+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

biginjapan

May 29, 2016
Outbound family application
Application arrived in Sydney Dec 24
AOR Feb 17th
SA Feb 26th
Today I got an email saying that the file has been transferred to Singapore.

1. When should we be getting the MR? It seems that many people who applied around the same time have already got this, so we are a bit worried.
2. Is it good that our file has been transferred? this means that things are moving along?

We have not been able to link our account so we wait for emails to get information from CIC

Thanks!!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Yep! If you order GCMS notes you'll often see the BFD acronym.
Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to order my notes at the end of this process just to try and understand it all a little more.

Because we need to wait Gary to get back to his driver's seat.;)
What did I start with Gary :p I hear he's out on vacation for two weeks. :eek:

Reactions: kcward7

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
They don't work on your file continuously. It's in stages, and they assign BFD at all stages. For example, they request the medical, and would assign a BFD for 30 days. They don't look at your file until that date is flagged to them - they work on other apps. So for example, maybe your file is marked ready for transfer but it's been assigned a BFD - they may not revisit your file until that bring forward date comes, and then transfer it. That's a huge part of why there's so many delays.
Thanks for explaining. This makes total sense, and actually is sort of what I have been counting on (PA wasn't able to get a medical appointment for 3 weeks and I have been hoping that doesn't slow it down versus if he'd done it immediately). Although I still can't wrap my head around why so many others had transfer dates ahead of us when we had the same MR date.

Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to order my notes at the end of this process just to try and understand it all a little more.
I've already had this thought myself! We're on the same nerd wavelength there... :D

Reactions: JoshC

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
They don't work on your file continuously. It's in stages, and they assign BFD at all stages. For example, they request the medical, and would assign a BFD for 30 days. They don't look at your file until that date is flagged to them - they work on other apps. So for example, maybe your file is marked ready for transfer but it's been assigned a BFD - they may not revisit your file until that bring forward date comes, and then transfer it. That's a huge part of why there's so many delays.
That is consistent with what we experience, suddenly on one day, a lot of people get emails from IRCC.

Reactions: schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Outbound family application
Application arrived in Sydney Dec 24
AOR Feb 17th
SA Feb 26th
Today I got an email saying that the file has been transferred to Singapore.

1. When should we be getting the MR? It seems that many people who applied around the same time have already got this, so we are a bit worried.
2. Is it good that our file has been transferred? this means that things are moving along?

We have not been able to link our account so we wait for emails to get information from CIC

Thanks!!
Congratulations!

MR will be coming to you in the next batch.
It is neither good nor bad that your file is transferred to a VO. But it is definitely good to know that your file is transferred to VO because that means your application is moving along.

Last edited:
Reactions: svilli and schweisy

lthota89

Nov 13, 2015
Appl Received Dec 17th
AOR FEB9
Medical Request feb19
Medical Done Feb 28(PA INDIA)
Progress bar/Medical Received/medical passed. March 6
but still i did not receive any Letter (SA) may be because of any mail delay i guess
"
Below is my ECAS
  1. We received your application to sponsor ************ on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2019 about the decision on your application."
  1. We received ********* application for permanent residence on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent ********** medical instructions on February 20, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Appl Received Dec 17th
AOR FEB9
Medical Request feb19
Medical Done Feb 28(PA INDIA)
Progress bar/Medical Received/medical passed. March 6
but still i did not receive any Letter (SA) may be because of any mail delay i guess
"
Below is my ECAS
  1. We received your application to sponsor ************ on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 26, 2019 about the decision on your application."
  1. We received ********* application for permanent residence on December 17, 2018.
  2. We sent ********** medical instructions on February 20, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Using ECAS, you need to login as sponsor (using sponsor's information) to check DM for SA.