File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I have asked this question before as well but no one had a valid response. What if the app isn’t yet transferred but Background check on GCKEY says we started processing.... ?
No one knows. There are several of us for whom the background check has in fact been in process ever since AOR1. Mine still was transferred to the local VO, so it definitely does not guarantee it will processed in Canada.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I have asked this question before as well but no one had a valid response. What if the app isn’t yet transferred but Background check on GCKEY says we started processing.... ?
BGC can start before transfer. We already saw it happen to a few members here. Their BGC starts immediately after AOR1. I suspect that means IRCC considers those cases are either very straightforward or very suspicious so that it will take either very short or long time. As you can see, my response may not be a valid response either. :DRemember people here are all sponsors and applicants not IRCC officers. You don't expect definitive answer in some cases.;)

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Taking it as a waiting game, if you are impatient, you lose the game :D
I can appreciate what you are saying. IMHO there is no winning or losing. It is quite a different situation when the birth of a first baby is involved, I'll just say that. The birth of the first child in any marriage is a momentous event that truly cannot be re-created ever again. Regardless, I whole heartedly accept the things I cannot change. :cool: GLTA in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryester

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
What did MP say? Is he helpful
No reply yet from the MP office. They closed at 3PM Friday so, looks like they'll reach out next week. :rolleyes: I know our MP personally from University, she's a great woman. We'll see what they suggest or do. (If anything!) ;)

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I can appreciate what you are saying. IMHO there is no winning or losing. It is quite a different situation when the birth of a first baby is involved, I'll just say that. The birth of the first child in any marriage is a momentous event that truly cannot be re-created ever again. Regardless, I whole heartedly accept the things I cannot change. :cool: GLTA in the process.
I totally understand the anxiety especially the due date is coming closer. But the positive thing from your waiting is your application is still in Sydney not Mexico. Because it means there is still a chance to be transferred to CPC-M which is a fast lane. and maybe IRCC is evaluating your situation.

PaperLantern

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-12-2018
Update!

We got my wife's medical in Fredericton, NB on March 14 and we just found out today (March 20) that she passed her medical. It was updated on the CIC application account. How long will it be until we hear more news and what's the next step? :) We are US/Canada outland.

Also, the new bar thing on the application page shows we are still 9 months out from a decision being made. Seems so long :(.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Update!

We got my wife's medical in Fredericton, NB on March 14 and we just found out today (March 20) that she passed her medical. It was updated on the CIC application account. How long will it be until we hear more news and what's the next step? :) We are US/Canada outland.

Also, the new bar thing on the application page shows we are still 9 months out from a decision being made. Seems so long :(.
That bar is useless, I would take it with a grain of salt. Outland US apps are generally processed much faster than 12 months (but not always). You'll either be requested to submit more documentation or biometrics if you haven't already or otherwise you wait until DM.

PaperLantern

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-12-2018
That bar is useless. Outland US apps are generally processed much faster than 12 months (but not always). You'll either be requested to submit more documentation or biometrics if you haven't already or otherwise you wait until DM.
I was told that the biometrics weren't needed for US citizens :eek:! We did get asked to send an updated FBI certificate which we did using the form thing online and it was received. :) Do you know if I should update them about the fact that my wife took on a second job in the US?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I was told that the biometrics weren't needed for US citizens :eek:! We did get asked to send an updated FBI certificate which we did using the form thing online and it was received. :) Do you know if I should update them about the fact that my wife took on a second job in the US?
Sorry you're right, and no, answered in your other thread, you do not need to update on employment changes.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
I totally understand the anxiety especially the due date is coming closer. But the positive thing from your waiting is your application is still in Sydney not Mexico. Because it means there is still a chance to be transferred to CPC-M which is a fast lane. and maybe IRCC is evaluating your situation.
Thanks I love your optimism!!!! :D I really do!

What has me convinced it's destined for Mexico @ryester is that the agent at IRCC say the file is "marked for Mexico VO..." whatever that means. If they KNOW it's going to go there, why not send it LOL. We really cannot know the method to their madness. Ever! o_O I am still going to hold a glimmer of hope for your awesome theory though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry777
Jan 8, 2019
Hey folks,

I uploaded the payment for Biometric through the web form both to Ankara and processing center in Canada, but so far (almost 2 months) they didn't reply back to me. Is this normal waiting time for something like this?
I already tried to contact them through the same web form, but so far nothing.

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Hello All,

Not sure if anyone else is waiting for their AOR 2 & background checks to start but below is the timeline for my wife's permanent residence application.

Anyone else who has been transferred on March 08 to CPC-Mississauga can advise if you are also waiting for BGC ? GC key shows no update on BGC

Application type - Outland Applicant (Applicant is in India)
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 28, 2018
AOR 1 - Feb 20, 2019
Sponsor Approval - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Received - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Completed - March 04, 2019
Medical Passed - March 08, 2019
File Transfer to CPC-M - March 08, 2019
AOR 2 - No Update
BGC - No Update

Last edited:

Irshaddd khan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I guess I sent a really strong message to the universe couple of weeks ago

I received DM today wooohoooooo

My application was received on December 13 and it is exactly 100 days to March 22 and 99 days if you don’t include March 22

And to top that it is also a Friday :) - just as I hoped for in my previous post

With the way things are going for me - I hope to win the lottery tomorrow -

#believe
soo now you will get ppr?..how many days?

didhddidhd

Feb 27, 2019
Hi, I didn't get SA and it been a month.

1. We received your application to sponsor on December 31, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

On the Ecas it says they sent the correspondence letter on Feb 28th, but only I got was email for biometrics payment on March 5th.
I paid for it immediately and got a confirmation email on March 8th.
But after that, I didn't get any email. Is it normal?

kohman77

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hello All,

Not sure if anyone else is waiting for their AOR 2 & background checks to start but below is the timeline for my wife's permanent residence application.

Anyone else who has been transferred on March 08 to CPC-Mississauga can advise if you are also waiting for BGC ? GC key shows no update on BGC

Application type - Outland Applicant (Applicant is in India)
Sponsor - Canadian Citizen
Application received date - Dec 28, 2018
AOR 1 - Feb 20, 2019
Sponsor Approval - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Received - Feb 28, 2019
Medical Completed - March 04, 2019
Medical Passed - March 08, 2019
File Transfer to CPC-M - March 08, 2019
AOR 2 - No Update
BGC - No Update
Nov applicant, also transferred to Mississauga. Moved on Feb1 and had BGC 5 weeks later.
See sig for timeline.

Reactions: jaggy257