+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-80#post-7625425

I posted the above a couple of weeks back and @natkat liked it, so I’m assuming they’re still waiting for their PCC to come or update with CIC.

@Rsfamily doesn’t seemed to have responded so what I’ll push their app to the bottom of the tracker and put a date of removal on it for 2019-04-01. This will keep it nice and clean and if RS comes back they can add themselves on again.

@schweisy, I’ll be putting your CPC-M theories to the test tonight/tomorrow with the data collected. I’ll post it ASAP.
Thank you for being our data analyst :p

Reactions: JoshC

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hello all,
I received biometrics fee request from CIC on the 2019/02/28 I made the payment same day and uploaded the receipt on the web form same day. I got an acknowledgement of reception of the receipt on 2019/03/01 the mail stated the receipt has been forwarded to the processing office, however I was surprised to receive another payment request again today. I have uploaded the receipt again and awaiting response from them, as anyone have a similar experience and how was it resolved.
I had two payment requests too. It takes 5-10 business day to process your payment receipt.
As for your email on the 1st of March. What is in the signature? Sydney, NS or another office? If Sydney, that means that you haven't received AOR2 yet. As acknowledgement of reception usually is sent by Visa Office to confirm you, that they got your docs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshC

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
We applied for PR in Dec 2018 and my spouse's passport will expire in March 2020. If we get PR in Dec 2019 they will only have 3-4 months left on their passport before it expires.

1. If we get a new passport now will it hold up out application?
2. Should we wait until getting PR and then get a new passport?
3. A different, better option that we are not thinking of?

Thanks!
1. No
2. Your wife will receive PR on the day of Landing in Canada (no way to get PR until she cross the border)
3. I would recommend you to get new passport now (if it is allowed in her country of citizenship) and submit a copy of new passport via web form.

Be aware, that your wife has to enter Canada one year from Medical exam date.

Last edited:

siid

Jan 25, 2019
(I know someone else has asked this same question today, but enough answers has not been generated yet).

IRCC is asking us to make another biometrics payment after the first payment that was made on February 22nd, via web form.

My PA received another email today for biometrics payments with a new deadline date to avoid refusal.

Please how did you guys solve this error with CIC??? This mistake is from their end.

Thanks for your response in advance, and I look forward to receiving your solutions.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
(I know someone else has asked this same question today, but enough answers has not been generated yet).

IRCC is asking us to make another biometrics payment after the first payment that was made on February 22nd, via web form.
My PA received another email today for biometrics payments with a new deadline date to avoid refusal.
Please how did you guys solve this error with CIC??? This mistake is from their end.
Thanks for your response in advance, and I look forward to receiving your solutions.
Hi, have you received confirmation from IRCC that they added your payment (made on 22nd) to your file?

siid

Jan 25, 2019
Hi, have you received confirmation from IRCC that they added your payment (made on 22nd) to your file?
Thanks for your response. Yes I received confirmation on the 25th that the payment receipt have been sent to responsible office.

But why is Sydney office sending us a new letter dated today March 5th, that they’ve not yet received it, and asking for a new payment before they could proceed with the application?

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for your response. Yes I received confirmation on the 25th that the payment receipt have been sent to responsible office.

But why is Sydney office sending us a new letter dated today March 5th, that they’ve not yet received it, and asking for a new payment before they could proceed with the application?
You can submit them the same receipt and the confirmation.
Or, you can call to IRCC to clarify the situation.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
We are also in Hong Kong. Could you tell me if the email came before or after the medical was passed?
In my case, there was no email (AOR2) yet. I got that message from ECAS. The AIP date happened to be on the same day that MR passed. But MP showed up at least 12 hours earlier than AIP..

ArtMed

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
In my case, there was no email (AOR2) yet. I got that message from ECAS. The AIP date happened to be on the same day that MR passed. But MP showed up at least 12 hours earlier than AIP..
Did the UMP clinic really take 5-7 days, as they told us?

hadaj

Nov 28, 2018

if you received a confirmation of receipt, its all good. I had the same thing happen to me and when I called CIC they said that its just a generated response because the officer has not updated the payment on the file. hope this helps.

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Did you get update in Ecas/gckey for update for VO processing or you got email ?
We haven’t received any mail from the VO,

Just the letter from IRCC Intake saying they transferred the file, and then ECAS changed to show they started processing on March 4th.

Hopefully a formal AOR2 in a day or two...

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Document checklist IMM 5533 has been updated again (March 2019).

As we've discussed before, they made a mistake in February 2019 updating a checklist when they changed an address from Sydney to Mississauga for outland spousal sponsorship. Now they changed it back:

See the highlighted section above.

But now it does not match the guide in the opposite direction :D If February's checklist suggested to send all applications to Mississauga (whereas the complete guide says outland applications must be sent to Sydney), now the March checklist suggests to send all the applications that are sent by courier to Sydney, whereas the complete guide is still saying to send them to Mississauga (see the image below):

Are they drunk? :D "Let's change it to Mississauga. Now let's change it to Sydney". Do they really think we don't have enough confusion with this process to they add even more? Gary should definitely stop drinking.

@JoshC , did you hear anything from them on your request?

Reactions: svilli and vinothku