+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Document checklist IMM 5533 has been updated again (March 2019).

As we've discussed before, they made a mistake in February 2019 updating a checklist when they changed an address from Sydney to Mississauga for outland spousal sponsorship. Now they changed it back:

See the highlighted section above.

But now it does not match the guide in the opposite direction :D If February's checklist suggested to send all applications to Mississauga (whereas the complete guide says outland applications must be sent to Sydney), now the March checklist suggests to send all the applications that are sent by courier to Sydney, whereas the complete guide is still saying to send them to Mississauga (see the image below):

Are they drunk? :D "Let's change it to Mississauga. Now let's change it to Sydney". Do they really think we don't have enough confusion with this process to they add even more? Gary should definitely stop drinking.

@JoshC , did you hear anything from them on your request?
Mississauga is for Inland. The red rectangle inside the form is only applicable for applications sent to Sydney by courier.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Good day every one , I just received an update later from CIC that says ( We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor ) what is next after this ?
They will start processing your Aplication congratulations

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Mississauga is for Inland. The red rectangle inside the form is only applicable for applications sent to Sydney by courier.
Yes, the red rectangle inside the form is only applicable for applications sent by courier for all applications (including inland), and it says Sydney. Whereas the guide says inland by courier must be sent to Mississauga.

They made a mistake previous time, now they fixed it and created another one.

ArtMed

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Yes, the red rectangle inside the form is only applicable for applications sent by courier for all applications (including inland), and it says Sydney. Whereas the guide says inland by courier must be sent to Mississauga.

They made a mistake previous time, now they fixed it and created another one.
But that is not what the document you quoted says, it clearly shows two different addresses for two different situations.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
But that is not what the document you quoted says, it clearly shows two different addresses for two different situations.
The checklist or a guide? The checklist shows only one direction for applications submitted by courier.

hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
Since things have slowed down a bit in terms of updates, probably it is a good time to introspect on our addiction to the December thread, ecas and GCKey.

I will go first:

How many times in a day do you read all the updates posted on the December thread?

12 to 20 times a day

How many times in a day do you check ecas and GCKey?

6 to 8 times

I have a feeling I am not alone when it comes to severe anxiety about the application status and this is the only place which calms me down.

Not sure if Our data expert josh will come up a spreadsheet for this :0 :p

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Since things have slowed down a bit in terms of updates, probably it is a good time to introspect on our addiction to the December thread, ecas and GCKey.

I will go first:

How many times in a day do you read all the updates posted on the December thread?

12 to 20 times a day

How many times in a day do you check ecas and GCKey?

6 to 8 times

I have a feeling I am not alone when it comes to severe anxiety about the application status and this is the only place which calms me down.

Not sure if Our data expert josh will come up a spreadsheet for this :0 :p
Haha, I’m right there with you. I haven’t gotten SA yet and I’m frantically checking ECAS and GCKey at a minimum, 5 times a day - even at odd hours of the night as if it’s going to make a difference lol.

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Another small update, friends... we just got our Medical Passed update on our account. It now reads "You passed the medical exam." Short and sweet!

Overall timeline thus far:
App rec'd: Dec 5
AOR1: Jan 31
SA: Feb 13
MR: Feb 19
Transfer to VO: Feb 27
Medical Completed: March 1
VO Started Processing: March 4
Medical Passed: March 5
AOR2: Still waiting...

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Document checklist IMM 5533 has been updated again (March 2019).

As we've discussed before, they made a mistake in February 2019 updating a checklist when they changed an address from Sydney to Mississauga for outland spousal sponsorship. Now they changed it back:

See the highlighted section above.

But now it does not match the guide in the opposite direction :D If February's checklist suggested to send all applications to Mississauga (whereas the complete guide says outland applications must be sent to Sydney), now the March checklist suggests to send all the applications that are sent by courier to Sydney, whereas the complete guide is still saying to send them to Mississauga (see the image below):

Are they drunk? :D "Let's change it to Mississauga. Now let's change it to Sydney". Do they really think we don't have enough confusion with this process to they add even more? Gary should definitely stop drinking.

@JoshC , did you hear anything from them on your request?
I've had no reply as of yet. However, when I download IMM5533 mine still states Mississauga for everything, I've just downloaded it about three minutes ago directly from their site and it also shows the latest update as Feb 2019.

Where did you find the one you've screenshotted?

The checklist for common law (imm5589) is set out much better, there's a clear line between the different types of application with each showing the courier address:

Reactions: svilli