+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

siid

Jan 25, 2019
My application was received on 17th dec 2018

No MR, No Biometrics, No SA or any other updates since then too :((
Oh ! Based on everyone’s response. I think each case is different based on PA’s country of residence. But regardless of this, everyone’s application will be processed within a year. You should get an update soon though :)

Lougeo

Jan 16, 2019
Our file was transferred to Mississauga March 4. PA will have his medical on Mar 6, but blood pressurre is above the normal range, I'm worried.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
We submitted something called "subject access" so if you've submitted an actual Police Certificate, you should be fine. The Subject Access was free and also from ACRO. The Police Certificate is not free but it's also from ACRO. I don't know how on Earth we got that wrong, but it was a silly mistake.
I did the same! :( SILLY ME. I have not received emails but I am 100% sure I sent the wrong police check in. We did a free, regional one for the whole family, when we actually need a national (likely expensive) one.
For anyone who wants to see what police check is required (country specific) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Our file was transferred to Mississauga March 4. PA will have his medical on Mar 6, but blood pressurre is above the normal range, I'm worried.

Don't be. My husbands was so high! He passed his medical. I have been meaning to get him to check it again, we were surprised it was on the really high side at the appointment.

Last edited:

Lougeo

Jan 16, 2019
I did the same! :( SILLY ME. I have not received emails but I t

Don't be. My husbands was so high! He passed his medical. I have been meaning to get him to check it again, we were surprised it was on the high side at the appointment.
That's great to know! Thank you!

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
I did the same! :( SILLY ME. I have not received emails but I am 100% sure I sent the wrong police check in. For anyone who wants to see what police check is required (country specific) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Don't be. My husbands was so high! He passed his medical. I have been meaning to get him to check it again, we were surprised it was on the really high side at the appointment.
The physician should have referred your husband to his GP for anything out of the ordinary really.

I've just noticed, your signature says your application was received on the 30th November, but you're down on the tracker as the 1st December, is that a sneaky way of getting to the top of a tracker :p

Reactions: svilli

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Same. No news after medicals passed. Congrats to all

I didn't get the email yet, but I am pretty sure we sent the wrong police certificates.
This is A HELPFUL PAGE I wish I found before: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html You can check what background / police document is required for each country. How did I miss this?

We assumed any old police check will do and went to a local office for background check but (of course), like everything else with this process, there are designated places where official background checks can be done and only certificates issued from there are valid ones accepted with Canadian Sponsorship Applications. Of course! :p CIC will likely email us about this issue of not having the proper police check. + Since the document will be in Spanish, it will require certified translation.

Should I wait for the request for additional documents to arrive or be proactive and get the document ready? My heart sank when I realized we sent wrong ones, and I wonder if I am risking application rejection!

We did the wrong police background checks for PA (husband) + mom n dad just to "cover all the bases" even tho they aren't even listed dependents (wanted to show husband comes from a good, non-crime committing family); we had all 3 pages certified translated at $300 Canadian dollars. (Complete waste of $ as these were the wrong police forms altogether). We will have to get the proper certificate / background check for PA. Luckily our application is processing so far with no issue, no request for additional documents yet, but since I am 100% positive we sent the wrong police check..... maybe it is best to just get started right away and get this stuff done so I can upload it the moment they request it to avoid further delay.

ECAS is showing "we do not need additional documents at this time" Yet, I am positive we sent the wrong police check they will so surely require, according to data uncovered in my trusty link above. :(

(Can't wait for this to be over x 1million)
It's possible they won't ever ask for it, but if it were me I'd probably want to have my bases covered. At minimum I would probably have your husband put through the request for the correct police certificate now, unless it's really expensive, as that is probably the part that takes the longest. You could perhaps wait to do the translation until it's asked for (presuming you can get that done at short notice) and therefore save that expense.

Last edited:

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
The physician should have referred your husband to his GP for anything out of the ordinary really.

I've just noticed, your signature says your application was received on the 30th November, but you're down on the tracker as the 1st December, is that a sneaky way of getting to the top of a tracker :p
No. I didn't think 1 day mattered much. Just easier to go by Dec 1.

I laughed at the suggestion of a GP referral. Where we actually live, it is the middle of the thick Costa Rican jungle - definitely no one there has GPs that I know of. It is an entirely different world. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshC

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
It's possible they won't ever ask for it, but if it were me I'd probably want to have my bases covered. At minimum I would probably have your husband put through the request for the correct police certificate now, unless it's really expensive, as that is probably the part that takes the longest. You could perhaps wait to do the translation until it's asked for (presuming you can get it that done at short notice) and therefore save that expense.
Thanks. We are going to get it organized with the request. :) I appreciate your input, experts!

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
How many languages can you speak? I’m a product of the British school system in which you complete 2-3 years of either French, Spanish or German then promptly forget 99% of it by the age of 16. :rolleyes:

Edit: I can vaguely remember how to say I am 12 years old in German... I think it’s Ich bin Zwolf jähre alt... :cool:
:D The umlaut and the capital first letter in zwölf and Jahre seem to have made a little swap, but other than that your memory is solid! Living in Canada you can look forward to some French being sprinkled into your subsconscious too (even if it's just the vocab on the cereal box)!

Reactions: svilli and JoshC

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
I did the same! :( SILLY ME. I have not received emails but I am 100% sure I sent the wrong police check in. For anyone who wants to see what police check is required (country specific) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
It's possible they won't ever ask for it, but if it were me I'd probably want to have my bases covered. At minimum I would probably have your husband put through the request for the correct police certificate now, unless it's really expensive, as that is probably the part that takes the longest. You could perhaps wait to do the translation until it's asked for (presuming you can get it that done at short notice) and therefore save that expense.
The PCC forms a large part of the security checks for the PA... You're more than likely going to have them requested if you've sent the wrong ones - I'd preempt it and get them ordered and upload them via the web form in with an explanation. The general rule of thumb is to not send anything unless requested but in this case better safe than sorry.

No. I didn't think 1 day mattered much. Just easier to go by Dec 1.

I laughed at your suggestion of a GP referral. Where we actually live, it is the middle of the thick Costa Rican jungle - definitely no one there has GPs that I know of. In fairness, everyone there is so happy and healthy no one really needs one. It is an entirely different world. :D
I can't imagine that, very different world. I can't imagine you get that many colds over there :p

:D The umlaut and the capital first letter in zwölf and Jahre seem to have made a little swap, but other than that your memory is solid! Living in Canada you can look forward to some French being sprinkled into your subsconscious too (even if it's just the vocab on the cereal box)!
My phone automatically corrected that... stupid phone :rolleyes:

biginjapan

May 29, 2016
We applied for PR in Dec 2018 and my spouse's passport will expire in March 2020. If we get PR in Dec 2019 they will only have 3-4 months left on their passport before it expires.

1. If we get a new passport now will it hold up out application?
2. Should we wait until getting PR and then get a new passport?
3. A different, better option that we are not thinking of?

Thanks!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey friends,

An update: no formal AOR2, but after a letter from IRCC that file was transferred to Sydney (Australia) in Feb 27, today ECAS says:

March 4th: We have started processing your application.

I’m assuming that means the Sydney VO has started their processing... but no formal AOR2 letter at this point.
Same situation for me, ECAS is updated with a new message that process started on Mar. 04 in HongKong.