his background check. But then others here have the same status in their account even when PA never lived in Canada before, so ???

Reactions: schweisy

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
I got my MR today. So basically on the attached letter IMM 1017 - where its the PA's personal info section like DOB, name and nationality etc - I have noticed that my husband's address is in the address field even tho that's not my current mailing/residential address. Is that normal?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I got my MR today. So basically on the attached letter IMM 1017 - where its the PA's personal info section like DOB, name and nationality etc - I have noticed that my husband's address is in the address field even tho that's not my current mailing/residential address. Is that normal?
The address is for PA, which was provided by you when you filed application. So why do you ask if it is normal? Is it because it is wrong or it is different from yours? If it is the second case, well, again it meant to be PA's. If it is wrong, you need to update to IRCC.