+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I have not been transferred either as you know. (No receipt of transfer to VO)
I called CIC today. The agent informed me that the Visa Office has been assigned, but it is still awaiting transfer. He mentioned he has no idea or authority to say WHEN, but that the process is underway. He mentioned since the Visa Offices have been assigned (for me it's Mexico) that he could only speculate it would happen soon, and to be patient. He was very helpful!
Nice! One less thing to worry about.

Reactions: svilli and schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
@schweisy I've put the data into a basic presentation with a couple of conclusions at the end. From the data, it looks like theres one clear reason for CPC-M transfers, VO work overload:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bxj3bDKC0xj7oFjuOD7UvSz6CyWAhCUl4yNMUWuPiIw/edit#slide=id.g51e33f39d4_0_4
Thank you so much Josh! Though your final statements are not conclusive, they are very revealing. I did not expect that even sponsors who are living outside Canada can still be transferred to CPC-M. So @schweisy has a chance!:p

Reactions: schweisy and JoshC

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018
so is it safe to assume for those who are awaiting a transfer, that our file might go to our local VO instead of Mississauga?
Considering that the bunch files transferred to Mississauga and unfortunately we weren't one of them. Now we have agents who assigned us the VO per file...

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
so is it safe to assume for those who are awaiting a transfer, that our file might go to our local VO instead of Mississauga?
Considering that the bunch files transferred to Mississauga and unfortunately we weren't one of them. Now we have agents who assigned us the VO per file...
No, it is NOT safe to assume anything in this game, YOU;) still have a chance!

Reactions: svilli

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
To give a brief on my case - I got married on december 4th, 2017 and applied for my PR in July'18 ... I I applied as spouse non accompanying ... I got my PPR in dec'18 ... I will be moving to Toronto next month ... After that I will file for my Spouse PR ... Currently I'm preparing my documents ... While going through the forms , i got stuck in the two questions ... One question is from IMM5532 and other from IMM5533. IMM5532 asks me that have lived together in our relationship period ... in IMM5533 it asks for the proofs like boarding pass, entry exit stamp ... I will be going for the first time to canada ...
How to share the screen shot of the questions ?
The forms are intended for a sponsor who is already a Canadian resident . I recommend you not to prepare the forms till you are ready to sponsor under family class.

Reactions: schweisy

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Thank you so much Josh! I think your conclusion is not conclusive but very revealing. I did not expect that even sponsors who are living outside Canada can still be transferred to CPC-M. So @schweisy has a chance!:p
Definitely not conclusive as the data is tiny in comparison to the number of applicants applying via this stream. @schweisy definitely has a chance of getting directed to CPC-M. Only time will tell, but it's nice to know it's not a given that it'll go to your local VO if you're a Canadian citizen outside of Canada.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Definitely not conclusive as the data is tiny in comparison to the number of applicants applying via this stream. @schweisy definitely has a chance of getting directed to CPC-M. Only time will tell, but it's nice to know it's not a given that it'll go to your local VO if you're a Canadian citizen outside of Canada.
Please keep that data around and keep posting them for new input, maybe someday it will become conclusive.:D

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I have not been transferred either as you know. (No receipt of transfer to VO)
I called CIC today. The agent informed me that the Visa Office has been assigned, but it is still awaiting transfer. He mentioned he has no idea or authority to say WHEN, but that the process is underway. He mentioned since the Visa Offices have been assigned (for me it's Mexico) that he could only speculate it would happen soon, and to be patient. He was very helpful!
Aha! Thank you for updating on this! I bet you we're in the same situation. I don't really understand why files would have to queue simply to be transferred, but hey, IRCC works in mysterious ways... :rolleyes:

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Aha! Thank you for updating on this! I bet you we're in the same situation. I don't really understand why files would have to queue simply to be transferred, but hey, IRCC works in mysterious ways... :rolleyes:
It would explain why it feels like they're released in large batches, much like the day we all got medical requests.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Thank you so much Josh! Though your final statements are not conclusive, they are very revealing. I did not expect that even sponsors who are living outside Canada can still be transferred to CPC-M. So @schweisy has a chance!:p
Haha! Thanks for rooting for us, guys! :D:p That said, @JoshC's conclusion that it's mostly about VO workload seems pretty persuasive to me, and Vienna isn't known for being overloaded (though of course it's also not particularly speedy either -- Mississauga it's definitely not!). That, in combination with what @dorkismalorkis reported above, makes me suspect that we're in some sort of queue to go to Vienna after all (which, to be honest, I would have been expecting and been fine with if I simply hadn't known about all the CPC-M transfers! :p).

The more confusing part for me now is why @vinothku and @aby1098 wouldn't be sent to CPC-M, given that all NDVO seem to be going there, at least for the first stage....

Reactions: vinothku and JoshC

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Haha! Thanks for rooting for us, guys! :D:p That said, @JoshC's conclusion that it's mostly about VO workload seems pretty persuasive to me, and Vienna isn't known for being overloaded (though of course it's also not particularly speedy either -- Mississauga it's definitely not!). That, in combination with what @dorkismalorkis reported above, makes me suspect that we're in some sort of queue to go to Vienna after all (which, to be honest, I would have been expecting and been fine with if I simply hadn't known about all the CPC-M transfers! :p).

The more confusing part for me now is why @vinothku and @aby1098 wouldn't be sent to CPC-M, given that all NDVO seem to be going there, at least for the first stage....
You guys analyze this a lot eh? Lol

Reactions: ryester and JoshC