+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Me too! Dec 7 outland. I wouldn't be so bothered if I didn't know from these boards that almost EVERYONE else has been transferred. I wonder what the freaking hold-up is for ours?!! o_O:(
Yeah - it is very frustrating:mad:, which actually had me turn to the board for support. :D

Reactions: schweisy

ATaxPayer

Aug 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

Application received: December 24, 2018

And my wife's current status is as follows:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Can someone tell us what stage we are in? I see it says that the background check is processing. I called CIC to ask a few questions and he said the application is still in Canada? Can someone give some insights?

maxprostomax

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Can someone tell us what stage we are in? I see it says that the background check is processing. I called CIC to ask a few questions and he said the application is still in Canada? Can someone give some insights?
Background check - is not accurate in cgkey. Wait till your application will be transferred to your local visa office for processing.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

Your application is at Medical Passed stage. If you don't get email from IRCC saying your application is transferred to another VO for further processing, that is going to happen next in the process. After that happens, they may require additional documents from the applicant, and start background check etc.

ATaxPayer

Aug 28, 2018
Your application is at Medical Passed stage. If you don't get email from IRCC saying your application is transferred to another VO for further processing, that is going to happen next in the process. After that happens, they may require additional documents from the applicant, and start background check etc.
I received an email saying I'm eligible to sponsor. So after this there is another email saying it is being transfered?

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hello,

I see some people have dates in Background check in spread sheet. Do you guys received any thing from CIC or status says we started your background check.
Mine says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I see progress bar but it says Estimated remaining processing time: 9 Month(s) which is 12 months and i don't think current average time is 12 months as per all files moving and previous months.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Okay, we got the letter asking for biometrics today. Got an appointment for next Friday.

We are waiting for the UK and Thai Police Clearances. The post office says they've delivered the UK one but I don't have it (freaking out slightly) and the Thai one we paid a fortune for a legal company to do it in a rush. We'll know more at the end of the week.

EDIT - just received the UK Clearance but I can't upload it onto my CIC account. Sent if via the webform at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx Hope that's right.
EDIT - received AOR in junkmail

Hope everyone else's journey is on track!
Congrats on the AOR!

The Webform is the correct way to send the documents, so don’t worry.

Hello,

I see some people have dates in Background check in spread sheet. Do you guys received any thing from CIC or status says we started your background check.
Mine says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

I see progress bar but it says Estimated remaining processing time: 9 Month(s) which is 12 months and i don't think current average time is 12 months as per all files moving and previous months.
I can’t speak for everyone but mine said it was in progress since I got my AOR - it’s never said anything else.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I received an email saying I'm eligible to sponsor. So after this there is another email saying it is being transfered?
yes, that is SA (Sponsor Approval) email. There will an email from IRCC saying your application is transferred to another VO for further processing.